favorite visual novel quote

Hey guys, I vaguely remember a quote: 'Now look at your hands, what will you create or destroy" something along thoses lines...

It's either from an anime or a vn and someone here actually put it as their signature for a while but I never got around to asking him/her where it was from.

Does anyone remember where that quote is from?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Chiru Episode 6 Ending] SPOILER SPOILERS SPOILER SPOILERS SPOILER SPOILERS SPOILER SPOILERSSPOILER SPOILERS SPOILER SPOILERSSPOILER SPOILERS SPOILER SPOILERSSPOILER SPOILERS SPOILER SPOILERSSPOILER SPOILERS SPOILER SPOILERS[spoiler=2nd one just in case] Even if you do join us

http://i.imgur.com/4uPLrqW.png

Nocturnal Illusion

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."

- Edgar Allan Poe, "A Dream within a Dream"

"The reward of pain is experience." -Aeschylus

"Love and hatred are the same thing.

The former is just aggressive and the latter is passive."

- Hans Gustav Adolf Gross, "Criminal Psychology"

"Pain is a great teacher for human beings.

The soul grows under the breath of pain."

- Wolfram von Eschenbach

"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's fate."

- Karl Marx, "Economic and Philosophic"

"Without the desire to live, there is no love of life."

- Albert Camus, "L'Envers l'envers et l'endroit"

"Those pretty, well disciplined, chaste girls who don't listen to others...

It's no wonder that they are eaten by wolves."

- Charles Perrault, "Little Red Riding Hoods"

"Fear of death is the realization of life's unresolved contradiction."

- Leo Tolstoy, "Life"

"Love is a sacred yearning to the unknown of the purest part of our soul."

- George Sand

"Freedom does not exist as an external truth.

It exists inside men, and those who wish to be free are free."

- Paul Ernst

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast:

Man never Is, but always To be blest."

- Alexander Pope, "An essay on Man"

All of these aren't directly from a VN, but technically they're in one :p.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Umineko Chiru EP6]...

You both need to water it, care for it, and nurture it. ...... And at the end, it will finally bear the fruit called love.

Did you know? It isn't over when it bears fruit. ...... If you don't harvest that love, your love will never be realized.

If you make it bear fruit without harvesting it, it can sometimes grow rotten. And bugs will often gather around it.

In fact, ....... sometimes thieves will come by and pluck it off the branch.

...... What if the fruit you've worked so hard to nurture gets pulled off the next morning?

...... You'll regret that you didn't choose to harvest it the previous day instead of complaining.

...... That regret really hurts. ...... It'll make you crawl through hell.

I was lucky. My hell ended after 18 years. ...... So, I'll never misjudge myself again.

...... That person is mine. I won't let him get away. I won't let him get out of my sight.

And I'm grateful to my master... for giving me that chance.

My 'certain willpower' in not giving up on that man no matter what was answered with a 'miracle'.

Shannon: Thanks for everything. ......... Having a little brother like you made things fun.

Kanon: ....... Thank you for letting me be me. Thank you for showing me the color in the world of gray.

Shannon: Why...... were we born, I wonder...

Kanon: It would have been better if we had died right after being born.

Shannon: ...... That is our Father's sin, isn't it...

Kanon: Yeah. So he can just die. Let them all die.

Shannon: Yeah. Everyone will die. It'll happen very soon. ...... And right after, everyone will revive, and we'll be able to see them again. We won't be birds in a cage anymore.

Kanon: ...... We will finally leave our cage...... and fly off to our separate worlds.

Kanon: October 5th, 1986. ...... The fated day.

Shannon The day that one of us will die.

Shannon: ...... Do we really...... need to duel?

Kanon: We do. You said it yourself. ...... We should have done this much sooner.

Shannon: Right. ...... Becuase... to me, you are-

Kanon: To me, you are-

Just in the way.

It's more interesting to kill yourself off every now and then.

...... Without love, it cannot be seen? ............ Hah. That's backwards.

Because of love, you end up seeing things that don't even exist.

...... Black tea is best enjoyed-

With your fellow monsters.

Y, yeees, my master...... Master's going to scratch my back... with Battler's handhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!

Bwaattleeer-shwaaaaaann!!

I won't even let you die. ...... You'll be endlessly defiled and humiliated by me, ....... and every time I forget the taste of victory, ...... I'll use your body to remind me.

Battler: ...... That's a nice look. ...... Married life with you would probably have been fun enough to make me vomit.

Erika: Of course. I'd spin you around every day, locked up in a world of pleasure that'd make you forget Beato-san right away!

...... I do not SMOKE. I am just a KID.

Yeah, you'd better. ...... I kept making strange faces all the time last game thanks to you...... Thought I might start getting wrinkles.

You really are heartless, aren't you? ... Well, wringing out this black cat like a towel and licking up every last drop is my only bliss!

Dang you're dim, stupid man. ...... You totally fell for it and gave me the tape... ...... I... Furudo Erika......... have duct tape ...!!

Lambdadelta: ...... We've heard those same words from many witches in the past. ...... And I've heard of hardly any who've actually managed to resume their games. ...... As far as I know, the only two are me... and Bern.

Beato: Why...... why would a person who knows about that hell throw another person into it?! Just because you're bored? Is that all?!

Lambdadelta: ............ Yeah, that's all. ...... It's to escape from boredom. ...... Because when we get bored, ...... we remember. ...... We remember that hell.

...... And you know, ...... by throwing someone else down into that hell, ...... we realize that, oh, we're the ones on the throwing side, ...... and that means we aren't in that hell ourselves.

...... If we don't keep doing that, ......... then the fear of that hell will overwhelm us....

Never speak of my past again.

[spoiler=Tsukihime]....

This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.

@Harlequin, let me add just one, a response to the kyrie quote

[spoiler=umineko chiru]

I was lucky. My hell ended after 18 years. ...... So, I'll never misjudge myself again.

...... That person is mine. I won't let him get away. I won't let him get out of my sight.

And I'm grateful to my master... for giving me that chance.*

My 'certain willpower' in not giving up on that man no matter what was answered with a 'miracle'.

If you love the hell of envy so much, then burn. ..burn in the flames of envy for all time. There are probably some things that can be learned from envy. However, its nothing to be praised, and its no one's duty. It seems you were too proud after all, kyrie oba san.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=Umineko Chiru EP8]...

I dedicate this tale to my beloved witch, Beatrice

The smiles and eyes of the children...... welcomed me.

Yeah, ...... I know. ...... I know...... all your faces.

It's been so long, far too long...... I'm finally here, at last......

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" Welcome home, Battler. """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Beatrice: You've kept me waiting, Battleeer.

Battler: ...... Sorry. I've showed up pretty late.

Beatrice: What are you doing, sitting in a wheelchair like that? Come on, I'll give you a hand, so straighten up.

Battler: ...... I......

Beatrice: Listen! All of us are finally gathered here. Tonight, the Golden Land will be resurrected in this place.

Beatrice: I'm so...... glad you came home......

Battler: I'm home. Sorry I took so long.

Beatrice: ...... I won't let go again.

Battler: Yeah. I'm not letting go either.

We'll be together for all eternity.

The witch showed that her left hand was empty.

She made a fist and waved her hand around.

When she opened her right fist, there was a candy there.

Well now, was this magic? Or a trick?

...... I do love you, Lambda. Once your limbs are gone, I'll skewer you through your butt and hang you by my bed. Every morning, I'll give you a good morning kiss, and every evening, I'll kiss you goodnight.

...... I'm not sulking. My face just looks this way.

...... Well, sorry for having an eternally frosty face.

Umm, ...... phone numbers...... ...... Why don't I have any phone numbers saved in here...? Oh, right, I have no friends... Umm, ...... how were you supposed to greet people over the phone? Does 'hello' work?!

Just by the presence of this postmark, see how far Bernkastel's reasoning has taken her.

There is no unsolvable mystery, ...... just like there is no inescapable fate.

""Even if the whole world refuses to acknowledge it, the miracle will happen as long as we believe!!""

Battler: The Ushiromiya eagle never looks back.

Ange: And it never gives up...!!

Bernkastel: If Lambda had been a little cleverer, she probably could've bought you 5 more seconds. ...... Then, you would've taken that key and escaped to the Golden Land. ...... Looks like the miko suffers too when the master's a fool. Ahhahahahahaha.

*POW*

The Witch of Miracles, who boasted that no one could even step on her shadow unless she wished it, ...... fell.

After taking Battler's right fist to her face, she fell.

Battler: ......... Take it back.

For too many years, she had forgotten the very concept of pain. Very slowly, ...... it was coming back to her.

Bernkastel: It hurts! ... It hurts, it hurts, it hurts... aaaaaaaaaghghhh!!

Battler looked at her. Their eyes met. ...... Once again, Bernkastel remembered the emotion she had forgotten for hundreds of years.

Battler: ......... Does it hurt?

Bernkastel: .........!!

Battler: The pain of your words ridiculing my friend......... is greater than that.

Battler's tale is a hundred times better...!! Sorry, but I'll be getting Best Supporting Actress this year!! ...... Hey, you guys! You'd better vote for me in the last character popularity contest, okay?! At least in the top 5! Got it?!

I, Ronove, cannot help but rise to the challenge when I see a woman in a pinch. A bad habit of mine.

Yes, my master!! Great detectives have their magnifying glasses! Furudo Erika has her chopsticks.

Something non-ALCOHOLIC. I am a kid, after ALL.

Erika: Those dark depths. ...... Just the perfect place to think up mysteries to challenge you with when we next meet.

Battler: So, this crystal cage is the ring for our duel. A chain deathmatch with nowhere to run.

Erika: ...... Now that you mention it, we're always fighting over closed rooms with chains.

Battler: Then let's use that. Make it a real chain deathmatch.

Erika: I'm prepared. But what about you?

Battler: ...... I am. ...... I told you, didn't I? I believed too. Come, Furudo Erikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Erika: Entertain me, Bwattler-shwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn!!!

Heeere you go, Maria~!! Here's a present from meeeeeee!! I'm warning yoooou, it's so cuuuuute!! Such a waste to give it up to you♪

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Goooooooooooohda, you loser-loving foooooooooooooool!!

Ihihihihihihihihihhihihahahahahahahahahah!!

Lambdadelta: Okay. If you'll guarantee your own flavor of happy ending with certainty, ...... then I, the great Lambdadelta, will stick around for a while longer. See how big my heart is! As wide as Lake Biwa!

Will: ... That's pretty thin, actually.

Lambdadelta: And as gentle as the Sea of Japan!

Dlanor: That is a very rough SEA.

...... Are you asking me? I'm paper, right? Double-twisted, curly super-paper. I don't understand complicated stuff.

...... Which of you...... mentioned MYSTERY?

Gather all the cats who aren't busy. This is an emergency!!! The cats I had guarding the key aren't responding!!! ......... Lambdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwg!!

It is easy to cast magic on other people. And believing in other people's magic is not so difficult. The hardest thing is casting magic on yourself.

Wash your face in miso sooooooooooooooooooooooooup!!!

""!""

""We will meet again. When something else cries.""

... More later. This episode has soooo much in it.

• 2 weeks later...
It would be great if people would post these quotes in the original language. Everything I've read is practically something from the translator. We don't know what's been added/omitted etc.

Barely anyone here plays VNs raw, so there isn't too much of a point in that. Not to mention that most of us can't read Japanese.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From Hanachirasu Bad End

"W-w-we have to get you to a hospital!"

"Just go on without me"

"What?"

"I said get the hell outta here, dammit! Why do you think I sacked an arm to save your neck and carried your heavy ass all the way here, huh!?"

"But what about you!?"

"I'm gonna fight him."

"That's crazy!"

"And I'm not heavy!"

"Shut up!!"

"The first time we made love, you said you liked how light and 'easy to handle' I was!! Ever since, I've been trying really hard to maintain my figure!"

"I don't give a flying fuck about that! Are you stupid!? Don't you get what's happening!?"

"Of course I do! My life's in terrible danger!"

"Great! Now that you get it, start running!

"I can't live knowing that you hate me for being fat!"

"That's what you meant!?"

"Akane!"

"What?"

"I'm not leaving until you tell me I'm not fat."

[spoiler=Tsukihime]

Is it anemia again?

Then it's just as always. It's normal. It'll pass. I'm in class. I have to recover. Look, the English teacher is reading aloud. The blackboard. Chalk. Chalk dust. English. The sound of chalk scraping. Teacher. Teacher. Adult. Podium. The creaking podium. Desk. Thirty-six desks. Student. Students. Thirty-six students. Three days ago there were thirty-seven. Window. Sky. Schoolyard. Sun. Unpopular. Lonely. Cold. Frightened. Uneasy. Something. Desire. Desire. Desire---