favorite visual novel quote

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kagetsu tohya -

everyone i understand there has been some hard feelings between us, but this is the Tohno family mansion. Please restrain your bloodthirst

Lovely and cute girl with glasses has arrived! A clean heart, and a beautiful face! Wise and pretty Nii-san! Even the absent mindedness is lovely! If its for curry and Tohno-kun, i can go to hell and back!

"you'd go to hell and back for curry..? What a lowly woman.."

"It really doesn't matter, but i will have you compensate for the window that you just broke."

wanko to kurasou -

I thought about a lot of things. Kotarou and I are probably similar.

Like how she scratched and bit any troublesome thing that came near her..

Like her she believed she was strong and didn't depend on others.

But we both know deep down. We didn't change on the inside. We merely learned how to live smart.Kotarou still doesn't let anything that troubles her near her

People and dogs can become stronger and smarter, but you can never change your true nature.

My mother only wants people's warmth..so she's living at the rock bottom of the city. She knows that even out in the light, she can't obtain true love that will heal everything. A lot of people there dream that they can get happen in return or with satisfaction if they make someone else happy. But everyone gets betrayed, has their life, love and money sucked our of them, and comes back down to the bottom.

A serious one from Ever 17

I'll admit it. In order for us to live, it's true that we must commit some atrocities. Sometimes people do terrible, despicable things. But do you really think 'living' is a sin? Thinking life is a sin, is the result of arrogant values. You don't really think it's a crime for a bird to snatch fruit from a tree, do you? Does a tiger feel guilt for eating its prey? Is it really a terrible thing to join together and create new life? Everything that is necessary to continue living, is not only right, I believe it is sacred. The birds, the tigers, the ants, even the grass... they all work so hard to live. It's a beautiful thing. And to love the lives of others, is just as important as loving yourself.

And a not-so serious one from Katawa Shoujo

Basically anything Kenji ever says. For example:

No, this is not some romantic princess picnic. What the hell man? This is a manly picnic. No glasses. No napkins. Whiskey only. The beverage of true men.

And pretzels.

EDIT: ^ didn't remember that one from ever 17 at all, chocolate. Nice one!

[spoiler=umineko ep.4 (heavy spoilers)] ''Beato certainly cannot win. And a miracle certaintly will not occur. ahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA'' -Bernkastel and Lamdadelta-

Edited by radiantmadness

Another favourite of mine from Katawa Shoujo is

"Wanna swoop in on your white charger and save the day? Stop the nightmares, the phantom limb pains? Restore what's lost?

Well you can't. Nobody can. Nobody will." - Emi

If you were to summarise the entire visual novel in one quote, this would be it -- the girls can't change who they are, and neither can you change yourself. Really helps to sell the message that 4LS were trying to show the reader.

Another favourite of mine from Katawa Shoujo is

"Wanna swoop in on your white charger and save the day? Stop the nightmares, the phantom limb pains? Restore what's lost?

Well you can't. Nobody can. Nobody will." - Emi

If you were to summarise the entire visual novel in one quote, this would be it -- the girls can't change who they are, and neither can you change yourself. Really helps to sell the message that 4LS were trying to show the reader.

Seeing your avatar in this topic make me want to post Yang Wenli's quotes; back to KS, I'd say that

Emi's quote may summarize half the work, the other half being the fact that even so their lives can still be less abnormal than what one would think.

Even if it's not easy to relinquish the prejudices or react in order to improve the predicaments they are in it's still possible, and people may be healty or impaired but they are people all the same at heart.

Edited by Uzuki Sepia

SSSS

*while being ******

"Uh... Federal Agency for Pussy Protection Services?"

Majikoi S

"Fuck her, and make her yours once again."

"Become more powerful after eating a man."

Majikoi A-1

"Sniff... I smell the white peach scent of loli from over here."

A Profile

"Talking has an objective. Everything else is chatting."

Sharin No Kuni

This quote made me laugh a little too much. Have to love the Sharin humour. A few of my favourites:

"You underestimate my otakuism"

"Accoriding to the law of the pendulum, the stronger the hate, the stronger the love once the pendulum swings in the other direction" (Basic tsundere theory)

"Damn your handwriting is atrocious. I can't tell if that's a one, a seven or a worm."

There's a few great ones from Sepia too, but I'll stop here

Emi's quote may summarize half the work, the other half being the fact that even so their lives can still be less abnormal than what one would think.

Even if it's not easy to relinquish the prejudices or react in order to improve the predicaments they are in it's still possible, and people may be healty or impaired but they are people all the same at heart.

I'd agree. I suppose the quote falls under the header of 'acceptance'. Lily's route is a prime example of what you were talking about; she doesn't even tell people she's blind since she doesn't think about it that much. Reminds me of another quote by lily.

"Have I ever apologized for my blindness even once? You can't help the way you are born, Hisao. There's no point in apologizing for who you are. You are a beautiful person, Hisao. Please don't apologize for that." - Lily

Seeing your avatar in this topic make me want to post Yang Wenli's quotes

YES

"Humans were drinking alcohol five-thousand years ago, and we're still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend. Can I abandon a friend?"

"There are few wars between good and evil: most are between one good and another good."

"Can't I get you to order me to retire?"

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands."

"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."

Yang Wenli transcends the idea of 'staying on topic'.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=rewrite]...

don't be a hero. Be a soldier. That's how you shoud live.

You're the one who left me, you coward! I was prepared to stay with you until the very end..! I'm the one who should hate you! I'm going to force you to live the way you hate most! You're going to live the rest of your life as Senri Akane! Same goes for the rest of you! You're not getting out of this! I'm not letting any of you take the easy way out! Live and suffer!

Dont reject everything by assuming nothing will ever change. That's just too sad. Its not that no one could accept you. You weren't trying to accept the world either. Its not your hands you're covered up wit those gloves..it's your heart. I will always be with you! Now you swear too! Never say you have to live alone again! Got it?!

A flower. A knight. He's Chihaya's knight. And..he's also a flower. So beautiful it invites despair.

The closed world of earth will continue to crumble...everyone thinks someone else will do something about it. When that day comes, what should you do? The point of no return. The moment when its no longer possible to go back and fix the problem. They say that point will come within a year or two for global warming. After that, no matter how hard we try we won't be able to reverse it. The only choice will be moving to a new planet.

Everyone says you need courage to step forward. But the price of that courage is not small. It's possible to shatter your heart by doing this. We should never stop trying..But humans dont have infinite strength. We all have our limites. But I've decided to try moving forward one more time. I'm so scared i'm shaking, and i might lose a lot from doing this...

I will win, i will have it, I will step forward. None of me sees this decision as beautiful or healthy. The last thing i want is someone to tell me "you did well" after my heart breaks. I just want it. I want it so badly, I'm going to do something about it. I want it so badly i could kill. So badly that, if i make one wrong move, I'll become a real stalker.

"I can't see people as human" -for me to know and you to find out

"Let me explain. This purple dildo is a dildo!" -for me to know and you to find out

Edited by Stàr

This is a scene from Virtue's last reward.

Clover:" Whoa, this is amazing. who'd ever need this much underwear?"

Sigma: "What?"

Clover: "Well, I mean all these boxes and stuff are panties right? And there are alot of boxes."

Sigma: "Panties?"

Clover: "Isn't that what it said on the door?"

Alice: : "Clover dear, it didn't say Panty..."

Sigma: "It said Pantry"

Clover: : "Pantry....?"

Alice: "It's where you keep food."

Clover: "O-oh, I guess that makes more sense."

lol, funniest part in the 3DS Visual Novel Game for me. Lol.

One my favorite scenes in Majikoi S

Mysterious Voice: Take my shaft...do not fear.

Yamato: W-Where's that voice coming from?

Mysterious Voice:I am the great divine blade "Sword of Kusanagi." I am the one that dwells in thy crotch.

Yamato: My dick is talking to me?

Mysterious Voice: You have received a gift from your father.

Yamato: What are you saying all of a sudden?

Sword of Kusanagi: Retreating due to the fact that she is a small girl is unacceptable of a man of the house of Naoe.

Yamato: It's fine if I'm not a man of the house of Naoe, I want to be a gentleman before that.

Sword of Kusanagi: Don't act innocent, and act as you wish.

Yamato: Are you telling me to sell my soul to the devil?

Sword of Kusanagi: Henceforth, the devil will smile!

From Higurashi:

The frog in the well was happy.

Because he wasn't interested in the outside world.

The frog in the well was happy.

Because he didn't have anything to do with the outside world.

And you were happy too.

Because you didn't know what happened outside the well.

Edited by Harlequin
Sharin No Kuni

"I want to go on a date! We'll play MMORPG's all night long! And then I want you to confess your love to me by saying 'lets grind together, baby'!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8949[/ATTACH]

I laughed my ass off at that quote when I was reading Sharin no Kuni sad part is the reason I found it so funny is cuz I dated a WoW addict for a while and she said something almost identical to me at one point in our relationship. If we were still on speaking terms I'd love to know if she got it from there or if it was just an incredible coincidence lol

• 3 weeks later...

From Higurashi:

"..."Impossible"... again...... Impossible...? Again...? Still...?... Why... impossible?"

People enjoy things more when there's a limit to it. Flowers are beautiful especially because they wither.

Keiichi: Well, you know. Girls have days when they just don't feel well...

Rika: I don't have those days. Nipa-*

[spoiler=Higurashi arc6]

This is a sEcRET place that NOBODY knows. I FeEl like my ConscIousNess is seParatiNg fRom my bODy, and I fEeL like I'm fLoATING.

[spoiler=Higurashi arc7]

She's just like the story of 'Higurashi'. She can change her personality suddenly. Therefore, Satoko is Miss Higurashi!

Keiichi: I'm going to do it. I'm going to get rid of the rotten tatami mat...! Are you going to join me, Rena?

Rena: Yes. I'm tougher than you think!

Keiichi: Hee hee hee, I know. But you should settle down a little bit. I feel like you could blow up a school if you got too serious.

Rena: Aha ha ha ha. I think you could beat up someone with a metal bat if you got too serious!

everything that happen in this world are by the will of Steins; Gate...

we are rule by it..

by its time line and future prospect...

none..

shall escape from its grasp...

although there's a world of abundance possibilities exist out there..

with its multiple parallel world co-existing..

but..

the world of Steins; Gate are the one thats non affected by any aspect..

even with the quantum and relativity theory...

it compromised of a future purely from all of our desire..

by then..

El Psy Congroo~

The wind is blowing through the city.

The wind is cold and sometimes you want to stop.

When you feel like that then I want you to move foward, even if it's just slowly.

Because someday you will reach it.

Certainly...reach it.

Even if it there's sorrow, you will be alright.

If you reach out your hand, there will be someone's hand.

And you can share the warmth.

Although the journey is harsh if you are alone, you will finish it if you don't release your grip.

Then, please notice it someday.

That there was several happiness during your journey.

Please don't forget.

You are not alone.

Even without wings you can do it.

Towards the shining tomorrow that you have dreamed of before.

9167-awesome-poem-awesome.jpg

Edited by OneManArmy

No matter where I go, I'm not alone.

Even without a home, without a mum or dad,

I'm just fine.

As long as somwhere in this world...

Even just one or two people.

As long as I have friends who want to see me again,

I'm just fine.

You should know that too.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7749/notalone.jpg

Lilim

other words Humans...

were the 18th Angel that descended to Earth..

as the descendent of Lilith..

whom supposed to nonexistence on Earth..

plunder and destroy other life form...

creature that rule the land for more than 5000 years...

merely an alien themselves..

whom adapted to Mother Nature...

yet,,,claimed to be it's successor

destined to plague the land to it's barren state...

Thou...

Child of Adam...

son of Abel...

are Doomed and cursed..

by Belberith...

to the earliest existence of Time..

though now..

all stories are naught...

but..

as End of Time arises...

the unveiling the Hidden Truth...

that mankind secretly disclose...

as they forgot their ancestors bloodline...

of an Invader they were since the Ancient World...

as the First Ancestral Race...

EVA~

Edited by ultimecea

Muv-Luv Alternative

"----Uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!" -Takeru

Sengoku Rance

"Girls are flower you cannot break. You have to love and admire them." -Shibata Katsuie

Rewrite

"In this dark world...you were the only thing that ever seemed truly bright to me." -Pochi

Saya no Uta

"――So, at the end of this manga, the man who fell for something inhuman gave up his own humanity for the sake of their love.

A happy ending, don't you think?"