Interesting Articles For Otakus Everywhere

I was cruising the threads and I came across several articles and websites that had been sourced by one member or another that I found interesting. The problem is that there are so many posts that your average user probably won't be able to find all of these interesting articles and websites that have been referred or referenced as they simply do not know they are out there on the forum. I was hoping that for this thread we could try and post whatever interesting articles and websites we know of or may find in the future. It doesn't matter what they are covering so long as the articles meet forum guidelines.

Final Note: I have tried to make sure all of the sites listed will not have a problem with their material being sited on this thread but there is always the possibility that I made a mistake somewhere. If for any reason an author or Admin of any site or article does not want their works cited send me a pm and I will immediately remove it from this list.

Here is the list as it stands:

General Information

Anime News Network

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ This one is a very good site that has information on literally thousands of anime. If your looking for information on a particular series or simply trying to get ideas for anime you might be interested in here is a good place to start.

America's 2009 Anime Market Pegged at US$2.741 Billion-according to animenewsnetwork

America's 2009 Anime Market Pegged at US$2.741 Billion - News - Anime News Network From the same site as above just not on the home page. This one shows the US Anime Industry from 2009. This is getting a little dated but is still pretty relevant. Also great to check out the rest of the website as they have some other cool stuff.

My Anime List-thanks goes to Desi for referencing this site in the shoutbox

http://myanimelist.net/ This is a site that has a ton of anime stuff for Otakus of all walks of life. There is also manga and other stuff as well so it is a great place to learn more about your favorite obsession. I'm not going to go into too much detail here so check it out for yourself. Anime, Anime, Anime, is there anything else worth saying?

Mangareader-thanks goes to Ultimecia for referencing this site in the shout box

http://www.mangareader.net/ This website is for Otakus who are looking for their manga fix. There are literally thousands of manga here which equates to tens of thousands of pages of text. If you thought you were running out of manga to read think again for this site will keep you busy for a long long time.

The present and future of the US anime industry-according to Yumeka

http://animeyume.com/blog/2012/01/11/the-present-and-future-of-the-us-anime-industry/ The title pretty much says it all on this one. The article is pretty interesting and even if its not your cup of tea there are some pretty good screenshots to add to your collection so its worth checking out.

Don't Panic! Analyzing the Decline of Anime-according to Megan

Don’t Panic! Analyzing the Decline of Anime « Project Haruhi This is another article talking about the stagnating market that we are currently facing. As the title suggests it is not all doom and gloom and the future does seem ripe for many new generations of Otakus.

Wahfuu Rant: The Nukige Effect-written by Wahfuu

wahfuu rant on nukige effect Here was an article I found very interesting. It is essentially a long rant about how nukiges and Visual Novels like Clannad and Ever 17 are lumped together with tentacle rape and other fetishes. While most enjoy a good nukige from time to time having everyone outside of the eroge fanbase think of them as the same thing can be very annoying, at least for me personally. If you feel particularly strong about the issue feel free to comment on their blog as well.

Japanese Learning Aids

Let's Learn Japanese!

Fast Track: 100 Grammar Points | TheJapanesePage.com For anyone like me who is interested in learning Japanese but needs a good place to start. Easy to understand format so great for beginners and intermediate beginners.

The Anki Flashcard Making Program

The Anki Program Even though I listed this one under Japanese Learning Aids Anki is something that can do far more. It is at its core a flash card making program and is great for studying a lot of different things such as languages, geography, names, etc. Anki can also be used on your mobile device as well so it is great for when your sitting around in waiting rooms or trying to pretend your listening to your teacher or professor in school, we all have those days at school so just admit it and move on. :)

Digital Dialects-Learning through games

Japanese language learning games Not 100% accurate with every word or translation but still another great place to start learning Japanese on your own. I find the format to be the best way to start learning for me personally. Also has many other languages so goes beyond just Japanese. While this is obviously not going to have you speaking a language like you were born to it, it will help get you started and help you figure out what learning process works best for you.

Audio and Written Short Stories In Japanese

Immerse Yourself In Japanese This is another one for those who are interested in learning Japanese but don't know where to start. There are literally hundreds of short stories here and while they may be children stories, for the most part, you can't expect to read a scientific journal in Japanese from day one and you have to start somewhere. The words and grammar are easier to understand overall and the Kanji is much less than it would normally be as it is geared towards a younger audience. If you combine listening to Japanese with some of your vocab and grammar studies you will be amazed at how much it could help with comprehension. Just click on the story you want and click the download link.

Other Interesting Articles

Kickstarter

Kickstarter Here is an interesting site with all kinds of projects. There is pretty much anything you might be interested in here so give it peek. If you have any ideas of your own you can even start your own project if you wish and add to the growing collection on the site.

Weapons of Mass Disruption #3: How and Why Consoles Will Die

How-and-why-consoles-will-die? Here is an interesting article about talking about the growing power of mobile devices and whether they could eventually make game consoles a thing of the past. Here is the link to our thread on the subject as well if you are interested Thread

Halo 4 Punishes Sexism-Brought to you courtesy of Switch

Halo 4 Punishes Sexism If you are here you have likely played a few video games in your life as well and this article should interest you a bit. I will let the article speak for itself to avoid bias and if you feel strongly about it one way or the other visit our thread in the Game Lobby Thread

Reverse Thigh Pillows-From TeamLiquid and brought to you courtesy of OneManArmy

What do you think of reverse thigh pillows? This one is just..... well I can't really put it into words but I found it humorous. It gets pretty out there about halfway through so consider this your headsup.

Kid's Famous Trilogy and All of its CG's

Kid Trilogy CG's If you ever wanted another way to get the CG's from KID's amazing trilogy then this is the place you should go. WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS for those who have not played all three.

ef - a fairy tale of the two. Series wallpapers

ef - a fairy tale of the two. - Wallpaper and Scan Gallery - Minitokyo This one's for all you EF lovers out there. Site also has other wallpapers too so its a great place for building your collection.

Edited by someguy withaname

Dang! I could not understand what was going on at all but I somehow found it hilarious.

To answer your question yes. As long as there is something Japanese related. I saw Kanji so it counts. :)

Edit: changed policy since this post. There are just too many good articles to limit it just to the content featured primarily on this forum so it is now all articles. They must still follow forum guidelines of course. :p

Edited by someguy withaname

I think you should probably put a title on the links at the very least. Assuming you don't want to organize a quick summary for each one. Posting random links with little to no explanation on where they link to, is a bit... untrustworthy. But either way, nothing wrong with this thread, might come in handy from time to time to have a resource like this.