so i got a psp 2000 i wanna play vns on it what do i do now?

i hear u can hack it to download vns from the computer to it but idk what software or right way. i dont want all thos homebrew apps nd i don't wanna ruin my psp forever either. Been doing research and found a few ways but they dont give me exactly what i need. i still wanna use the psp for music nd bvideos as well as playing regular games. any help would be great

i hear u can hack it to download vns from the computer to it but idk what software or right way. i dont want all thos homebrew apps nd i don't wanna ruin my psp forever either. Been doing research and found a few ways but they dont give me exactly what i need. i still wanna use the psp for music nd bvideos as well as playing regular games. any help would be great

dude..stop being an annoying person...

you alread been to the same thread...

and as matter of fact..i already posted links for those ported vn here

stop messing around because hackers wont teach you their tricks~

Ivan..please lock or delete this thread >>>

its the same as the one from before..just dont mind that stupid request here

Edited by ultimecea

Hacking the psp isn't a problem, all you do is have firmware 6.60 or lower, them you put the CFW into the game folder in the psp. Run the programme on the psp and there you go hacked. For example my psp is official firmware 6.60 then I downloaded 6.60 Pro Nightly from (https://code.google.com/p/procfw/wiki/NightlyBuilds) put it into PSP/GAME folder then run the update programme on the psp under Game then memory stick. Find the game you want download it and create a file name it ISO and put the game into that folder, place that folder into the root of the psp and there you have it. The hardest part is finding a translated VN for the psp since not many has been translated. if you want I can post screenshots of my folder layout. forgot to mention the hack is not permanent, to turn the hack off you just fully shutdown the psp and to get the hack back use the fast recovery programme.

Edited by Rauthaz
Hacking the psp isn't a problem, all you do is have firmware 6.60 or lower, them you put the CFW into the game folder in the psp. Run the programme on the psp and there you go hacked. For example my psp is official firmware 6.60 then I downloaded 6.60 Pro Nightly from (https://code.google.com/p/procfw/wiki/NightlyBuilds) put it into PSP/GAME folder then run the update programme on the psp under Game then memory stick. Find the game you want download it and create a file name it ISO and put the game into that folder, place that folder into the root of the psp and there you have it. The hardest part is finding a translated VN for the psp since not many has been translated. if you want I can post screenshots of my folder layout. forgot to mention the hack is not permanent, to turn the hack off you just fully shutdown the psp and to get the hack back use the fast recovery programme.

so you mean if i don't get the recovery program then when i shut it off it won't have the games i downloaded?

the difference its...

cracking a psp meaning you going to change your firmware to enable you to play PSP games that were in ISO/CSO form...

meanwhile..porting a PC VN to PSP actually using a specific program to convert to bootleg files...

which enables you to run in PSP

its totally 2 different thing...after all..

i crack my own psp and i ported most PSX games for psp myself >>>

i see so porting is where i don't have to install anything with a iso like on the computer using daemon tools. so crack is where u change the settings of the psp, and porting is the same as when i download a movie from the net and burn it to a dvd

yes..its something like that

psp dont install games with the iso..

you just need to create a folder in the memory stick and it'll auto-mount the game via CFW

and for better examples of porting stuff from pc to psp..

imagine the video clips that you have in your pc..and you want to play it in your phone..

most people will convert it to 3gp in order to run it in older generation phone (not sure bout newer phones and android..didnt bother to do those kind of work nowadays)

I thought you have to crack the psp so you can play any game to that isn't on a umd unless it has been signed. Since the list on vn's on pspweber is homebrew game's that means that the psp has to be cracked first.

so depending on which motherboard/model of psp 2k i get depends on if its hackable and which firmware i need? ok that seems simple. just making sure i get it all down before i try something nd screw up the psp ya know. sorry for the double post

Sounds like a piece of junk to me. did you get it off ebay? if not return it and get one that is in good condition. Also memory sticks are really cheap nowadays (1Gb mem stick cost me £100 when they first came out)