Looking for suggestions of Vns to order

Was considering getting some Vns of J-list or manga gamer or the like and was looking for some suggestions.

Will list a couple of the ones I was looking at but I'm trying to weigh between quality and if it will completely stand out on my shelf (live with a family so can't really keep obvious nukige on my shelf, atm I have school days Ce mixed in with the rest of my anime stuff xD and that's it for eroge

So the ones I was looking at:

Shuffle

Da Capo

My girlfriend is president

Deus Machina Demonbane

Kana- Little Sister

And that one about the airplane club (although I've seen some pictures of the translation and it looks a abysmal from what I've seen >_>)

Trying to keep budget around 60-70$ max.

Sorry for any terrible grammar, it's 3am X_X

Kana- Little Sister

If its me, I would choose this two. Osadai (My girlfriend is president ) seems to have a good quality, while for Kana, I like the story.

Shuffle and D.C. seems mediocre and Shuffle translation aren't exactly decent so not sure if its worth wasting money on them. Meanwhile, Demonbane PC version is way inferior to its PS2 version because PS2 version had 300 new CGs, 3 new Opening animations, new badass OST and an excellent cast of voice actors. Unfortunately, JAST couldn't localize the English version with the PS2 content, even though I heard they had it all hacked and ready. It's disappointing because it seems PS2 version is waaaaay better. Not sure if it's worth it to waste money on an inferior version.

You can ignore the first guy that responded to you.

From your selection, I would probably suggest what gerard picked.. but everyone will have different tastes, so I will say pick the two that appeal to you. Osadai is pretty much all comedy with a ridiculous plot.. it's pretty much a parody VN, but it's nice from the half that I have read. And Kana Imouto was probably my first "serious" VN, so I have a soft spot for that one. Also note that Kana Imouto probably isn't a good choice if you don't like depressing VNs. Pretty much tells you straight up that it's an utsuge.

Edited by desi
Harle, what makes you interested in her?

[spoiler=Shuffle anime spoiler][ Well I've seen the anime aaaand unlike most (?) I didn't like the protag's choice. I like Kaede more than Asa, so... YES, I do, really. I'm sorry but that's just how it is for me.

... And that's why I'm curious if her route is actually any good or not in the VN. If it isn't, then whatever. ]

Edited by Harlequin
[spoiler=Shuffle anime spoiler]Well I've seen the anime aaaand unlike most (?) I didn't like the protag's choice. I like Kaede more than Asa, so... YES, I do, really. I'm sorry but that's just how it is for me.

... And that's why I'm curious if her route is actually any good or not in the VN. If it isn't, then whatever.

[spoiler=Shuffle anime][ I see. Well, I heard that in the anime she turns into a psycho violent like Higurashi level while in the VN version, Kaede is just a normal devoted deredere osananajimi and that scenes didn't occurs at all. I thought you were interested because of that lol, that's why I asked. Don't want you to went in with a wrong impression about her. But general opinion said that the anime is better, almost everyone I've asked told me to watch it instead of playing the VN.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

[spoiler=Shuffle anime][ I see. Well, I heard that in the anime she turns into a psycho violent like Higurashi level while in the VN version, Kaede is just a normal devoted deredere osananajimi and that scenes didn't occurs at all. I thought you were interested because of that lol, that's why I asked. Don't want you to went in with a wrong impression about her. But general opinion said that the anime is better, almost everyone I've asked told me to watch it instead of playing the VN.

Okay, didn't know about that actually, thanks! Well if the anime is considered better by most anyway then nevermind I guess. : p

Edited by Harlequin

Honestly, while the first reply is somewhat abominable, there is a hint of truth here, while asking for a recommendation is fine you won't really know what suits your tastes until you've sampled the product, since we're talking about VN's here a few CG's and a synopsis don't really cut it for a sample, especially when you take translation quality into accord (like with the aforementioned "if my heart had wings")

I'd personally recommend Demonbane if only for Dr. West, though it is otherwise still an enjoyable read, the scene's/cg's aren't amazing and the music, while fitting, isn't amazing save for a few exceptions. Main reason why you might want to try before you buy is that it's a rather quirky affair which you either enjoy or you don't, with little room for middle ground.

I usually order from RightStuf. JAST/J-List is, well, slow at everything they do. I got sick of them.

Of the titles you listed, I'd recommend Kana and Demonbane. Osadai bored me. I found Shuffle superior to Osadai in the plot department.

With Demonbane, it's pointless to complain about what could've been. As it stands, it's a long high quality title from a developer recognized for excellence.

If you like more plot-focused sci-fi / action games, I actually liked Soul Link quite a bit.

Saya no Uta is fantastic. Recommended to everyone.

Don't buy If My Heart Had Wings. They censored the hell out of it to appeal to 12-year-old French girls. Raise the skull and crossbones for this one.

Edited by sanahtlig

Oh right, Rightstuff has 18+ games, I forgot xD I was mostly looking at mangagamer/J-list.

Also in case any one cares I went with:

Kana Little sister

Da Capo (1)

IMHHW (I know it's censored, but I'll just shelve it till the fix it up patch, wanted at least one thing that doesn't have a giant 18+ logo on it xD and I already own Higurashi on dvd [which was only other AA game I was interested in])

Way over budget, but hey my school days collector's edition was lonely.

Edited by Bikes