Visual Novels Translation Status [08/18/2013]

Oh sorry about that Wolf, Why dont people like Otoboku very much? And what is boring about Otoboku?

Opinions opinions, but here's mine.

There is no driving plot to speak of. It basically follows Mizuho’s life as a “girl” in an all-girls’ Catholic school (which is surprisingly accepting of romantic relationships between two girls, may I add) until his graduation date.

The key to enjoying OtoBoku is to not take it seriously at all (and not have expectations). You’ve got an all-girls’ Catholic school that doesn’t bat an eye at lesbian relationships, a guy who is so feminine that he still has long hair and sounds girly when he isn’t trying to pass off as girl, a hyperactive ghost who hangs around the dorm, a teacher who claims to be a nun yet doesn’t hesitate to do R-18 things to her student…the list goes on.

It doesn’t try to portray anything seriously at all, which makes it all the more jarring when the writers attempt to add some drama into the plot.....which is terribad I must say.

Music was bad to averange at best, nothing remarkable (Well, I didn't expect G-Senjou no Maou level of music but at least something more decent, even The Sagara Family has better music than this).

You would probably enjoy Otoboku the same way that you may enjoy a typical harem anime for cute girls and fanservice. It doesn’t bring anything meaningful or complex to the table.

"It is one of, if not the best visual novel I have ever played, blowing Yandere, Kurukuru Fanatic and even Muv-Luv Alternative out of the goddamned water. It changed my perception of what a visual novel can be and… well it’s really goddamned good."

Wowww, that certainly sounds good, hehe. Well, it's Nitroplus.

10%

Mysterious update from wairu...

Anyway I am really excited that mg is going to translate Really! Really! and Da Capo 3.

I have been given new hope for a translation of essence+.

my thoughts exactly.