Well, I have to say I declare myself unable to work around these...

After following the TLers instructions I'm faced with a couple of errors:

If I leave the ISO mounted I get this:

Screenshot by Lightshot

And If I run the exe WITHOUT the ISO mounted I get this:

Screenshot by Lightshot

Either I'm doing something wrong or the TLers made a sloppy job with the installation instructions.

Anyone who understands Jap or has managed to run the game just fine? Please help, I would be forever grateful.

Edit: Nevermind, I was missing the NoDVD patch, which is NOT included in torrent.

desi uploaded the patch, so here it is if you need it as well: https://mega.co.nz/#!FRg3mKqD!LlMyvz...4JQMJAdOGPoByo

thanks again, desi

Edited by Helvetica Standard
I've got a problem with choosing the font for the game, it's blank and whenever I try to change any font settings the game freezes and doesn't respond.

I've got the same problem with Shinigami no Kiss.

In most games you'll have to use only the font provided by the translator/patch or the letters won't work or won't show properly.

I think I've seen something like this happen in my VM before. Try running as administrator, or copy the font file to the same directory as the game's executable. It might recognize it then.

If more than one application is failing to read your fonts, that could mean something's wrong with your settings or font set. I suppose MS Word and other programs work fine, right?

Also, the application window menus and config dialog appear correctly, but the window title is full of ?s. Which method did you use to change your locale?

Yes I know that, but it won't let me choose the font or any other font for that matter. I've shown in the screenshot that there aren't any fonts to choose from even the custom one.

Edit: I tried running with administrator, just now I tried copying the font to the folder but still doesn't work.

I use pApplocale to play games in Japanese until now it didn't make any problems, I guess since Shinigami no Kiss

Edited by oliavito
are your guy's main menu and settings menu, and character names still in japanese? or did i apply the patch wrong o.o

Most patches update only games script files ( in-game text) - menu options etc. are usually hard-coded into .exe files and most groups don't bother with those.

• 3 weeks later...