Visual Novels Translation Status [12/08/2013]

Software Defender DRM Removed

Nice, although I already had most of these but it's good to see the copy protection being removed from the Digital Download versions of these games. :)

(Seems they are using the unprotected exe files from the physical copies now which works just fine.)

This is second time - they used something called VirtualMate until 2005-ish, but as that DRM provider shut down, they provided DRM-free exes for all their older titles. I wonder what's the reason this time - have they finally come to their senses and realized that the only people who actually buy their games get shafted, as pirates get cracks anyway, or are they simply cutting down costs ( software defender license costs whooping 19.95$/month)

This is second time - they used something called VirtualMate until 2005-ish, but as that DRM provider shut down, they provided DRM-free exes for all their older titles. I wonder what's the reason this time - have they finally come to their senses and realized that the only people who actually buy their games get shafted, as pirates get cracks anyway, or are they simply cutting down costs ( software defender license costs whooping 19.95$/month)

I'm sure they are happy to save money no matter how little.

I don't think that's the reason though, it seem like the games industry are starting to realise DRM do more damage then help and like you said, it doesn't stop pirates anyway.

I don't really think that this is a smart move by JAST. For example, Mangagamer said previously that due to their contracts with the japanese companies, they won't consider a hard-copy release of some titles (I'm pretty sure that Minori is an example of this). Until now, Mangagamer didn't give any signs of allowing someof their hard-copies to use DRM. Quite the contrary, actually.

This being said, if even on digital sales JAST won't use DRM they may have some trouble making contracts with other companies. Well, not that it'll make that much of a difference in the months / years to come considering how much time they take to release a VN.

Edited by amorim
Anyone know if there are any VNs that revolve around heavy/screamo/death metal? I know it's really strange, but was wondering if there was one. I want to see if I can find one for my little brother's birthday.

I never played the visual novel, but I remember from the anime adaptation that there were some death metal in Chaos;Head. It's pg 15+ so it's perfect if your brother is underage.