Visual Novels Translation Status [12/29/2013]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played everything but Thief & Sword, mostly because i dont feel like reading something that will never be finished. MGQ is the best thing he translated and everyone should give it a go, Violated Hero and Desire Dungeon is for those people that want more Monster Girl stuff so it isnt for everyone.

Has it really been less than 3 years? It seems like he was here forever. I remember when he first showed up at Hongfire and then he became a pillar of the whole community. And the ride was fantastic.

Why are so many people interested in MGQ? It seems extremely half-assed, at least from a game development side (Source: I'm a professional game designer for indie teams). I mean, I realize it's SUCCESSFUL, it has at least 3 games in a series and makes well over the average amount of income than an average game, so that says something. What's so appealing about it? I'm just confused :/

I'm open to any opinions, I just want to know why it's popular. I don't judge on tastes.

No but that's my point, I HAVE tried it, actually got almost 100% on the first one, but I don't see what's so great about it... are the later ones better or something? Or does it have an anime/manga? I can't see it having either... just trying to figure out how it got such a rabid fanbase.

Like I said before - I'm a game designer - it's my job to make games fun, and to do that I need to know what people find fun and why.

Guest loppez
No but that's my point, I HAVE tried it, actually got almost 100% on the first one, but I don't see what's so great about it... are the later ones better or something? Or does it have an anime/manga? I can't see it having either... just trying to figure out how it got such a rabid fanbase.

Like I said before - I'm a game designer - it's my job to make games fun, and to do that I need to know what people find fun and why.

2/10

at least you tried. that part of your job ruined it.

MGQ is a game with no plot, it's just an eroge to make virgins jerk off. nothing more. this is how the audience of MGQ looks like.

2/10

at least you tried. that part of your job ruined it.

MGQ is a game with no plot, it's just an eroge to make virgins jerk off. nothing more. this is how the audience of MGQ looks like.

I don't even get boner from masochistic stuff and disgusting types of monster girls (actually anything with tentacles) but I still liked it - the story was actually better than some other VNs I played before.

Why are so many people interested in MGQ? What's so appealing about it? I'm just confused :/

I HAVE tried it, actually got almost 100% on the first one, but I don't see what's so great about it

If you didn't enjoy the first game then don't even think about playing the other ones. The story itself gets better and it's quite good for a nukige but still nothing outstanding. The game is pretty much for people who have a monster girl fetish and if you're not one of them then avoid this trilogy by all means.

just trying to figure out how it got such a rabid fanbase

If you're speaking about the english speaking fanbase then it's quite easy. It's the only good/decent translated visual novel with monster girls. That's all. I'm not sure how the game sells in Japan.

Ahh, right, in that case, it's the whole package altogether. I found the backstory, setting, characters, overall style, and especially the world of the game unique which is why I enjoyed it. I treated a loss as no different than a loss from games like Resident Evil, so avoiding getting raped to death was a nice and tense experience for me.

Things really kick off in 中章 as you get to go through more intense fights and the story improves but if you found nothing interesting in 前章 I doubt you will find anything in 中章.

Many people love MGQ, many people hate it, but the numbers speak for themselves for better or worse.

Majikoi S & A

Benkei: 65%

Koyuki: 20%

That's an old update though, they honestly haven't touched shit since last July, and I would set a world record on a real-life CoD killing spree for them to finish. Wairu Translations does a great job, when they ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING. In theory they were also supposed to finish Kamikaze Explorer like 2 years ago, but big surprise, they stopped doing that too. Originally when Ganon still worked with them they were WAY more on top of things, but Pun-Kun just isn't delivering, and it's making a lot of fans (including me) very upset. In all honestly though, it isn't the lack of updates that anger me though, but rather the priorities they have. They translated all of the routes NO ONE WANTED for Majikoi S first, and then only one of the routes people were mildly interested in (Tsubame), and then left all of the main character's routes untouched. That's like translating every side route and leaving the main game untranslated. What the actual, literal, and unrealistic fuck.

Ahh, right, in that case, it's the whole package altogether. I found the backstory, setting, characters, overall style, and especially the world of the game unique which is why I enjoyed it. I treated a loss as no different than a loss from games like Resident Evil, so avoiding getting raped to death was a nice and tense experience for me.

Things really kick off in 中章 as you get to go through more intense fights and the story improves but if you found nothing interesting in 前章 I doubt you will find anything in 中章.

Many people love MGQ, many people hate it, but the numbers speak for themselves for better or worse.

I agree with you, that it all comes down to tastes. Maybe it's just better to leave things like this unexplained, for the sake of people's interests... let's just kill this topic here. My bad for bringing it up, curiosity killed the Shadolance.