Dragon Age: Inquisition

http://i.imgur.com/jLH1Oaq.jpg[/center]</p><p>

Dragon Age: Inquisition is an upcoming action RPG being developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts.

It is a sequel to Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, making it the third major game in the Dragon Age franchise.

Setting:

Dragon Age: Inquisition will be set in the continent of Thedas, the fantasy world in which the two previous games are set.

The area traversable in Inquisition is much larger than both Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, and is said to cover two countries and the land between.

The countries are: Ferelden and Orlais.

Plot:

Players take on the role of the Inquisitor and lead the forces of the Inquisition. As the leader of the Inquisition, players can make choices and decisions, such as choosing to post forces in an area by capturing forts or keeps. Once captured, new sections of an area can become available allowing greater exploration, new quests and rewards. One group which the Inquisitor and the Inquisition face is the Red Templars, another is Venatori.

So what are your thoughts about what we saw so far and what are your expectations ?

Edited by Pasa

As I am a big fan of Bioware's works I expect a great title, Dragon Age 2 was "meh" but that's because EA forced BW on doing a fast and half assed work, imho.

With DA:I however things seem going to the right way, with a story similar to DA: O and a combat sistem between the first title and the second, my

hype fot this is over 9000.

Too bad that in Europe the game will be released three days after the NA.

I have a mixed feelings about this game. On one hand it looks awesome but on the other after disappointment called DA 2 I'm trying to not get my hopes too high up.

Also, Alistair and Loghain looks completely different than their DA O counterparts...

The only thing on my mind about this title is who copied who first - Witcher 3, or DA Inquisition (After the mess that was DA 2, I suspect the second).

But time will tell, it does look pretty good - I'll have to play it myself to judge.

Edited by Some guy
words are hard

I enjoyed both games of the Dragon Age series* quite a bit and so I'm interested in Inquisition as well BUT as always I'll wait half a year before I buy it, less expensive and more importantly mostly bugfree. Also, fuck DA, Witcher 3 is coming!!! \o/

*Like many mentioned before DA2 wasn't as good as its prequel but I thought it was still a solid game, or at least I had fun playing it

Edit: Watched that trailer Desi linked and maybe it's just me but the special effects look weird

Edited by OneManArmy

Too rich for my blood atm, plus I hear the PC version is suffering some serious issues atm.

EDIT: Dug into my pockets and got it - its ok, story seem lol somehow - but still fun.

But one thing - 3 romancble chicks, and "5" guys - what the hell?

Edited by Some guy

I've been thinking about buying this game and I tend to not care about reviews and what not.

So, here I am asking you guys(I'm expecting a proper response from some of you not all of you) if its worth buying it or not.

And for the love of... =-= don't give me a a yes or no.

Edited by Cru3l
i'M_NOT_REALLY_EXCPETING_A_RESPONSE
So, here I am asking you guys(I'm expecting a proper response from some of you not all of you) if its worth buying it or not.

http://i.imgur.com/q6FmTcp.jpg

^Sorry but that was the most random answer I managed to come up with...

I've been thinking about buying this game and I tend to not care about reviews and what not.

I m not really sure what to tell you. I m a bit disappointed since it was not the game i wanted it to be, it kind of doesn't feel like Dragon Age anymore.

But i did have fun playing it and i wold give it a 7/10, if it wasn't called Dragon Age i wold have given it a 8/10.

i REALLY! liked the First one in the series, the second didnt really fall to my taste so skipped it after looking abit on it at a friends place. Dont quite know about this one yet, might give it a try, always liked most games from Bioware.

Ang3r

I m not really sure what to tell you. I m a bit disappointed since it was not the game i wanted it to be, it kind of doesn't feel like Dragon Age anymore.

But i did have fun playing it and i wold give it a 7/10, if it wasn't called Dragon Age i wold have given it a 8/10.

That's what I heard from most people. Inquisition is a good game but a bad Dragon Age.

That's what I heard from most people. Inquisition is a good game but a bad Dragon Age.

Isn't that what number 2 is being described as? I hear a lot of praise for the third one personally. I bought my copy but waiting to play it.. guess we'll see.

Isn't that what number 2 is being described as? I hear a lot of praise for the third one personally. I bought my copy but waiting to play it.. guess we'll see.

I suspect it's seduction of the graphics, rather then anything else. So far it's "okay" but nothing that has blown me away yet. (but I'm still only afew hours in - all the damn TL releases are distracting me lol)

I have 37 hours in the game as of right now, the game at the start can be a little slow as it has a mmo feel to it, the starting zone is huge and if you have a completionist mindset the game can feel diluted with a lot of backtracking, don't mind the whole rescue my cow from that tree quests, fetch me 5 bear asses because that will ruin the game for you, go for the big scope, only do little quests if you need the level/power etc.

The story is good in my oppinion... so far, the main villain is weak and bland( maybe it picks up after more time).

The world is awesome, it's one of the best detailed and diverse environments i have seen in a game, the amount of things to explore is mindblowing.

The combat for melee clases can feel a strange, and needs some getting used to, mages and arches feel fine and i do recomend playing one.

The graphics are good, the conversations are at 30fps capped(bioware had some problems with syncing it) the rest of game plays fine 60 fps with some drops in some areas, oh and gl getting this game on all settings on ultra to stay above 60 fps on a single gpu.

The music is fine, big fights feel epic because of it.

All of this is a "normal game perspective" if you want a "dragon age game" one, well then i don't know what i can say.Everybody what's something diferent from this game, and it is a diferent take on the dragon age formula(good bits from 1, bad bits from 2) so in the end if you like dragon age games you need to play this i think, the lore and the returning caracters will not make you regret the choice.

3.5/10 IGN "would fuck GOTY"

/Off topic

I don´t know, even through I own the first two installments (boxed edition), after the disastrous Mass Effect 3 and Dragon age 2, I don´t want to give more money to EA.

And even worst is this new Denuvo DRM, my policy is to never support new DRM schemes.

I have more than one hundred games on steam, but steam DRM is the least evil (in my opinion), of course nothing beats GOG.

I've to disagree with you there because Steam's DRM is a huge pain in the ass. If you buy a spanking new game in a store then you're not allowed to play it unless you install Steam. So basically they force you to use Steam. I know they write on the back of a game if you need Steam for installation or not but it's still supreme horseshit. Developer may say Steam is the safest way to protect their games but let's be honest here, I don't know a single "Steam protected" game that wasn't cracked. Oh well, I could live with that alone but here comes the main problem. Very often games need to download GBs of files for staying up to date, which's fine, BUT most of the time you aren't even allowed to play them until they are patched (FU Rome II). Doesn't matter if you want to use the old version or not. And if you live at a place where you can't get a decent internet connection, well, then you're fucked because some games need to download 1-2GB via Steam before you can even start them for the first time. But hey OneManArmy, just use the offline mod! Listen, I would love to, but it tends to not work. And I don't want to be in the online mod if possible because Steam can spy on other people but not me.

Don't get me wrong. I'm fine with that DRM if you buy stuff over Steam, and they do have really good sales, but I simply hate it that you're forced to use Steam even when you don't need it because all the game date is on a disc. For me it's just an excuse to force people into Steam.

But yeah, gog.com ftw. I'm pretty sure I bought there around 50+ games for like 80€ during the last year. No fucking DRM, stable versions and most of the times a lot of extra content like OSTs. Oh and currently they're selling like all of their games for 20-50% of their original price might want to grab some good old games (I believe it ends 25.11)

Edit: Worst copy protection I've seen so far is probably the one of Spore. You're only allowed to install three times on your PC and after that you had to contact the support so that they give you a code for another (single) installation. I had to do that back then but the support never answered me. At the end I did what everybody else did and just used a cracked version of the game. That's why Spore ended up being the most pirated game ever. And I can clearly remember how every second review on Amazon was like : "Piss of stupid DRM!!!" "Good game but new DRM makes me a sad panda". Yeah, EA didn't use that kind of DRM afterwards anymore. As for the new Denuvo DRM, let's wait another 6 months or so and it'll be cracked as well.

Edited by OneManArmy
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished it up, can't decide if it's worth a second playthrough - the one major "choice" seems fairly cosmetic, with no noticable impact for the remainder of the story (mages instead of templers - at most, I imagine references change, but that's about it).

Also, if I had one thing to say against this game - the story is very sparse and episodic, intentionally dragging it out to ensure they can make more games. 130 hours on my final savefile, I would say about 10 - 15 involves content revolving around the story, the rest is jsut filler.

Still a fun game that'll suck up your time, but abit underwhelming if you were looking for any plot substance or character growth.

Edited by Some guy
130 hours on my final savefile, I would say about 10 - 15 involves content revolving around the story, the rest is jast filler.

Sounds like Inquisition is a game for people who like to explore every single corner of the game instead of just following the main story.

Sounds like Inquisition is a game for people who like to explore every single corner of the game instead of just following the main story.

Pretty much. Or by another term - A single player MMO. If you ever played The Old Republic, it feels very similar - snippets of "plot" in between hours of fetch quests.

• 1 month later...

Ended up finishing this today. Was waiting forever for a patch to fix Dorian's quest, and it finally came a few days back

Pros:

• Huge areas.. lots of exploring.. very diverse maps

• Great graphics.. while Frostbite might be a hindrance to those in the modding scene, it's a real pretty game.

• Strong main campaign quests until the end

• The tarot art was really amazing.

• Plenty of references for those that used Dragon Age Keep. I honestly wasn't expecting so many from the previous 2 games.

Cons:

• Sometimes it was quantity over quality regarding side quests. You don't have to do them all, but too many fetch quests. Too grindy for multiple playthroughs

• Ending was rushed.. game seemed like it peaked a bit too early. Not ME3 levels of "we need mods to fix this now!" type of ending, but still rushed.

• Minor nitpick, but I prefer having cutscene-like animations when speaking with companions.. it only happens in the "important" scenes. I understand not having it for side quests since it would be more expensive to animate all that, but for companions I thought they should have did cutscene dialogue.. it feels more alive.

I would definitely put it above Dragon Age 2, but not above Origins. It seemed like at times that Bioware was trying to address the criticism of Dragon Age 2 but they kind of went overboard at parts. My playthrough clocked at about 80 hours and I still had 2 large areas that I didn't explore. I'll probably kill the dragons and call it a playthrough until DLC inevitably shows up. Definitely worth a playthrough though. 8.5/10 is what I would give it.