Always getting redirected from Downloadani.me

I have tried to download some older games the past few days, everytime I click on free I keep getting redirected to this malware website I assume that tries to tell me about microsft security threats and telling me to call this #. I have to end task in task manager to get out. Is this normal? This happens everytime.

Yes there's some site that pops-up everytime you press free, but i haven't run into any problem by just closing it and pressing free again.

Just tried it with some really old vn (i didn't know there was a vocaloid vn btw), downloaded perfectly fine.

If you're still having issues you could you show us a screenshot of that security warning.

Thanks for reply. Now it works fine like you said, I click on free and a random site pops up and I click exit and do free again. Deleted cookies and cache not sure if that helped. Before what was happening was that I kept getting an "Audio Pop Up" like Dear Comcast User we have found security threats on your computer and call this # blah blah blah, it was being read in a woman's voice. It was locking up the screen too so I could not click exit, forcing me to end task. I'll post a screenshot here if it happens to me again if you still need it. When I do get that Audio Pop Up it seems to happen to me over and over again.

Also if it helps, it was happening to me on erogedownload.com not the English Games List on this forum. Not sure if this is the forum for erogedownload, but it was on the links.

http://i.imgur.com/LnG5Lo1.jpg

That is the screenshot of the Audio Pop Up. It locks up the browser so you can't click anything but the OK button. Doing that though just brings up another pop up still locking the screen. I don't really want to keep hitting OK for fear it might be malware or a virus. I just keep ending the task and trying again.

Edit: Nvm this seems to be a normal thing. Majority of these pop ups seem to be malware. Is this safe to download?

Edited by melonhead

That is not malware of any kind (at least is not informing you of any real malware), the page is a scam so don't worry about it.

I don't know if pressing the button i just marked will close it w/o popping another window, hopefuly it will, if it does opens another window feel free to close it, don't pay mind to the BS it says.

LnG5Lo1.jpg

Btw what browser are you using?, there's a extension on Chrome to block adds which is really useful preventing stuff like this, also i just found (and installed) one that blocks dialogue boxes like the one you're seeing, you could to give it a try.

Edited by Maoh

Ah, I talked about this thing before... I just deleted the post on here. I thought you knew about that kind of thing.

Just use task bar(edit:manager not bar) if you are using chrome(chrome uses tabs for all the pages you have up in your browser) and end task for that one page that is locking your browser. Maoh, that extension does not work most of the time... well, sometimes is better than none.

Yeah, these things are a scam.... they can range from "FBI Notices all the way to Virus claims".

Edited by Cru3l

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I guess I was being paranoid because something similar like that happened to me a long time ago and it messed up my computer so I've always tried to be more careful since then.

The thing about ending chrome tab processes, I did not know you could do that. I will definitely be using that from now on. Idk why I didn't know that before :p

• 1 month later...

A little late, but I've just been using "TAB" to get to "Free/Free Download/Enter Captcha" then using "Enter" to just by pass having to click anything.

Also, it opens a new tab regardless of where you click on the page.

-------------------------

Edit:

https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-general-talk/3976-annoying-pop-ups/#post74408

Worked for the Free download section (Using Chrome) ; Trying to figure/find out how to stop the captcha section.

Ended up making the rule in the post linked above, then going to "3rd party filters" and putting a check in every "Malware domains" subcategory, then clicked "Update now".

Edited by nekokao
  • 9 months later...
I have tried to download some older games the past few days, everytime I click on free I keep getting redirected to this malware website I assume that tries to tell me about microsft security threats and telling me to call this #. I have to end task in task manager to get out. Is this normal? This happens everytime.

If you're using Firefox get an addon like BlockSite and add " www4.downloadani.me* " to the block.

That should stop the redirects and popups.