Slow Voices - Free Friends/DB2 vs Deardrops

I am having a problem where the voices play in a way too-slow speed making them sound deep and creepy. I had the same problem with DB2 vs Deardrops and have no clue what the problem is.

Have tried re-downloading to no effect. Other than these two, I have never run across this problem in VN.

My system specs:

Intel i7-3770 3.4ghz

12gb ram

Win 7 home 64

Nvidia GeForce GT 640 (1gb)

I have learned that both games were made with the Unity engine and take more system resources, but my specs should be able to run it several times over. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Btw, can you run Purin to Ohuro? (go ahead, beat your imouto for science's sake)

Purin to Ohuro ran fine. Voices played normally, imouto was abused...er, normally XD...

I know my video drivers are up to date, I will look into sound drivers and the like and see if the sky whale will bless me. Thanks for the idea, I hadn't considered that.

Thank you for that, OneManArmy. I gave the patch a try, but when I started it up there was no change. Maybe something is screwy with my codecs, all the sound in those 2 games plays very slowly, not just the voices. The music sounds like a dirge and the voices like something out of a bad horror game. I will try reinstalling that stuff and see if there is any differences.

I appreciate you guys taking the time to look into it, thanks much.

Maybe it's a long shot, but some other process might be interfering with the game? I recall one guy in erogedownload comments had a problem when the game crashed constantly while firefox was running. Once he closed the browser, the game ran fine. Another possible culprit might be your antivirus - modern ones often have a kind of "sandbox" mode that isolates processes while they run, and the added overhead might cause slowness?

Starting PC in "safe mode" ( Start your computer in safe mode - Windows Help ) might be worth a shot as well.

Edit: Oh, one more thing. Have you tried running the game in fullscreen mode?

Speaking of erogedownload, ages ago some dude had problems with audio (can't remember the game though) and all he had to do was to launch the game via applocale. No idea why it suddenly worked because his system locale was Japanese all the time but it did so you might try it as well.

Edited by OneManArmy