Weiß Schwarz(Weiss Schwarz) - Anime TCG

Greetings! I am currently playing one of a handful of Bushiroad card games, titled Weiss Schwarz. The card game focuses on various anime and games. The game is only in Japanese, but there has been a single prebuilt deck or Trial Deck in English, which is from Disgaea. Experience a Yugioh/Magic like card game, that is considered more "balanced" in terms of game play/fairness. Not to mention you can also enjoy decks based off your favorite characters from a series!

A list of anime/games in the tcg:

Da Capo, Da Capo II - plus communication

Clannad

Little Busters!

The Familiar of Zero

Nanoha StrikerS

Lucky Star

Little Busters! Ecstasy

Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Da Capo, Da Capo II Plus Communication

Index & Railgun

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's

Angel Beats! & Kud Wafter

Persona 3

Disgaea

Fate/stay night

Shining Force EXA

The King of Fighters

Sengoku Basara

THE iDOLM@STER

Persona 4

Fairy Tail

Melty Blood

Black Rock Shooter

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes

Rebuild of Evangelion

Disgaea 4

Index & Railgun II

THE iDOLM@STER 2

Katanagatari

Shakugan no Shana

Macross Frontier

Rewrite

Guilty Crown

Dog Days

Nichijou

Persona 4 (anime booster)

Fate/Zero

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Fairy Tail (extra booster)

Let me explain how typically these cards are provided to us.

Trial Decks: Consist of a 50 cards "ready to play" deck, mat, rule set. Some trial decks have a 1:6 chance of getting a "Signed Print" card which is typically a card signed by the voice actress from a favorite herione! There are also a few(about 2-3 cards) that you can only get in the TD such as, the signed card which is specific to the deck.

Full Boost Boxes/Packs: Come with 20 packs per box, 8 cards per pack. Usually you get 1 holo, or RRR(triple rare) or SR(secret rare) per box. Odds of pulling a signed card are significantly lower, because a carton of boosters is 16 boxes and typically you will get anywhere from 2-4 signed print in one set. Full cards set of these are over 100+ cards

Extra Packs: Comes with 6 packs per booster box, 6 cards per pack and usually a 27-36 card set. Packs come with 4 non-foil cards and 2 foil cards per pack, so total you would get 12 foils per box, rarity of the foils is from common-rare, it's random. All cards in this pack have a foil version. Some extra packs also come with signed prints as well, although the chances of getting on are less, because there are more boosters in this type of carton. EP's cost half the price of regular boxes, there are pros/cons to this format.

Sorry for the lack of updates and responses, apparently I haven't been receiving updates via my email. (Who knows, I'll check more frequently though)

A few months ago it was announced that there will be two new ENGLISH Trial Decks, that is a 50 card prebuilt deck; those two decks will be Fate/Zero, and Puella Madoka Magica, both of which are extremely popular sets.

Edited by GuiltyCrown
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish they'd release all of the cards in English, I love trading card games, the only one I'm still collecting is Pokemon tho... none of my friends is interested in such things, hopefully my son will be willing to play with me as soon as he can read. :>

Anyways, I'd definitely be interested in Weiß Schwarz, should they ever decide to release it in English. *_*

• 1 month later...
I wish they'd release all of the cards in English, I love trading card games, the only one I'm still collecting is Pokemon tho... none of my friends is interested in such things, hopefully my son will be willing to play with me as soon as he can read. :>

Anyways, I'd definitely be interested in Weiß Schwarz, should they ever decide to release it in English. *_*

OMG dude i just found this out 2 days before I saw this and wow ive been looking for someone who knows this game

I really reccomend this game to us VN players because it has quite a bit of characters from the VN universe and I find the gameplay intresting

also Miruki if you want to understand the cards in english and find when decks/packs come out goto Heart of the Cards - Wei

its by far the most helpful site for this game and it even tells you a place to buy them I hope you get more interested about this game!

The name is silly and I'm not even sure how to translate it (though admittedly I'm incredibly bad at German). White & Black? Is there a significance to that, or is it gibberish (but foreign)?

Anyway, the concept is... interesting, I guess, but I'm not really one for collectibles of any sort. Never had much to do with trading cards aside from a brief thing with Yugioh like ten years ago.

The name is silly and I'm not even sure how to translate it (though admittedly I'm incredibly bad at German). White & Black? Is there a significance to that, or is it gibberish (but foreign)?

Anyway, the concept is... interesting, I guess, but I'm not really one for collectibles of any sort. Never had much to do with trading cards aside from a brief thing with Yugioh like ten years ago.

The name isnt as silly as you think. There are two type of cards White and Black. The White card's are based of either light hearted anime or Visual Novel's. Black cards are based off more actiony shonen anime's. Sadly it is a bit unbalanced with Black cards having better effects. But since the last couple of months they have been making it more even.

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP. As I've stated above in my update there will be two new english decks, Fate/Zero, and Madoka, coming out this summer - around late July. Also sorry I was slow with responses, if anyone wants to learn the rules, or learn how to play I will be willing to teach them via various methods of instant messaging, or skype(preferred.) It's extremely easy to learn how to play, not to mention on the main site for North America, they have "card sleeve inserts" which are easily placed paper cut outs with near 100% translations, to make it for a more fun and easily playable environment! Please help me out in the spreading of this TCG. It is extremely promising and there is a high chance that more sets will be released in english, because of the recently released Vanguard TCG that is continuously being updated with english cards/sets since the beginning of this year.

Once again, please send me a PM, or reply to thread with any contact means if you wish to learn to play!!! Thanks :D

Sounds fun and is defiantly awesome having multiple anime and VNs. I do like playing card games but my two problems are A) I'll probably won't find another person who has them anywhere nearby me. B) I wouldn't put the money into it for mostly reason A.

Edit:

Shining Force EXA

Oh that is kickass I remember playing that. That is a real fun RPG game. Seeing that makes me wanna play it again.

Edited by superBlast
Sounds fun and is defiantly awesome having multiple anime and VNs. I do like playing card games but my two problems are A) I'll probably won't find another person who has them anywhere nearby me. B) I wouldn't put the money into it for mostly reason A.

Edit:

Oh that is kickass I remember playing that. That is a real fun RPG game. Seeing that makes me wanna play it again.

A single prebuilt deck goes for around 17-22 USD. Not to mention the new Shining Force anime came out, meaning there's a good chance a set will be made for it(collectors, etc.)