Unique Anime Or VN's. And Good Concepts You Have Only Seen Once

I was think about original ideas that I have only seen once from Plot to just Ideas for powers that I have seen in anime or eroges.

Plot:Satou Tatsuhiro, a 22 year old young man, is a NEET (Not in Employment, Education, or Training) and a hikikomori (meaning acute social withdrawal). He believes everything around him is a conspiracy, including the reason why many people, himself included, become hikikomori. Due to this, Satou creates a strange conspiracy theory which includes the Nihon Hikikomori Kyōkai (NHK), a secret organization with the intention of producing a hikikomori filled world. Satou intends to break free from the NHK's clutches, but cannot, since he finds it too frightening to go outdoors by himself; that is, until he meets Misaki Nakahara, who selects Satou for her "project" that she claims will cure him of his hikikomori ways.

Tatsuhiro Satou, a 22 year old young man, is a NEET (Not in Employment, Education, or Training) and a shut-in. He believes the world is out to get him, which it why many people, himself included, become shut-ins. And so, Satou creates a strange conspiracy theory which includes the Nihon Hikikomori Kyōkai (NHK), a secret organization with the intention of producing a world filled with said shut-ins. Sato wants to break free from the NHK's clutches, but cannot, since he is too terrified to leave his apartment by himself; that is, until he meets Misaki Nakahara, who selects Sato for her "project" that she claims will cure him of his anti-social ways.

Idea or Concept: The Death Note - from death note.The book that could kill anyone with just their name.

I would like to hear from you guys If you have other stuff that is Unique.

-___- Welcome to NHK was pretty similar to Chaso;Head. Not, much of a gap between the two releases...NOT Sure.

Death Note was original and Epic. I can't of any other that was similar.

I found Steins;Gate enjoyably unique...art-wise and story as well.

Edited by Slasherturtle

Welcome to NHK was pretty similar Chaso;Head. I can see that but the plot was way different.

Welcome to NHK was about a crazy guy trying to get sane. Chaso;Head was about a government plot if I remember right.

And Chaso;Head is the predecessor to Steins;Gate is in not.I haven't view it yet cause I though It was like Chaso;Head.

Edited by Breakthrough

This is an extremely difficult question the more I think about it, the less sure I am that I have any sort of answer. There are ideas and aspects of games and anime that I love, but finding something truly 'original' and unique is much harder than one might think at first glance.

I suppose something along the lines of Akikan might fit the bill in the absurdity department. The idea of drinking containers turning into girls is pretty original and out there...

This is an extremely difficult question the more I think about it, the less sure I am that I have any sort of answer. There are ideas and aspects of games and anime that I love, but finding something truly 'original' and unique is much harder than one might think at first glance.

I suppose something along the lines of Akikan might fit the bill in the absurdity department. The idea of drinking containers turning into girls is pretty original and out there...

Yea I can agree with Akikan I haven't seen anything like it before or after I watched.

Welcome to NHK was pretty similar Chaso;Head. I can see that but the plot was way different.

Welcome to NHK was about a crazy guy trying to get sane. Chaso;Head was about a government plot if I remember right.

And Chaso;Head is the predecessor to Steins;Gate is in not.I haven't view it yet cause I though It was like Chaso;Head.

Well, I saw the whole government plot thing...but, that was like what? The last few episodes. Didn't really matter much for me that the government was trying to create a delusion filled world (just a story development IMO). It was mostly centered around Takumi getting out of his shell of paranoia and delusion and as the story progresses we can see the girls helping him break through of that shell which was mostly Rimi though. (That was true plot for me) It was a kin to Welcome to the NHK in the sense of paranoia, mental problems, trust issues and the delusions related to the story. The fact that...Misaki helps him get back on his feet and out of his shell kind of relates to Chaos;Head.

It's true that Steins; Gate is the.... successor? That doesn't sound right(both stories have no relation at all in the stories except for place and that it came out after Chaos;Head , Whatever...not important).

The story isn't really original...I've read many books...(can't remember the titles, they weren't really good) that have the same idea..TIME TRAVEL. But, what drew me in was the unique story telling and art (in the VN). Thats one of the reasons I would say that Steins;Gate was unique...and no. It is not the same as Chaos;Head.

^ Agree, that story about cans was pretty out there.....I want to say it but, Manyou Hikenchou was pretty original....and unique in the sense it wasn't a H. The Bakemonogatari series...UNIQUE IN EVERY WORD OF GOOD STORY TELLING....confusing for most people but the story is in a word UNIQUE.

ATM theres no anime/vn that really pops into mind but there are some unique stuff that i can think of in animes for example:

One Piece: Devil Fruits...com'on now, gotta admit, thats pretty freakin weird, and it makes people cant swim? its a sea based setting. UNIQUE

Bakuman: Manga/anime about getting a manga/anime?oh the irony: UNIQUE

(KEY:made clannad/angelbeats): Uniqueness=the ability to draw out a person's tears, its probably a company standard 4 every employee to come up with a sad anime :p : NOT SO UNIQUE BUT I LIKE IT.

Amagami: I hate this anime but w/e the 2-4 episode per heroine thing was pretty...UNIQUE

Pokemon: Really? do i have to say anything more? WHAT OTHER ANIME HAS...POKEMON IN IT. lol.

Ben-To: Really now? a whole anime based on fighting for half priced food, thats pretty out there.

Air Gear: been anime since i last saw this, (you no what? ima go watch it right now) A-Ts are creative yet, realistically possible, once we learn how to make flying pigs.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: You have to do well in school to be able to fight well...WHY WOULD I WANT TO WATCH A ANIME ON DOING WELL IN SCHOOL!? Good thing the main characters an idiot like the rest of us and still get 2 hot chicks running after him :)

Eden of the East: do you no what i would do if i had a phone that could get me anything i wanted? (perverted smile)

The World Only God Knows: One of the best animes :) Com'on now, it nicely and clearly represents what everyone here on this forum does. xD

MM!: Oh...satisfying for all of us pervs. a M getting beat by a S as the mainstory...UNIQUE!

I'm 2 lazy 2 continue but i think every anime has that one point of uniqueness, why else is it an anime? Except for some animes like...half of the new animes 2day...stupid stuff O_O

I know u did not just call me a perv! oh wait, *looks @ collection of **** * right....nvm.

Btw another one:

Nastume Yuujinchou: The speeches that natsume gives @ almost all the ends of the episode is pretty touching :) not many animes, if any, make my day just by watching one episode of it, besides this one.

• 1 month later...

I'd say Midori no Hibi and Tegami Bachi are pretty unique.

In Midori no Hibi the main protagonist wakes up one day, just to find that his right hand is not a hand anymore, but a girl.

And in Tegami Bachi, it is about delivering letters in some kind of fantasy world where big, giant insects lurk around to eat your soul.