I play a lot of games, not just visual novels, but for some reason, visual novels are the only one with audio stutters. It will be either the voice or the music. Right now I am playing DRAMAtical Murder, but it happened with Dandelion and Nekopara as well. It will be random times, but the audio will sound like a broken record and will finish the line afterwards. I am wondering if anyone else has these issues and how I should go about fixing it. I have an HP Pavilion 17t and Windows 10 64-bit. I play all my games in Japanese locale (not with an emulator). Thanks to anyone who can help me with this!

Codec seemed to make it worse. Visual novels were lagging pretty bad, so uninstalled. Then I went and made sure every single one of my audio drivers were updated. I think it's working better now. Only my Nvidia audio driver was up to date. Realtek was not. Haven't played as long today as I normally would, so who knows if it's just a fluke or not.