beta testing kuru kuru fanatic translation patch... and flow chart creation

test log:

1) downloaded the game from nyaa

2) downloaded raw translation files(contains 100% translation and partial editing)

3) installed game(mount iso, run setup)

3) extracted the raw translation files inside a folder

4) opened [backup 3 (Other Translated Files)] folder

5) opened game folder

6) verify if game folder contains the content of [backup 3 (Other Translated Files)] folder

7) renamed 4 files from game folder

-"data.xp3" to "data(old).xp3"

-"image.xp3" to "image(old).xp3"

-"mainwindow.tjs" to "mainwindow(old).tjs"

-"sysgrp.xp3" to "sysgrp(old).xp3"

8) copied all 4 files from [backup 3 (Other Translated Files)] folder to game folder

9) renamed the 4 copied files

-"data(this one goes fast).xp3" to "data.xp3"

-"image(translated caution).xp3" to "image.xp3"

-"mainwindow(wordwrapping).tjs" to "mainwindow.tjs"

-"sysgrp(translated ui).xp3" to "sysgrp.xp3"

10) test drive game

11) create walkthrough while playing

12) title menus, in game menus, character dialogues full english

13) message logs was full english but (all characters where duplicate ex: hello >> hheelloo)

14) at some point it showed error message :https://goo.gl/0MkKIH (game doesnt crash. just can't proceed further

--continuation--

15) downloading patch that's from fuwanovel

16) finished downloading (note: im still using the one from darkeye, the one not edited by fuwa pipz)

17) for the mean time switching scenario.xp3 seems to do the job of passing the error.

18) resuming game testing

--continuation--

19) 1 heroine done.. (when viewing cg list and h-scene list, old scenario needed to be swapped to avoid error:wrpMode_config.tjs) ss: https://goo.gl/7HQaPW

20) continuing with 2nd heroine

21) encountered error during this choices portion:

on quiz segment: He’ll die, He will pass on, He’ll continue on in the next life

22) swapped new scenario.xp3 to original untranslated scenario.xp3

22) error persist even on old/original scenario.xp3

23) reloaded game

24) load saves now cannot be accessed with both translated and original scenario.xp3, it shows this error when i click load:https://goo.gl/BOupLa

25) when continue is clicked it shows this error: https://goo.gl/TR4Jeq

--continuation--

26) fresh install, with no save files on save direction. can not access load on title screen(will crash game, with error same with 24) and with a blue screen) only way to access load is from newgame > load menu.

Edited by charlbeef
@step 14

The file 020700.scn is missing from scenario.xp3.

DarkEye left 6 scripts untranslated and that was one of them. It's easy to miss if you only look at the scripts in the completed and backup folders.

hi, sorry in advance if i misunderstand anything...

oh soo there are still 6 untranslated scripts? does this mean that the game is not fully translated?

i thought it was 100% translated and partially edited.

I just used the untranslated scenario.xp3 file to move past the error then switched back to the translated one and the game loaded fine and I could continue on.

So its likely that a few of the scripts don't have anything that actually needs translating.

no dialogues where missed?

Just double checked and nothing was missed. I would hazard a guess and say that one of the missing scripts handle that scene transition.

Maybe try adding the missing files into the current rough patch here and see how it goes?

for now i'll try and finish the game with scenario.xp3 swapping.. and create and publish a walkthrough if there's still none by time time i finish

hi, sorry in advance if i misunderstand anything...

oh soo there are still 6 untranslated scripts? does this mean that the game is not fully translated?

i thought it was 100% translated and partially edited.

I was wrong, it's actually 3 files that remain untranslated. They are 140605, 140606, 320200b. I can probably ask one of my friends to translate them since they are only a few hundred lines long each.

There's also something funky with one of the other scripts. There are weird characters in it. I'll mess around with that tomorrow and see if I can fix it.

I was wrong, it's actually 3 files that remain untranslated. They are 140605, 140606, 320200b. I can probably ask one of my friends to translate them since they are only a few hundred lines long each.

There's also something funky with one of the other scripts. There are weird characters in it. I'll mess around with that tomorrow and see if I can fix it.

ooooh, btw while i was playing the game... there was a portion where the choices where untranslated, maybe that choices where included on the remaining 3.. or is it? anyhow it was kinda easy to guess the choices to enable me to proceed, but the exact wordings is unknown to me.

give my thanks to you and your friends... oh by the way, was there anyone making a walkthrough for the game over there?

ooooh, btw while i was playing the game... there was a portion where the choices where untranslated, maybe that choices where included on the remaining 3.. or is it? anyhow it was kinda easy to guess the choices to enable me to proceed, but the exact wordings is unknown to me.

give my thanks to you and your friends... oh by the way, was there anyone making a walkthrough for the game over there?

No idea to be honest. Can you give me an estimate of how long you played before you ran into those untranslated choices?

No, sorry. I'm focusing on editing at the moment. I'd rather prioritize that than a walkthrough.

No idea to be honest. Can you give me an estimate of how long you played before you ran into those untranslated choices?

No, sorry. I'm focusing on editing at the moment. I'd rather prioritize that than a walkthrough.

i'm about 7-8hrs deep in the game.. im probably going for the red hair girls route

i can send you the exact way on how to encounter the untranslated choices if you don't mind the spoilers.

Edited by charlbeef

I've run into two error situations. One which happens shortly after Fanuel's quizzes which can be dealt with by swapping the scenario files and the other which happens when the MC is lying in bed with Wazuka and Matsuri(no sex) and which cannot be handled by swapping scenarios. It happened to me when I was picking choices that do not favor any girl until one where I had to choose between Matsuri's cooking and Wazuka's and chose the former. The sleep scene where the cgame stopping error happens is not long after that.

Btw I've also finished Wazuka's(red haired chick) route and aside from that error (that can be bypassed via sceneario swap) I've not run into any other errors there. At one point there where two choices which were both in Japanese. Whether to tell Wazuka that I got a message from Kagomo or not(from what I can tell).

EDIT: I was able to bypass that error too but I had to advance till the end of Kagomo's nudity scene using the jap scenario file. So maybe that part of the game is left untranslated or got something messed up...

Edited by Dan
I've run into two error situations. One which happens shortly after Fanuel's quizzes which can be dealt with by swapping the scenario files and the other which happens when the MC is lying in bed with Wazuka and Matsuri(no sex) and which cannot be handled by swapping scenarios. It happened to me when I was picking choices that do not favor any girl until one where I had to choose between Matsuri's cooking and Wazuka's and chose the former. The sleep scene where the cgame stopping error happens is not long after that.

Btw I've also finished Wazuka's(red haired chick) route and aside from that error (that can be bypassed via sceneario swap) I've not run into any other errors there. At one point there where two choices which were both in Japanese. Whether to tell Wazuka that I got a message from Kagomo or not(from what I can tell).

EDIT: I was able to bypass that error too but I had to advance till the end of Kagomo's nudity scene using the jap scenario file. So maybe that part of the game is left untranslated or got something messed up...

hehe, thx for sharing... i've encountered those myself too... and oooh can you use spoiler tag pls? :D

i'm about 7-8hrs deep in the game.. im probably going for the red hair girls route

i can send you the exact way on how to encounter the untranslated choices if you don't mind the spoilers.

Can you? Please and thank you.

I managed to get through all the routes except the final route before getting to a point I can't get past by Scenario switching.

The trouble point happens shortly after Fanuals brain turns to mush.

scenario.xp3 swapping only worked for me until half way on mayuri's route..

did you use the files from fuwa?

I managed to get through all the routes except the final route before getting to a point I can't get past by Scenario switching.

The trouble point happens shortly after Fanuals brain turns to mush.

How do you get the blonde loli girl route? Even if I try to be mean to all the other girls and pick all the nice choice for the blonde I end up with the glasses girl.

scenario.xp3 swapping only worked for me until half way on mayuri's route..

did you use the files from fuwa?

I managed to finish two routes(the red haired chick and the glasses girl) by just swapping the original scenario and the patched one.

Btw by the files on fuwa you mean the 300 mega sized patch that translates the menus or something else?

The choices I did to get her route I believe are: (from memory)

Tell the truth,

Apolagise,

(I dont think I ever really did anything different for those two choices)

Just watch

allow the kiss to continue

2nd choice in the quiz

2nd choice in the h scene, which I think is let her continue or something

Bottom choice in the quiz...

Then its pretty much obvious.

EDIT: Also to be clear, I am only using the translated scenario file, not any other menu translations or anything.

Edited by SableCrow
Just to go in depth about what I got up to, error pops up in Fanuals route as soon as it hits 440201.scn.

The choices I did to get her route I believe are: (from memory)

Tell the truth,

Apolagise,

(I dont think I ever really did anything different for those two choices)

Just watch

allow the kiss to continue

2nd choice in the quiz

2nd choice in the h scene, which I think is let her continue or something

Bottom choice in the quiz...

Then its pretty much obvious.

EDIT: Also to be clear, I am only using the translated scenario file, not any other menu translations or anything.

ohh nice... by the way did that get past to when,

Fanuals brain melt?