what skills do i need to create a game like parasyte in city

i loved that game, i loved so much that the first i did was search all the internet for a sequel only to find pixel factory was working on one but then dissapeared of the map.

so i looked for other platformer run or rape games as great as parasite in city. While i found a few i likes such as xenotake and dark star, i didnt find one i enjoyed as much as parasite in city. this has motivated me to pursue creating a great eroge like that. This journey could be a long one since i am not even a programmer, i am a civil engineer. the closest i have done to programming has been programming excel sheets.

so what should i study, what should i read and what programs should i learn?

Thanks in advance :)

Hmmm ... that's a nice dream right there, I can stand behind it certainly ... Though, pardon my curiousity but may I know why did you ask that question on this forum? xD Don't take me the wrong way, I am not trying to be mean, it's just that we don't have developers here that are actively developing eroge games and I don't think you will find the right people here. I decided to reply to you because I thought you might get ignored because nobody here that I know has any idea on how to develop those ero games with gameplay. I am not sure, but maybe guys on ulmf or hongfire could help you more with it, did you try asking there?

• 4 weeks later...

I think the most important skill is teamwork! If its a solo project however, and this is my completely unprofessional advice, you would need to learn how to create art and graphics as well as to program. I'm sure there are some indie developers who could help you more specifically.

Good luck!

As someone who has created a few small games for learning I can tell you what you need to know. Let's assume you have all the resources you need like images, sound and music, also you already know what game you want and it's story, gameplay and so on.

Then comes the actual creation of the game and for that you need:

1. Game Engine:

A game engine is the framework on which the game runs, it handles input, rendering and so on. You could create your own, but that would be too much and it's not necessary. The best option is select one of the many available options.

Popular game engines are:

• Unreal Engine (Powerful 3D engine)
  • Unity (3D engine, popular for beginners)
  • Game Maker (multiplatform, mostly 2D but can do 3D)
  • Adventure Game Studio (2D)
  • RPG Maker (2D RPG game engine)
  • Renpy (Visual Novel)

Select one of these, I recommend either Unreal Engine or Unity both are great but Unity needs you to know the languages C# or JavaScript, Unreal Engine uses C++ but you can also use something called Blueprints that even non programmers can use.

Unreal Engine, Unity, Adventure Game Studio and Renpy are free to use (some require payment depending on revenue, check their websites for more information that).

2. Programming Language:

Depending on the engine you use you might need to learn a programming language, sounds difficult but it's easier then you think. Languages could be to popular known C++, C# or Java, or script languages like JavaScript.

3. Learn how to use the Engine:

For that just watch a few tutorial videos (Unreal and Unity both have some on their official sites), after that try to create your own little game like Pong or Snake (something very small and easy). Doing that helps you learn about the engine, after that you can start thinking about making the game you want, but most people's first game is way too big and they quit, so keep your first game small.

Remember: Making a game takes time, a lot of time! As a beginner making a pong game can take several days, once you are more experienced it will only take an hour or two. Always start small.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I hope I was able to help you.

• 1 month later...