Hey Guys! ^^ Im new to the community. Kinda Weird how my first post is actually a post about an issue XD. BUT ANYWAY Down to business, I recently downloaded a Koichoco File from Erogegames. As soon as I tried to play i was hit with a bunch of issues. Like At first Start.exe wasnt working and so was the actual application, but i fixed that issue By changing my Region and Language settings to Japanese settings. But back to the issue at hand, The problem that i am currently faced with at the moment, is I keep getting asked to insert the Koichoco Dvd into the dvd drive. Ive Been looking for Solutions for the least few days now actually, Such as using a locale Emulator running as admin etc. But so far nothing has worked. Please if anyone has the time to assist me with this annoying problem, id really appreciate it. Thank you! Capture.PNG

Crack issue ... Download this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx4N-6we_hgvSnZqSEh4dEJLenM and this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx4N-6we_hgveEYzUmlmYkFhY3M and then follow these instructions:

1. Extract start.exe into your Koichoco's directory

2. Start the game by hitting start.exe, it will ask you for the serial

3. Open Serial.txt, copy and paste the code given

4. Done, the game should work

Crack issue ... Download this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx4N-6we_hgvSnZqSEh4dEJLenM and this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx4N-6we_hgveEYzUmlmYkFhY3M and then follow these instructions:

1. Extract start.exe into your Koichoco's directory

2. Start the game by hitting start.exe, it will ask you for the serial

3. Open Serial.txt, copy and paste the code given

4. Done, the game should work

First and foremost id like to thank you for the info, Although unfortunately it didnt work. I did as you said and replaced the Start.exe with the one you sent me, and the Pop up appeared again. Any other suggestions would be really helpful tho

Hmmm ... try moving out the old Koichoco.exe file and renaming "start.exe" to the name of the executable you had before "Koichoco" ... Basically, you are replacing the old .exe with a new one, see if that works. Are you getting the same message about Koichoco DVD not found?

Edit: Wait, did you already have one "start.exe" in the game's directory? Make sure you only have one .exe in the game's directory, move out all of them except "start.exe" and rename "start.exe" to the original executable's name, report back if you managed to make it work that way. And report back what OS are you using, Windows 7, 8, 10?

Edited by TakiMinase
Hmmm ... try moving out the old Koichoco.exe file and renaming "start.exe" to the name of the executable you had before "Koichoco" ... Basically, you are replacing the old .exe with a new one, see if that works. Are you getting the same message about Koichoco DVD not found?

Edit: Wait, did you already have one "start.exe" in the game's directory? Make sure you only have one .exe in the game's directory, move out all of them except "start.exe" and rename "start.exe" to the original executable's name, report back if you managed to make it work that way. And report back what OS are you using, Windows 7, 8, 10?

Ummmm, Can you please explain that again? I got confused by what you asked me to do, and i am using windows 10 btw.

Windows 10 can be problematic for VNs, try setting up the compatibility mode to be for Windows 7 (right-click on the game's executable and select properties and there is an option to set compatibility mode for different OSs) ... What I asked you to do is to try renaming the executable. Download "start.exe" again, move it to where your Koichoco folder is, delete or move out all other executables like for example "Koichoco.exe" ... and then just rename "start.exe" that you moved to Koichoco folder into "Koichoco" (no need to add .exe at the end) and then set up a compatibility on it to be always run in Windows 7 and then try launching the game again through that renamed "Koichoco" ... Is my explanation enough or I will need to post screenshots? xDD

Windows 10 can be problematic for VNs, try setting up the compatibility mode to be for Windows 7 (right-click on the game's executable and select properties and there is an option to set compatibility mode for different OSs) ... What I asked you to do is to try renaming the executable. Download "start.exe" again, move it to where your Koichoco folder is, delete or move out all other executables like for example "Koichoco.exe" ... and then just rename "start.exe" that you moved to Koichoco folder into "Koichoco" (no need to add .exe at the end) and then set up a compatibility on it to be always run in Windows 7 and then try launching the game again through that renamed "Koichoco" ... Is my explanation enough or I will need to post screenshots? xDD

THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH DUDE. It worked, i really appreciate the help man. But there is one more thing id like to know, Is this games patch completely translated? Or is it just different parts atm. But seriously dude i really owe you my life for this.

Edited by Shock3002

It's completely translated if you downloaded the game from ErogeDownload ... though ... I don't know which version Ivan applied to it ... The translation was updated later on and the last patch for it was v1.1 ... you can find the patch here https://basicvntls.wordpress.com/2016/07/02/koi-to-senkyo-to-chocolate-english-patch-1-1/ ... I am not sure if Ivan's version is the same so you need to check that. Try downloading the v1.1 patch and installing it ... Actually, before doing that, copy the entire Koichoco folder as a backup in case something gets screwed up ... I can't check it myself because I don't have the game currently

So I finally finished Chisato's route which was so freaking long i must add. BUT AGAIN IM FACED WITH ANOTHER PROBLEM!!! Once I finished the route, A pop up appeared i couldtnt exit the game with out clicking Ok so i did. After i clicked Ok the game shut down on its own, and i thought it was ok and tried to reload the game once more. But whenever i open the application I get stuck at this loading screen Capture.PNG I have absolutely no idea what to do. And whats more is The pop up never showed up again so i was never able to figure out what it said. PLEASE HELP ME!

Hmmm, that's another problem. I am thinking it might be related to the problem with the game itself, I am not sure what happened since you didn't get a reading for the error that popped out at first. The only way to fix the problem you are having now is to delete all savegames of Koichoco in order to be able to launch the game again. Your savegames got corrupted due to sudden popup that crashed the application.

Check the game's directory and see if the savegames are there, if not, then they are in "My Documents" folder or the Appdata hidden folder (to access it, you would need to set your explorer to see hidden folders) or just open that folder through "Run" prompt on the start menu by typing in %appdata% ... And then looking for the savegame there. Sadly, there's no way to restore your old playthrough but since you finished one route and you know how you got to it, then just use skip mode and make it go through the end. If the error popup happens again, make a note of it, screeshot and so on, so we can have at least a clue at what's happening.

That's the same thing I would suggest.

Create a new folder and move your savegames there (you can find them in the game folder under "SaveData"), see if you can start the game normally again and if yes, just skip (iirc it was the space bar) until you finish her route. If you get the same error again, do a screenshot.

Edit: Chisato's route is so damn long because it's the true route, the one the story was made for. That's also why you are locked on her route during your first playthrough. Usually it's the other way around but not for this game, best and true route right from the beginning.

Edited by OneManArmy