Hello im kinda new to the site and i wanna try something by playing an eroge after all these years being in the anime community. But my question is where would i start from and how would i start to play an eroge off this site? i can download all the files but would that be it? like after watching Majikoi a long time ago id like to play this first. i saw already i cant really download everything altogether so imma have to download all the seperate files together. after this will i have to put them all into a single folder and extract the files together in the same location or is there anything else i should do before hand?

i also run windows 10 in case plays a hand in anything

ty for the help if anyone gets back to me

Put all the parts into same folder(preferably empty) and use 7-Zip to extract the first file, it should automatically extract all the files, no need to merge them first.

About installation that depends. some here are ready for play once extracted, others come with a separate patch and disc files; the latter which must be mounted first with a virtual drive, like DaemonTools, after that installing like you would from a physical disc, and lastly running the translation patch in the game install folder. Fortunately Majikoi is the first. (For comparison the Majikoi S here is the latter variant)

Also something important to remember, a lot of these require Japanese system locale on Winx/7/10 or a locale emulator like applocale, probably even the majority of them Majikoi included. Here is a tutorial for changing locale on Win7, figuring it out for Win10 shouldn't be too hard.

It's also recommend to read the comments for whatever title you're trying to play, like Majikoi, because if you encounter issues, most likely the answer can be found there already; for example Majikoi requires you have directx up to date and a new win10 install might not have all of those(mine didn't). That and other issues are mentioned(and solved) by other users in the comments.

Edited by Stefan

That depends on game in question, but usually it's just a matter of extracting patch content into game directory, overwriting files if needed. Basically, you replace original files with Japanese text with patched ones that have this text translated.