Finding Save Files for Fun & Profit

Save files are an easy way of unlocking CGs, secret routes, and generally saving time using someone else's progress. In this thread I'm sharing the steps I use for finding save files.

The easiest way that I know to find a save file is to use sagaoz.net . This can be confusing at first especially if you are not familiar with Japanese. Using a search function we are able to navigate it with relative ease.

Let's say I wanted to unlock the CGs and Extra route in Taimanin Murasaki (https://erogegames.com/taimanin-murasaki-763/).

#1. The first thing we can do is lookup the title in question on VNDB for its Japanese title.

Taimanin Murasaki ~Kunoichi Kugutsu Dorei ni Otsu~

対魔忍ムラサキ~くノ一傀儡奴隷に堕つ~

#2. Copy the text into the Sagoz.net search bar. Sometimes you may have to use parts of the title. Retrieve the results and then use a search function to go to game in question. This is made easier because Sagoz categorizes games by their publisher so if you know that you have a leg up.

http://sagaoz.net/savedata/ta/murasaki_hiro.LZH

#3. Extract the archive file you downloaded from Sagoz. This will contain the save file. Once extracted you will then need to move the file into the save directory of the game in question. This varies from game to game. Sometimes its in the game folder, sometimes in your appdata, and sometimes in your documents.

#4. Kick back with a cold one and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Reading is for gaylords and shortcuts should be taken at any opportunity to avoid it.

V0GNZwR.jpg

Edited by napoleon

Oof. I gotta side with Omega on this one. I get nukige, if you wanna skip to the saucy bits, but doing this to a VN is practically criminal. If the VN is good, then you wanna get to know the characters, but if the VN is bad, then why would you be interested in the saucy bits anyway?

• 3 months later...
Reading is for gaylords and shortcuts should be taken at any opportunity to avoid it.

You delinquent! You inanimate! You imbecile! Appreciate the authors work! Just like speed running disrespects a game; short cutting disrespects a VN! That's like buying a good book and skipping to the end without taking a moment of consideration that someone put there hard work into creating a story line for your enjoyment! Ugghhhhh anger!!!!!

Edited by Spaghetti O's
  • 4 weeks later...
You delinquent! You inanimate! You imbecile! Appreciate the authors work! Just like speed running disrespects a game; short cutting disrespects a VN! That's like buying a good book and skipping to the end without taking a moment of consideration that someone put there hard work into creating a story line for your enjoyment! Ugghhhhh anger!!!!!

You can't rant about the 3rd grade writing and story without having gone through it