Been playing this (DayZ, an arma 2 mod still in alpha phase) whenever i take a break studying for my exams. This mod is one of the greatest ones ever made.

The goal of the game is to survive in a post-apocalyptic world filled with zombies, as long as possible. You need to gather food, water, ammo and guns in order to defend yourself against zombies and other people. If you get hurt you'll need to apply medicine and painkillers. But the most terryfing of all are the other players, you never now how they will react. Are they friendly? Will they shoot me for my items and food? Will they betray me later on? The suspense and atmosphere this game creates is UNPARALLELLED.

Ofc this game isn't for everyone, but if you are somewhat interested then i'd advise you to check it out.

http://www.dayzmod.com/

I was gonna say just play L4D2 w/ me, but i do like the idea of the suspence, i would definitely always kill the other person for their stuff :). thats nobuian survival, btw, if u do get killed by someone else, what happens then?o-o

-Alright watched the video and it answered my question, u start over...anyways

I felt so bad when that guy died when he tried to get the backpack lol, god i would hate to play this game, feel maddddd guilty.]

-but ill try it out, is armA2 free?o-o

Edited by Nobu

I have no idea what arma is but that mod looks awesome. I defiantly wanna try it out.... now off to go figure out what arma is exactly hahaha.

I would love banding together with a bunch of people. But at the same time I would love to try and shoot people in the back saying "Ah yeah I'm friendly" and when they turn they're back, BAM! The temptation to do that would be hard to resist. But I'll probrably do that if I get bored of banding together with people.

Edited by superBlast

Well looks like there are other versions that you have to buy to play so... I have no idea either. Well I guess I'll find out after DL'ing it.

Edit:

Guess you do have to pay for it.... nevermind then. Might try the free version Nobu found though.

Edited by superBlast
IDK if its even the same thing lol O_O

They are the same thing, Although the Free versions quality has been chunked down a lot, the paid version looks & feels a lot better, but you get the idea of what the game's like from the Free version.

=/ so if i use the mod on the free one, it'll probably look like crap...

What a gay way to try and sell a game...make a crappy version for free.

Well you could think of it like this....

They have the full version on Steam for 20 US dollars, which most people will buy if they have a rather decent PC, but there is a free version for people who might just be getting into PC gaming or they don't have a very good graphics card in it. Well that is how I think about it because most companies just make a demo of a mission or a map against bots or maybe nothing at all.

true, but its like, would u rather watch a preview of an anime or a whole episode of it w/ those "censered blocks background thingamajig...." u know what im talking about, covering over the whole screen

Well you could think of it like this....

They have the full version on Steam for 20 US dollars, which most people will buy if they have a rather decent PC, but there is a free version for people who might just be getting into PC gaming or they don't have a very good graphics card in it. Well that is how I think about it because most companies just make a demo of a mission or a map against bots or maybe nothing at all.

This pretty much covers it, I wasn't sure if my PC could run it, Figured it could on medium settings but still wasn't to sure whether or not I would like it so I downloaded the Free version, After all it's just a Demo, The Full version has HD textures and stuff which they didn't put into the demo.

Also, The Demo actually allows you to do probably 60 or 70% of the stuff that you can do on the Actual game

Yeah, I get what you are saying, but it is a video game company and to put bluntly, they just want money, and the more popular a game is, which Arma 2 is, the more money they will try to squeeze out of it. A good example is Battlefield 2. It came out in 2005 but EA is still selling it for 20 US dollars, mainly because of the PR mod which is extremely popular for people looking for a more "realistic" FPS.

I've actually never heard of the game till now, but ill download the free one 2mrw and see if it works w/ the mod.

It won't, To play the mod you need Arma 2: CO, which is both the Full Arma2 game and the DLC Operation Arrowhead.

I've actually never heard of the game till now, but ill download the free one 2mrw and see if it works w/ the mod.

I personally love it, but it depends on the person and their taste. It is like other shooters out there, they are fun by yourself for a while, but don't have that lasting appeal unless you can play it with people you know or at least talk to.

It's a lot better then most as it actually has both Third Person and First Person, but meh you can carry on with your L4D, I haven't played either L4D or L4D2 in ages, May play it again :D

Although I do have this epic mod for L4D2 that changes Rochelle into Hatsune Miku

http://i50.tinypic.com/5owmqa.jpg

Oh and it also changes the Crowbar to a Leek, So you get Hatsune Miku + the Leek meme :D

http://i45.tinypic.com/2cro7qc.png

Edited by Dubs
It's a lot better then most as it actually has both Third Person and First Person, but meh you can carry on with your L4D, I haven't played either L4D or L4D2 in ages, May play it again :D

Although I do have this epic mod for L4D2 that changes Rochelle into Hatsune Miku

http://i50.tinypic.com/5owmqa.jpg

Oh and it also changes the Crowbar to a Leek, So you get Hatsune Miku + the Leek meme :D

http://i45.tinypic.com/2cro7qc.png

You should so give me the link for that mod.

You should so give me the link for that mod.

I shall try to find the link but no promises, although best part about source games is almost every aspect of them is customizable, + The hair moves on it and everything :D if I can't find the link for it tomorrow then I'll record and show you a quick vid of what it looks like.

Also feel free to add me on steam as well if you're going to play L4D Nobu you boob.

Edited by Dubs
I have no idea what arma is but that mod looks awesome. I defiantly wanna try it out.... now off to go figure out what arma is exactly hahaha.

I would love banding together with a bunch of people. But at the same time I would love to try and shoot people in the back saying "Ah yeah I'm friendly" and when they turn they're back, BAM! The temptation to do that would be hard to resist. But I'll probrably do that if I get bored of banding together with people.

Holy shit 3 pages of comments already. Yeah that's the thing, i made a group to join up with others, so we can help eachother and fight off enemy bandits and zombies.

Steam Community :: Group :: DayZ- Friendly Co-op Gang

If you play it solo you never know what someone else is gonna do. For example i got backstabbed once by a dude i healed and we teamed up for 20 min. When i found a new gun, he simply waited till it turned myself around and shot me in the head :p Ofcourse after this, i did the same because i was pissed. A new player asked if i was a friendly, i dropped some ammo for him to convince him i was a nice player, and when he turned himself around i blew his brains out. :p

mI haven't played anything like this before, it's the suspense and feeling that you can't trust anyone really that make this such a great concept. The mod still has a ton of work, but it's already amazing in alpha stage so far.

This vid shows DayZ in real life, it's incredibly accurate :p

Edited by Caelistas

Ah yeah, As it's every man for himself, New guns/ Supplies/ vehicles and survival can turn your friends into your enemies just to get the items and survive for a bit longer, Although I shall add you on steam Cael for when I actually can be bothered to re buy Arma2, As I had it on my old steam account.

Hm..... well i played the free one and.... the only enjoyable thing I did was play a zombie map thing that someone had. I lasted..... 5 minutes of pure running with a pack of zombies behind me. It alf neat and half sucks that you can't run snd gun at the same time.... atleast in the demo thing.

I guess I'll think about getting it...

Edited by superBlast
Hm..... well i played the free one and.... the only enjoyable thing I did was play a zombie map thing that someone had. I lasted..... 5 minutes of pure running with a pack of zombies behind me. It alf neat and half sucks that you can't run snd gun at the same time.... atleast in the demo thing.

I guess I'll think about getting it...

Because the game tries to be as realistic as possible.