Kamidori Alchemy Meister explodes at the begining

Well, after struggling for quite a lot, I managed to install and patch (the 3 payches + english patch, which was always saying "Software Not Found" e_e).

My problem is that, when I start the game, at the begining everything works. I can see the opening perfectly, and the start menu appears. But after doing a pair of clicks, not even being able to start a new game, this error appears:

Dibujo.jpg

If I try to open again Age.exe, it asks me if I want to change my settings (in japanese, ofc). I have tried some random changes, but I keep getting the error.

Any ideas?

By "random changes" you mean you changed your settings into Japanase Locale?, Kamidori doesn't work with AppLocale

Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.

Click the Administrative tab, and then, under Language for non-Unicode programs (System Locale), click Change system locale. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Select the Japanese language, and then click OK and restart your computer.

Best of luck.

Had already changed my locale even before patching. By random changes I meant the game settings (the game asked me if I wanted to open them every time I reopened the Age.exe). But it looks like any changes on the game settings solve nothing X)

Had already changed my locale even before patching. By random changes I meant the game settings (the game asked me if I wanted to open them every time I reopened the Age.exe). But it looks like any changes on the game settings solve nothing X)

just edit the setting and it wont bother you anymore

Like I said on my first post, I have tried changing some things, and the problem remains there, sadly =/

even run as admin??

at the setting..try to get the pc's data and save it..

if cant..you'll have to wait for others..

because i never encounter any problems with my VN's

This may sound stupid but you disabled you antivirus before installing?

Let's do it from the begining (With antivirus disabled):

1. Change system locale to Japanese.

2. Mount the disc image.

3. Run autorun, install.

4. Patch IN ORDER: ap01, ap02, 200 (should be moved to game folder first).

5. Run the English patch from a different folder, then the game.

6. Enjoy (everything to this point is a copy-paste from X69fizzy69X over on nyaa.eu)

7. Before switching back to English on regional settings, run the game once and open the in-game configuration menu.

8. Click on the "Text" button and set font to MS UI Gothic.

9. Now you can run the game in US English regional settings without getting a runtime error

Let's see if that works, then o:

(uninstalling and dling the game again - yeah, I was stupid enough to delete the data when I was done installing and the game looked fine e_e)

This may sound stupid but you disabled you antivirus before installing?

Let's do it from the begining (With antivirus disabled):

1. Change system locale to Japanese.

2. Mount the disc image.

3. Run autorun, install.

4. Patch IN ORDER: ap01, ap02, 200 (should be moved to game folder first).

5. Run the English patch from a different folder, then the game.

6. Enjoy (everything to this point is a copy-paste from X69fizzy69X over on nyaa.eu)

7. Before switching back to English on regional settings, run the game once and open the in-game configuration menu.

8. Click on the "Text" button and set font to MS UI Gothic.

9. Now you can run the game in US English regional settings without getting a runtime error

Tried reinstalling everything, and still get the error. How awful >_

Edited by Lanselot