Visual Novel test by PhiBrainChild

I'll play your visual novel this evening, expect a little review in something like 12 hours.

You'll finish it in 2 minutes, even less if you're a really fast reader, probably. In the end, it was just a test, I never planned on making a whole story, so keep that in mind. Anyway thanks for taking your time for this.

Wait...what? Two minutes? TWO WHOLE MINUTES?! 60 FUCKIN SECONDS?! Dammit, that's a shitload to read man. But yeah, I'll sacrifice that huge amount of time just for you, so you better be thankful. Oh and with this said, nevermind about the review, I can't write a lot of things about a 2min game after all.

Wait...what? Two minutes? TWO WHOLE MINUTES?! 60 FUCKIN SECONDS?! Dammit, that's a shitload to read man. But yeah, I'll sacrifice that huge amount of time just for you, so you better be thankful. Oh and with this said, nevermind about the review, I can't write a lot of things about a 2min game after all.

You mean, 120 seconds! And of course you can't write a lot of things. Anyway what's supposed to be discussed is if this is a failure or success, not really the story because obviously I wasn't the one who made it up, I just used the already existing material.

Okay I finished your visual novel just now and well...what should I say? It was all about boobs and girls. And that art looked like an anime, right? Anyway, it was short, senseless and funny, nothing to add.

it was an anime.. high school DxD , acutally an anime adoption of the light novel

i agree with onemanarmy

some advices:

- even though it's still testing but resolution screen is too big, might make it smaller next time

- you might want to consider to make file smaller thus easier to download, some people will find it longer to download than playing it

- try to develop some characters traits first before you make a dialogue (if it's from high school dxd then you can recreate some characters traits to your heart content)

ganbatte kudasai.....

This took six whole hours to make? :/

But well, yeah, not bad I guess.

It was kinda random, but I guess it wasn't supposed to be anything serious anyway.

Had some laughs, and that guy at the end was just weird.

First I would like to thank everyone for taking their time to play this, and even tho I know myself what things I should've added/changed/removed it was for testing purposes so I was giving attention more to the technical part than anything else., but thanks for the advices anyway.

i agree with onemanarmy

some advices:

- even though it's still testing but resolution screen is too big, might make it smaller next time

- you might want to consider to make file smaller thus easier to download, some people will find it longer to download than playing it

- try to develop some characters traits first before you make a dialogue (if it's from high school dxd then you can recreate some characters traits to your heart content)

ganbatte kudasai.....

I actually wanted to make it even bigger (trollface) but due to some additional work it would make, I gave up on it. There's a very small chance that I could've made the file smaller, counting that I made a VN on the way that it's not supposed to be made. I didn't pay much attention to dialogues or characters, I just made the first 2-3 minutes from the first episode of High School DxD.

This took six whole hours to make? :/

But well, yeah, not bad I guess.

It was kinda random, but I guess it wasn't supposed to be anything serious anyway.

Had some laughs, and that guy at the end was just weird.

Yes, I guess the reason it took me so much would be because I made every single detail, from the root. I'm glad you actually read that it's a test so of course it wasn't anything serious. As for the guy at the end, I just had no idea how to finish it so he seemed like the best solution (at that moment).

This whole thing started a few nights ago, when I was spamming in the shoutbox with people (as usual). I'm not sure who was it, but someone said that he wants to become a programmer so he can work for some VN company. As I've read that message, idea came to my head at the same moment, and I replied that it's possible to create a VN even without any programming experience. Idea, creativity and ingenuity was all I needed.

Once again, thanks for your comment, you made me feel kinda proud of my wasted 6 hours.

Edited by PhiBrainChild
so, will you continue this or make a new one or it's a dead end...?

perhaps you want to work with some people and can create a masterpiece like katawa shoujo....

Haha, wow. Katawa-Shoujo eh? I don't think I have enough skills and ambition to make anything close to it. Well, if I ever end up with some group working on something, maybe I will. Otherwise, making everything alone is a too big pain in the a** so I'll pass on that. Guess I'll take your comment as a compliment so thanks.

Yes, I guess the reason it took me so much would be because I made every single detail, from the root. I'm glad you actually read that it's a test so of course it wasn't anything serious. As for the guy at the end, I just had no idea how to finish it so he seemed like the best solution (at that moment).

This whole thing started a few nights ago, when I was spamming in the shoutbox with people (as usual). I'm not sure who was it, but someone said that he wants to become a programmer so he can work for some VN company. As I've read that message, idea came to my head at the same moment, and I replied that it's possible to create a VN even without any programming experience. Idea, creativity and ingenuity was all I needed.

Once again, thanks for your comment, you made me feel kinda proud of my wasted 6 hours.

Oh, I was actually there when you said that :p

And yeah, it sounds reasonable when you say that you did it completely from root.

Some friends of mine are also into making their own Visual Novels, but they use something like pre - customized programs or something along those things.

I don't really have any idea about it, but they aren't really spending that much time at programming I think..