http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MtQH4Sjnedw/UBAowI6sK4I/AAAAAAAAABY/-Ni7UOg6JXg/s1600/SMITE+Logo.png

SMITE is a MOBA brought to you by Hi-Rez Studios. The game focuses on the battles between the gods of several different pantheons, including Greek, Egyptian, and Norse. Players use custom powers and various team tactics in order to defeat both AI and player-controlled opponents in fast paced arena-style action. Balance is the key to success in each battle, and to ensure this, SMITE offers extensive match-making and stat tracking by design.

SMITE is a DotA style game, featuring various mythical gods like Zeus and Odin. Players compete in an arena style gameplay, facing off against players and AI controlled characters, seeking to dominate the opposing force. Each character is unique and offers something different during gameplay, so players will need to balance their team in order to succeed. The game uses a third person camera, instead of a traditional 3/4 view to add to the immersive gameplay experience.

It isn't anything special. It's LoL in 3rd person mode. But counting that no such game was made so far (at least I never heard of any), it's very interesting to play. Some new kind of experience. At first, I thought I was an awful game, but that was because it's not really easy to get used to the environment and controls. But, after 4-5 games, I've started to like it. Shop system is a bit different as well. Items are the same, but the way your making your build is different. Additional abilities are something that's different as well. Here, you can buy up to 3 additional abilities while in-game and use them until the end of it. And, you have 1 special slot for potions. Yea, you can just have 1 kind of a potion with yourself at a time. But due to how this game is made, I think that's how it should be.

It definitely won't hurt if you check it out. Tho, bear with the first 3-4 games. You have to get used to the system, and there will be a lot of newbies playing with you as well. But after that it's pretty interesting.

I'd say it probably worth checking out, but if u do like it, u'll end up having to wait for its official release.

There's no need to wait for the official release. He can enjoy game until then as well. If I remember right, I've read somewhere that there won't be any wipes on the official release so he'll be able to keep his account level, Gods, etc.