"ef" Installation help/Problem solving

If it's the fault of missing codecs then delete the movie.paz and try to start the game. The game will maybe just skip the movie because it's not there. This strategy worked for me when having problems with Steins;Gate's movies. Also, I never heard or saw that updating option so you could also try to delete those updating files because the exe may want to connect to whatever servers for doing an update.

Yeah, just delete everything until it works lol.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's is just genius OneMan, I'll try it now also thank you Desi and OneMan for helping me, even if I don't know if it's fixed yet

Deleting the updaters does nothing.

Deleting the movie.paz and trying to run the exe gives me a message saying an important file is missing and to re-install

Really want to get this to work :(

Edited by Stàr
That's is just genius OneMan, I'll try it now also thank you Desi and OneMan for helping me, even if I don't know if it's fixed yet

Deleting the updaters does nothing.

Deleting the movie.paz and trying to run the exe gives me a message saying an important file is missing and to re-install

Really want to get this to work :(

I think it needs that update.... QQ...the latter tale....don't want to wait ;P

Still got the same problem with the torrent Desi...just gonna make a list of everything I did step by step before giving up....:(

1) I downloaded the torrent

2) I extracted it with winrar

3) I ran the ef_Lite_Installer_[nnl]

4) After a few mins and once it was finished I got asked if I wanted to update I said no

5) Then I tried to run the exe but I got an error.

Have you tried deleting it via registry before installing it again? I didn't think of it at the time until ILT mentioned it last night, but I think you left/weren't there. Basically, go to Start --> type in Regedit and run it. (Make sure Ef is uninstalled first) Go to HKEY_Local_Machine --> Software --> try to locate the minori or ef folder and delete it. Now try installing it again.

Okay, I'll try it if not I'll try Ef the first tale ;/ but I don't know how the game will feel half cut off...but hope I can get it to work...if not I'll just buy the Latter tale when it comes out but it doesn't sound like that will be any time soon at all

Edited by Stàr

Okay, I'll try it if not I'll try Ef the first tale ;/ but I don't know how the game will feel half cut off...but hope I can get it to work...if not I'll just buy the Latter tale when it comes out but it doesn't sound like that will be any time soon at all