"Never 7" Installation help/Problem solving

It was installing from scratch. Did it anyway. Eventually it seems to have installed, only now giving me this message (which I got the last time I tried this as well)

7840880134_61048c346e.jpg

If it follows the past, clicking X a few times should get rid of the message and cause it to go to a black screen with an unresponsive game and no way to close it without shutting down.

It looks like it's asking you to insert the VN cd to run the VN. I don't have it installed, but maybe their is a no-cd install file that came with the rars? Can you check if there is or isn't? Or maybe someone else knows more about it.

Putting a CD in unfortunately doesn't appear to do anything. The patch might make it work, I'm about to try. Unfortunately it's warning me that if I do without the game CD I won't be able to hear the BGM. Can anyone suggest anything before I make the next attempt?

Okay, using the patch works. Specifically, I installed the patch, went into Program Files and started it from there (you get there by clicking on Computer and then double clicking on something that says (C : ). I would put a screen shot up but unfortunately this site has suddenly stopped accepting my files even though they're of the approved image type.

In C: (at the top it should read something like 'Computer > © : >') then go the folder Program Files, go to CYBERFRONT (unless you installed it somewhere else in which case search for CYBERFRONT on your computer), go to Never7 in CYBERFRONT and then double click the application Never7_English_CD (make sure to install the English patch first). It appears to open a menu where you can choose to view it as a window instead of full screen (which seems to be a problematic with this game).

However at this time I'm still not sure how to get music to work. If anyone has any advice on that, thanks in advance.

Edited by Garuda
However at this time I'm still not sure how to get music to work. If anyone has any advice on that, thanks in advance.

Download pc-ost.zip, extract it to the game folder (Program Files\CYBERFRONT\Never7). Start the game normally and while playing - Right click (you'll see a dropdown menu), there is an option for the BGM/soundtrack, you can pick the normal one or the reverse one (either of them are fine).

Thanks for the link but I'm afraid no option is showing up. Right clicking shows the following:

Return (which simply closes the menu)

File Menu (which leads to SAVE and LOAD)

Font General

Font Female (I have no idea why these exist, they don't seem to actually do anything)

Skip to Next Choice

Skip Read Lines

Minimize Window

Return to Title

Quit Game

Those are all the choices from the drop down menu.

Thanks for the link but I'm afraid no option is showing up. Right clicking shows the following:

Return (which simply closes the menu)

File Menu (which leads to SAVE and LOAD)

Font General

Font Female (I have no idea why these exist, they don't seem to actually do anything)

Skip to Next Choice

Skip Read Lines

Minimize Window

Return to Title

Quit Game

Those are all the choices from the drop down menu.

If you copied the "ost" folder and ost.track, ost2.track into the game folder, it will show up in the menu for sure.

I'm afraid it isn't appearing.

In the CYBERFRONT > Never7 Folder I have placed the OST Folder and OST.Track and Ost2.Track

If Ost.Track and Ost2.Track need to be placed in another folder within CYBERFRONT > Never7 should it be in the OST Folder?

I'm afraid it isn't appearing.

In the CYBERFRONT > Never7 Folder I have placed the OST Folder and OST.Track and Ost2.Track

If Ost.Track and Ost2.Track need to be placed in another folder within CYBERFRONT > Never7 should it be in the OST Folder?

Nah, you can just extract the .rar directly to the game folder (.../CYBERFRONT/Never7).

Well here's what it looks like, I assume that the .track files are in the correct folder. Everything is in Never7 and no option for music is appearing. What's the option named anyway?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5982[/ATTACH]

The files are fine. Are you running the game with Never7_English_CD or Never7_English_OGG ? You should run it with the OGG one.

Edited by killerinsidee
Now it's working. Previously the .OGG didn't do anything no matter how many times I clicked on it so I didn't even bother trying. Thanks for all the help.

Hey how did you get the ogg to work? Whenever i try to open it the config screen opens but after that nothing happens. Also when i try to open the cd one it opens a window after the config but immediately stops responding. The original untranslated game works fine though, but without music of course

It's been a little while but I'll see if I can go through the steps again. I assume you already gotten the basic game installed correct? If not, do it now.

After that run the English patch. I think you simply need to run it and not move files into your folder.

Then go to the folder. You should have in it files with names like Never7_English_OGG. Double click on the .OGG and it should run.

After that you get a Never7 Start Menu. Set it to 'Window' and click Start.

If that doesn't work can you take a screen shot of your files so we can see what you have? If you're running Vista there should be a Snipping Tool that you can find.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem with the BGM (just plays once, then it won't loop). I can easily solve this issue by installing the patch and extracting the *.ogg files as indicated but the thing is that I want to play the game in the original Japanese and installing the patch would make everything in English ._.

Anyone out there knows any solution please? ;3