So looking to get a laptop

"Interested in the screen", as in the quality or resolution?

You can get non gaming laptops for pretty fuckin cheap everywhere.

That being said, i advice you to not buy any laptop that is made by Toshiba or Acer and Packard Bell. Just get yourself a nice business type laptop, they don't have much grafix power but have a sleek design and are made of high quality materials.

well you can check newegg.com i always buy my pc stuff there.

i myself have a desktop.. because i want to play my battlefield 3 on ultra

Same here, But Im looking for a laptop specifically to watch movies/tv shows/anime play some vns and do school work so the only thing I really want is a really good screen. thats what im looking for.

what about this one?

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire A5560-7414 Notebook AMD A-Series A6-3420M(1.5GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi AMD Radeon HD 6520G

Screen Size

15.6"

Wide Screen Support

Yes

Resolution

1366 x 768

LCD Features

LED backlight & Acer CineCrystal Technology

what are the colors like in that? i want really bright saturated colors because most of what ill watch is anime haaah

I'm most interested in the screen since it will pretty much only be used for 1. Anime, 2.Visual Novels 3.homework (like microsoft word)

any suggestions?

I basically want a really nice screen

what are the colors like in that? i want really bright saturated colors because most of what ill watch is anime haaah

I know exactly what you're looking for, because I look for the exact same thing. That's the good news. The bad news is that they are really, really hard to find and can be quite (very) expensive because these monitors are mainly used by visual artists, photographers and such. Furthermore, they traditionally have slow response time compared to monitors which are for gaming (that's part of the price you have to pay,) but the response/refresh times are getting better.

What you want to pay attention to is the panel technology. LCD monitors come with 3 (some say 4) types of panels. TN (twisted node) - has a fast response rate (good for gaming), narrow viewing angle, is dirt cheap and has quite poor colour representation. VA (verticle alignment) - is middle of the road, good response time (not as good as TN), better colour representation than TN (but not the best), not too expensive and has a decent viewing angle. IPS (in plane shifting) - offers the best colour representation, viewing angle and graphic quality but comes with a poorer response rate and is very expensive. If you want a monitor that will give you the best picture, you need an IPS monitor. The following is from a website that offers monitor suggestions for photographers:

Most people do not know the fact that there are at least four different types of LCD technologies that differ substantially in the way they reproduce colors and tones. Accurate color reproduction is extremely important for every photographer and one needs to have a thorough understanding of these technologies before investing in a monitor, especially if it will be used for professional work.

IPS (In-Plane Switching) – compared to TN, IPS monitors are true 8-bit (full color reproduction with no dithering), have much wider viewing angles and are capable of accurately reproducing a much bigger color gamut. Some of the older generation IPS monitors suffered from low response times, but most of the latest models offer reasonably good response times/refresh rates as well. IPS monitors are expensive and they are primarily used for professional photography and design. Many of the high-end Apple monitors, including the new iPad use IPS displays.

If you are thinking about buying a new monitor for your photography needs, definitely skip all TN monitors and first consider IPS and then PVA/MVA.

Link - Best Monitor for Photography

Examples of laptops you want to look at:

The HP Envy 15-3040nr HP Envy 15-3040nr Laptop Review - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

Sony VAIO SE AnandTech - Sony VAIO SE: An IPS Laptop for Under a Grand

ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A Ultrabook ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A Ultrabook review: a high-res display, and a much-improved keyboard -- Engadget

Edited by Rooke