You can check out Eien no Aselia later if you wish. Even if the version that is translated doesn't have H-scenes, the version that was translated is superior because it added two routes, has improved cg, etc. The sequel which will be released by Jast sometime next year (hopefully) has h-scenes... so you can make a huge sacrifice and play without h-scenes.

Ugh, we've been over this. XD it does NOT add new routes, it takes away the evil route and replaces nothing because it just includes a japanese sequel instead of saying they are two games.... *sigh* This is the first I've heard of Jast translating a sequel though... maybe we will actually get a fully translated one, instead of a censored hackjob.

Anyway enough ranting about that game, as to the opening post. I offer these suggestions:

Brave Soul - Great RPG, with enough H stuff to keep me interested, even if very hard to get all the CG without spending AGES playing over and over again.

Tears to Tiara - Also a good choice. Made by the same company as Utawarerumono, It has a great real time rpg where you pause and give orders, instead of directly controling your characters.

The Galaxy Angel series - A good space battle sim, with several translated games. No H scenes here though, one of the few that I still enjoyed.

Koisuru Oukoku (Labeled simply as Kingdom on the erogedownload list) - This one is quite good as well, with some original characters, if rather old. You have to watch your daily activities and depending on where you work you get stats, and certain stats help you with certain storylines. A great many routes in it, and I've still not finished them all.

• 4 weeks later...

To be fair, the version that they used for translation WAS the one with the added routes/content and improved graphics. The PS2 port had some routes added when they made it 12+, and that version also later got released on PC, which is what they used for the officially licensed US release and is the same as the game downloadable from erogegames. So he wasn't wrong in what he said. Tokimi's and Ryouko's routes weren't available in the original release.

See: Aselia the Eternal Is JAST USA's Attempt At Non-Adult Games | Siliconera

Well, I didn't exactly memories the dates on when that sequel came out, but either way they were still released in Japan on the PC in a fully adult version. The fact remains that they are censoring the game from it's original content, because they think the american market can't handle it. It's bullshit, and I won't support any game or company that pulls that garbage. I feel the same way about the butchery done to dubbed anime here in the states because they want to force it into an audience that it isn't intended for. If Jast wants to try non-adult games, don't start with AN ADULT GAME.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I didn't exactly memories the dates on when that sequel came out, but either way they were still released in Japan on the PC in a fully adult version. The fact remains that they are censoring the game from it's original content, because they think the american market can't handle it. It's bullshit, and I won't support any game or company that pulls that garbage. I feel the same way about the butchery done to dubbed anime here in the states because they want to force it into an audience that it isn't intended for. If Jast wants to try non-adult games, don't start with AN ADULT GAME.

That's nonsense. JAST didn't censor anything at all. They use an all-ages port of the game that was adapted by the company itself (Xuse). I definitely agree with the dubbing comment (there are a very few exceptions where the dubbing was done exceptionally well), but given the choice to (legally) play Aselia in English censored or not at all, I choose the former. The game itself doesn't really lose anything, unlike other H titles that have been censored.

You have to remember that scenes in the original Aselia release was WAY over the line of what US laws would allow. Not market. LAW. Raping a 6 year old isn't ok in the states even if she is supposedly actually 10,000 years old. Would I like to play the original unedited version translated? Sure! But claiming JAST butchered an H title just to cram it down American kids' throats is grossly misstating it.

I wholeheartedly support companies that take the risk and localize Japanese content. In the end, Aselia is a great game that deserved to be brought across the water, and JAST should be applauded for it.

Edited by Amedaius