VN's You've played that had a lot of potential but went down the drain in the end

Hohoho, this is gonna hurt. I've never mentioned this before but, for me it's... Hoshizora no Memoria. That's right. DON'T KILL ME. The true route of this VN, Mystery Girl. I was looking forward to it alot, because this character seemed to be the best out of everyone. The VN as a whole was going real good, so it's not like it was a chore to get to that true route. But once I got there...

There's not enough loveydovey in it! And that is what I was looking forward to in the route. The stuff that apparently takes place in Eternal Heart (fandisc). Yes, that. I wanted that to take place in the main game together with everything else, not on some fandisc. It was an intriguing route all the same, but not enough pure love stuff. Some, but not enough. It had a nice and happy ending, which is good - but I wanted the whole journey until that point. Again, some of that stuff is on the fandisc if I'm understanding it correctly.

So, to sum it, it was great the whole way (except for Chinami maybe) through, but fell down the drain right at the end for me. The thing that I was looking forward to was not there completely, but rather, it's on a fandisc.

Spoiler for Air!

Mine would be Air! T.T it was evil made you fall in love with the main girl and they kill her off in the end I felt so sad it was unfair no matter what you did you couldn't save her from her fate.

Sorry xD still new to this site okay lol I love everything made by Key but this one game.

Edited by Chun Li
spoiler
Hohoho, this is gonna hurt. I've never mentioned this before but, for me it's... Hoshizora no Memoria. That's right. DON'T KILL ME. The true route of this VN, Mystery Girl. I was looking forward to it alot, because this character seemed to be the best out of everyone. The VN as a whole was going real good, so it's not like it was a chore to get to that true route. But once I got there...

There's not enough loveydovey in it! And that is what I was looking forward to in the route. The stuff that apparently takes place in Eternal Heart (fandisc). Yes, that. I wanted that to take place in the main game together with everything else, not on some fandisc. It was an intriguing route all the same, but not enough pure love stuff. Some, but not enough. It had a nice and happy ending, which is good - but I wanted the whole journey until that point. Again, some of that stuff is on the fandisc if I'm understanding it correctly.

So, to sum it, it was great the whole way (except for Chinami maybe) through, but fell down the drain right at the end for me. The thing that I was looking forward to was not there completely, but rather, it's on a fandisc.

damn i feel kinda the same as u after u said it , i just didn't want to accept that i was a bit disappointed by it

Hoshimemo will be perfect if there is a little more lovey dovey scene and without that

mother-power time reversal thing.Also they suck at hiding Yume.You can know her name and figure quickly if you choose Asuho as your second-playthrough

Hohoho, this is gonna hurt. I've never mentioned this before but, for me it's... Hoshizora no Memoria. That's right. DON'T KILL ME. The true route of this VN, Mystery Girl. I was looking forward to it alot, because this character seemed to be the best out of everyone. The VN as a whole was going real good, so it's not like it was a chore to get to that true route.

I shall stain the earth with your blood, you hoshimemo hater! XD

Just kidding :D

You've got a point there. Despite hoshimemo being one of my favs, I did feel like the "true route" was missing something.

I didn't care about it much though, since Asuho's and Komomo's routes are pure win.

that would be dc if..... this one has the potential but somehow feel dull

but the bright side is kotori still awesome

DC IF was frustrating because it barely even was about Kotori...

...and much more about the MC coping with Nemu's death. And since I personally never liked Nemu, that made it even more infuriating.

DC IF was frustrating because it barely even was about Kotori...

...and much more about the MC coping with Nemu's death. And since I personally never liked Nemu, that made it even more infuriating.

nemu is one of my favorite heroine beside sakura it's frustating.......

spoiler about dc if inside open at your own risk!!!

well the beginning not about kotori I agreed. and there is only one way to prevent her death, which is get nemu's end. btw there is something even more confusing than that, its when kotori and jun'ichi get married nemu on wheelchair??? with sakura???

talk about killing the mood...........

This was the only good route though, you can pretty much forget about the rest. Didn't I write a review about the game?

Edit : Yeah I did, A little review

DC IF is pretty much one route, you're talking about the whole Kotori Love EX P.

It might've been the best of Love EX P stories, but really, all stories in the original DC are dubious at best. You don't buy/read something like Love EX P for story. You do it to interact with the cute character depicted on the cover, and DC IF cheats you out of that.

DC IF is pretty much one route, you're talking about the whole Kotori Love EX P.

Ah okay, I thought you're talking about the fandisc. I should learn to read all comments before answering lol.

You don't buy/read something like Love EX P for story.

I'm playing ALL visual novels for story even if there isn't one.

So here i am, checking this thread thinking that it was pretty obvious what VN had most fucked up ending ever and it appears that im mistaken. People talk about Hoshizora because it wasnt as good as they wanted it to be, but it wasnt bad or completely wasted. Im not sure if people simply dont read this VN or just forget about it right after finishing it because of that ^%*&%@! ending. What am i talking about ? Sekien no Inganock.

Well thread was about our own thoughts so it isnt that strange that there is many different opinions, still i find it strange that noone mentioned Sekien before .

I'm playing ALL visual novels for story even if there isn't one.

Doing exactly the same thing here OMA, too bad there are people like wiitoy who plays VNs to WIN... ok lets leave it at this or i wont stop.

Sekien no Inganock = ^%*&%@! ending

True, I would be very thankful if somebody could explain me the ending.

Doing exactly the same thing here OMA, too bad there are people like wiitoy who plays VNs to WIN.

I don't care about people's reaons for playing visual novels as long as they enjoy those amazing games.