is the Japanese Anime Fans tired of the tropes? (Kotaku East)

I gotta that this list is a bit silly. Yes, there is some truth to it because some anime themes are really overused, but you can't just say something like all "Club anime" are boring as hell. It obviously varies from person to person, there not even a need to write it. I may be bored of the "Harem anime" but someone else may love it (kami), etc.

As long as those tropes sell, companies will see no reason to change the way anime is now, of a handful of new series each season, only a few are good and the other crap.

I gotta that this list is a bit silly. Yes, there is some truth to it because some anime themes are really overused, but you can't just say something like all "Club anime" are boring as hell. It obviously varies from person to person, there not even a need to write it. I may be bored of the "Harem anime" but someone else may love it (kami), etc.

Exactly, for example, to me that Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! anime is pure shit about retarded girls doing retarded things every episode but to killer and desi is a masterpiece, tastes variates from person to person.

Edited by Ryu

What I'd like to know is more about the writer and where he got this information. Many times these internet stories are complete crap written by people who have no flipping clue what they are talking about.

I find it amusing that as the list went on he had more and more examples. Meaning that somewhere along the line the Japanese had interest enough, that the companies making anime thought it was a good idea to keep making those types. It seems to me that this is extremely influenced by import viewers and sub watchers outside of Japan.

They didn't even mention the overuse of panty shots that are in nearly every ecchi, And I didn't see a single use of the words Shoujo, Shounen, Seinen, Josei, or even ecchi. Instead, the writer uses things like 'Pretty Boy' and 'Large Breasts'. It just reinforced my thoughts that this guy isn't being serious, or he is looking at it from outside a japanese perspective.

And even if they are Japanese, it reminds me of a news broadcaster here in the states doing a bit about a first person shooter. Word of mouth, and limited understanding of what they are talking about. Catering to people who don't bother to look anything up, and just want to hear and believe whatever the news says.

Edited by Haika
  • 4 weeks later...
Exactly, for example, to me that Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! anime is pure shit about retarded girls doing retarded things every episode but to killer and desi is a masterpiece, tastes variates from person to person.

That is a pretty good point. An online poll is nice and all but it should not be the final decider on whether everyone agrees that these tropes are over done. My Japanese is still not very good so I can't read the original poll in its entirety, but what are the demographics of the voters in this poll anyway? Unless this is known the poll is ultimately useless as it can have too much potential bias.

• 2 weeks later...