stains gate chaos head

hi,

im having trouble installing stains gate and chaos head in a virtual machine and i think is for the same reason

with stains gate i get a black screen but the came works, i click start game guessing were it was from a pic i saw, and i can hear the dialogue

and with chaos head the screen is transparent but when i move the window pieces start to appear and dissapear

i just made the VM installed and set the lenguaje to japonese, so i think its something with the graphics

but with cccp and k-lite nothing happened

any1 know what coud it be the problem

-First: what is your main OS? (reason for using a virtual machine) [if your main OS is MACOSX, well.. stop reading right here XD]

FYI: both VN's run perfectly on windows 8 (just in case you're an early adopter, like me)

-Secondly:Make sure to change your locale language to japanese manually under control panel/language settings

-Forget about the Virtual machine for now and try these settings on your main OS:

-Update your DirectX (Just do it. Even if you think you don't need to)

-Update your graphics card drivers (Again, DO IT.)

-run both games as admin and under compatibility mode for Windows Vista (in case you've got win7 or 8)

-if you've installed cccp and k-lite pack, your video codecs are up to date (so don't worry about those)

do all that and then check if it works, hope it helps :)

Edited by Helvetica Standard
grammar error

im using a laptop with windows 8 that i just bough but its single lenguaje so i cant install japonese thats why i have to use a VM

i didnt mention it in my post but the vm is xp

the vm is in japonese i dont even use applocale

im gona try updating the drivers but when i did DxDiag it said that i have DirectX 11

in the vm is 9.0.c something like that

i think im runing them as admin because there isnt any other user both in the main and VM

and i installed cccp and because it didnt work i uninstalled and put k-lite because i read that there coud be incopatibilities

shoud i try with both??

pd. i tryie to install stains gate in the main os but when i press start game the screen turns black and then im back at the menu

ok so new machine new problems

i manage to install japonese in my desktop pc

and now with stains gate i got the error mensaje in the rigth pic

and the screen in chapter 1 in chaos head look like in the left pic

steins.JPGscreenshot-1.jpg

i dont think this is the reason but i hava a ati radeon HD 4600

is that enough for those games???

• 3 weeks later...
Im also having trouble with Chaos:Head.

I managed to download and install it all, but I cant seem to get it to work (just betting black window).

And when I did the patch, I get this: imgur: the simple image sharer

Im not very tech savy, so Im at a total loss at what to do at this point.... Help please?

black screen? it usually because of codec. you should update your codec.

i saw the pic that you posted

it said that the nss and gp were missing

did you delete them?

try installing it doing this

Helvetica Standard says:

July 11, 2012 at 3:24 am

To all people with trouble here’s a condensed guide in order to run ChaosHead on Windows 7/Windows vista.

Thanks to HikariNoYami, for most of the info

here goes:

before installing and all, make sure of the following:

IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL THE GAME:

-Change your system locale to Japanese language

do this under control panel/language settings

(any doubts on this google it)

IN ORDER TO AVOID CRASHES, BLACK SCREENS, BROKEN AUDIO:

-Update DirectX! (seriously most of you don’t know this or you simply ignore it)

-Update your video card’s drivers (this should be common knowledge!)

*IMPORTANT: LOW END/SOME INTEGRATED CHIPS/VERY OLD VIDEO CARDS WON’T WORK WITH THIS GAME (your best bet is to update your hardware, sorry.)

-download and install the latest audio/video codec packs (divx codec packs work great)

IN ORDER TO AVOID OTHER TECHNICAL ERRORS:

-Make sure you are the admin/have admin rights

-if possible avoid running apps or other background programs while installing/playing.

*IMPORTANT*

Download the fixed patch crass-1.0.0.14.0 (Hikari provided a MF link, browse the comments to find it. If you’re feeling lazy here’s the link he posted:

( http: ) //www (.) mediafire (.) com/?i42heldagc6na2t

Delete all the ( )s and spaces

Hold onto this patch for now, we will cover it in the guide.

Now we can proceed to the guide:

-Mount ISO with Daemon tools (if you don’t have it google it and download it, I personally recommend “Daemon Tools Lite”)

-Run setup exe

-enter serial 000-702-000-114

-Install normally, don’t launch game yet

-Put English patch english translation RC2 in game folder and run it.

-A CMD window will pop up.When prompted to press any key to continue DON’T DO ANYTHING, instead open the newly created “patch” folder and erase the “crass” folder

-Remember the fixed patch that i told you to hold onto? well, extract its contents then copy the newly extracted folder called “crass-1.0.0.14.0″ to “patch” folder and rename it to “crass”

-return to CMD menu and press any key, then wait for the

patch to be applied. Press any key when prompted

-Replace the exe with the cracked version (it’s the exe that’s inside the “Crack” folder)

-Launch the game

if the game’s not in english:

a)you screwed up during the CMD installation. REMEMBER TO follow the instructions and BE PATIENT don’t close the damn window!

b)your language locale is not japanese, make sure it does and leave it like that.

-FOR WINDOWS 7 USERS ONLY! (do this if you have trouble launching the game(NO game screen/window visible upon opening the exe)

-run the game “as admin” and under compatibility mode for “Windows vista”"

• 3 months later...