Not so much looking for a genre....

So i'm more kinda looking for similar games then a specific "type".

I'm not much in to those dark VN's like Bible Black and the likes that include rape (both optional and not), but quite like games such as Otoboku or Snow Sakura.

I've read some of the recent releases and the "classics" like FS/N (didn't bother with the last story) Kanon, Shuffle etc...

But now i've kinda started having trouble finding similar games that isn't just pure nukige. I don't particularly hate those games but they get boring fast, so i'm more interested in games where the story is more important and the sex scenes aren't shoved in your face because they couldn't think of anything better to put in there.

So i'm wondering if some of you more well versed in these type of games have any recommendations. No not school HQ, timed choices are my mortal enemy....

Oh and they also need to run in Win 7 without me having to change to japanese locale, i have a sound amplifyer software that stops working when i do.

Anyway, grateful for any recommendations you lot have..

FS/N (didn't bother with the last story)

:(

have you read these(copy/paste of my list)?

good quality vn's i have read, and in my opinion, everyone should read:

1)fate stay night

2)fate hollow

3)crescendo

4)nacrissu

5)G senjou

6)clannad

7)sharin no kuni

8)ever17

9)katawa shoujo

10)cross channel

11)true remembrance

12)red shift

13)Kanon

14)Saya no ulta

15)Tsukihime

16)Kagetsu tohya(only if you enjoyed tsukihime)

17)Wind-a breath of heart

18)3 vn - muv luv extras+unlimited+alternative.

19)Chaos head

20)Swan song

21)Planetarian

22)Bible black

23)Kana little sister

24) Deardrops

25) Decapo

26)sharin fandisc

27)Black Bible - The infection

28) Steins gate

29) edelweiss

30) edelweiss - Eiden fantasia

31) A profile

32) Kirakira

33) My girlfriend is the president

34) Yumemirukurusi - the drug that makes you dream

35) Hanachirasu

36) Quartett!

37) Little Busters!

Oh and they also need to run in Win 7 without me having to change to japanese locale

oh..then a lot of them might not work..

Edited by pramit
So i'm more kinda looking for similar games then a specific "type".

I'm not much in to those dark VN's like Bible Black and the likes that include rape (both optional and not), but quite like games such as Otoboku or Snow Sakura.

I've read some of the recent releases and the "classics" like FS/N (didn't bother with the last story) Kanon, Shuffle etc...

But now i've kinda started having trouble finding similar games that isn't just pure nukige. I don't particularly hate those games but they get boring fast, so i'm more interested in games where the story is more important and the sex scenes aren't shoved in your face because they couldn't think of anything better to put in there.

So i'm wondering if some of you more well versed in these type of games have any recommendations. No not school HQ, timed choices are my mortal enemy....

Oh and they also need to run in Win 7 without me having to change to japanese locale, i have a sound amplifyer software that stops working when i do.

Anyway, grateful for any recommendations you lot have..

its actually rare for the types that you';ll like since you dont want to use jap locale

(my pc is always in jap locale)

but Katawa Shoujo, Kira Kira, Deardrops, Dengeki Strykers should be your pick then.,..

though MuvLuv Trilogy, Clannad, Ef, Himawari, G-senjou, E17 and Utawa is a must read in my opinion

without having to change to japanese locale?

first why do you not like change japanese local, is easy in window7. all you need to do only click, change and not need restart the pc. if you want to change it back do it the same way, in xp will be pain because you need the os disc and restart to apply the change.

Never said it was bad. It's a decent list. I'm just disappointed that Kamidori, Sengoku Rance, Inganock, Sharnoth, and Forest aren't in it. Seeing that I insisted that he play those 5 VNs long ago.

i have played kami, just didn't feel like adding that to the list.

the rest of them well..i'll get around to playing them eventually. Currently too engrossed with little busters!

its actually rare for the types that you';ll like since you dont want to use jap locale

(my pc is always in jap locale)

but Katawa Shoujo, Kira Kira, Deardrops, Dengeki Strykers should be your pick then.,..

though MuvLuv Trilogy, Clannad, Ef, Himawari, G-senjou, E17 and Utawa is a must read in my opinion

Well, if they work with windows applocale i can manage. :)

without having to change to japanese locale?

first why do you not like change japanese local, is easy in window7. all you need to do only click, change and not need restart the pc. if you want to change it back do it the same way, in xp will be pain because you need the os disc and restart to apply the change.

Because i'm using Breakaway audio Enhancer and it won't play sound when i change language.

:(

Sorry, i'm a weak man. :)

1)fate stay night - Read this.

2)fate hollow - Read about it on wiki but didn't get me interested.

3)crescendo - Read this.

4)nacrissu

5)G senjou

6)clannad - Read this.

7)sharin no kuni

8)ever17 - Tried it, didn't work.

9)katawa shoujo - Read this, i died a lot. :

10)cross channel

11)true remembrance

12)red shift

13)Kanon - Read this

14)Saya no ulta - Weeeeeeelll, probably won't bother.

15)Tsukihime - Tried, didn't work.

16)Kagetsu tohya(only if you enjoyed tsukihime)

17)Wind-a breath of heart - Interesting, will check it.

18)3 vn - muv luv extras+unlimited+alternative. - Tried, didn't work.

19)Chaos head

20)Swan song - Contains rape, even if it's avoidable i wouldn't be able to "complete" it..

21)Planetarian

22)Bible black - Oh god the mental scarring... That one got me seriously depressed :p

23)Kana little sister - Didn't work.

24) Deardrops - Will give another try.

25) Decapo - Can't remember but think it didn't work.

26)sharin fandisc - Don't i need to play the original first?

27)Black Bible - The infection - Scarring! :

28) Steins gate

29) edelweiss - Tried it, got too annoyed at the fat guy and that hunk of meat with a cookie complexion or whatever it was he ate... Will probably try again.

30) edelweiss - Eiden fantasia - If the first one is ok and those 2 guys aren't there.....

31) A profile

32) Kirakira - Played through 2 routes but only 3/4:ish of Kirari Shiino's. Didn't like the way it was heading.

33) My girlfriend is the president - Currently reading, having a hard time with the "story". To many references that's just confusing unless you play the paths in a specific order.

34) Yumemirukurusi - the drug that makes you dream - Played one route, got sad. Might try again. :)

35) Hanachirasu

36) Quartett! - Might try it, the style seems somewhat odd though.

37) Little Busters! - Been looking at it for a while.

That's just about most of the VN's i've read or tried to read.

Going to be hard to find a game that will run without the locale. However, I will second the suggestion of Katawa Shoujo, it should run without changing(one of the very few that will I believe), and is a great VN with a strong story.

Also, Shame on you, if you haven't read Heaven's Feel in Fate. That's like reading halfway through a paperback and then putting it down because a chapter that was good ended.

Yeah i know people really like HF but i just can't stomach it. Basically the story is TOO good, i played maybe an hour of it and ended up feeling physically ill. And that isn't enjoyable for me.

I don't like the bible black games for the same reason, i get too emotionally invested.