Animes that you reccomend

PapaKiki was pretty mediocre imo.

Valvrave is also suffering from a lot of the problems that plagued SEED, 00 Season 2, and Code Geass R2...gonna wait and see if it ends up as bad as the aforementioned, or if it gets better.

PapaKiki was pretty mediocre imo.

Valvrave is also suffering from a lot of the problems that plagued SEED, 00 Season 2, and Code Geass R2...gonna wait and see if it ends up as bad as the aforementioned, or if it gets better.

yeah yea...from first sight... I knew you are more interest in mecha :p

yeah yea...from first sight... I knew you are more interest in mecha :p

I'm not only into mecha. My tastes are varied. I just found PapaKiki to be highly disappointing because the writing was pretty bad and the plot direction was a mess.

The gif in my sig is a link, I'm the kind of person that can watch Evangelion right after K-On! and enjoy both.

I'm not only into mecha. My tastes are varied. I just found PapaKiki to be highly disappointing because the writing was pretty bad and the plot direction was a mess.

The gif in my sig is a link, I'm the kind of person that can watch Evangelion right after K-On! and enjoy both.

I guess you are the first person I found who said PapaKiki has bad plot...

I'm often discussing and sharing anime with my friends...I positive they have great expectation about this anime...

even my friend which is rarely watch anime... and on the contrary I found K-On! has boring plot...ummm how to say...I guess...plain?

and until now I keep delaying to watch evangelion...well...I preview it already...the art is really superb but the plot...meh I dont expect too much...

I guess... we have different taste...

and in addition code geass is the best among mecha after all... all hail lelouch!!

I guess you are the first person I found who said PapaKiki has bad plot...

I'm often discussing and sharing anime with my friends...I positive they have great expectation about this anime...

even my friend which is rarely watch anime... and on the contrary I found K-On! has boring plot...ummm how to say...I guess...plain?

and until now I keep delaying to watch evangelion...well...I preview it already...the art is really superb but the plot...meh I dont expect too much...

I guess... we have different taste...

and in addition code geass is the best among mecha after all... all hail lelouch!!

papakiki is decent for me..

the manga were funny...but not that good compared to nyaruko or oreimo or haganai...

K-on may have plain plot for you..

but the comedy and the attraction level is high..( cant get enough of Mio )

EVA were one of the best Mecha plot in the world..

Code Geass = best mecha anime???

you must be kidding ( says the one who felt Lulu were his clone )

though..by no doubt its one of SUNRISE best project in recent years

Zeta were the best Mecha anime of all time..Macross 2nd if not as good as Zeta

papakiki is decent for me..

the manga were funny...but not that good compared to nyaruko or oreimo or haganai...

yup...the comedy not good enough compared to haganai, and oreimo... (nyaruko on my next list)

but I'm more into moral, meaning and determination of the story...

( cant get enough of Mio )

as expected from tsundere lover...:p

EVA were one of the best Mecha plot in the world..

Code Geass = best mecha anime???

you must be kidding ( says the one who felt Lulu were his clone )

though..by no doubt its one of SUNRISE best project in recent years

Zeta were the best Mecha anime of all time..Macross 2nd if not as good as Zeta

since I state it already on my previous comment...people have different taste after all...

btw are you refer to http://myanimelist.net/anime/85/Mobile_Suit_Zeta_Gundam??

yup...the comedy not good enough compared to haganai, and oreimo... (nyaruko on my next list)

but I'm more into moral, meaning and determination of the story...

moral and meaning???

there's nothing but family incest love~~

as expected from tsundere lover...:p

its just obvious...

since I state it already on my previous comment...people have different taste after all...

btw are you refer to http://myanimelist.net/anime/85/Mobile_Suit_Zeta_Gundam??

people may have different taste..

but yeah,,,thats Zeta and mech lovers like Zeta

I didn't say PapaKiki's plot was bad, I said its direction was bad. Maybe I should rewatch it, but I do remember thinking the flow of the story felt a bit off. Characters weren't exactly likable either, usually I like tsunderes but Sora was annoying as hell and Yuuta was a limp noodle. I did like the character designs, but as we all know from Mashiroiro Symphony, character designs alone can't save you.

K-On and other KyoAni stuff like Hyouka and Tamako Market are kind of boring, true. But for whatever reason, I actually like that "boredom" that these series have - maybe it's because they're so peaceful and "normal" and it gives me a break from the war-torn Universal Century.

Code Geass is far from perfect. R1 was great, almost amazing, but R2 was fucking awful. I can go and list everything I hate about R2 but that can wait. Except for the ending, which was good.

I consider the first Gundam series and Zeta Gundam to be one experience, one should watch both to fully appreciate them because of the Char/Amuro thing. Definitely two of Tomino's best works. And yeah, SDF Macross is amazing. It's much more lighthearted than Gundam if that's your thing.

K-On and other KyoAni stuff like Hyouka and Tamako Market are kind of boring, true. But for whatever reason, I actually like that "boredom" that these series have - maybe it's because they're so peaceful and "normal" and it gives me a break from the war-torn Universal Century.

boredom...or should i say its the slice of life type that happens naturally

Code Geass is far from perfect. R1 was great, almost amazing, but R2 was fucking awful. I can go and list everything I hate about R2 but that can wait. Except for the ending, which was good.

dont rant bout R2//i know how it it goes...but the ending was superb

but many people want Lulu to pull a Akatsuki stunt >.>

I consider the first Gundam series and Zeta Gundam to be one experience, one should watch both to fully appreciate them because of the Char/Amuro thing. Definitely two of Tomino's best works. And yeah, SDF Macross is amazing. It's much more lighthearted than Gundam if that's your thing.

i know you'll agree on this XD

I did like the character designs, but as we all know from Mashiroiro Symphony, character designs alone can't save you.

agree

But for whatever reason, I actually like that "boredom" that these series have - maybe it's because they're so peaceful and "normal" and it gives me a break from the war-torn Universal Century.

I guess I agree for this one as well...

still remember my watch pattern...after watching Code Geass then K-On! somehow I feel season 1 better than season 2..IMO

SDF Macross is amazing. It's much more lighthearted than Gundam if that's your thing.

I'll looking forward for this...

dont rant bout R2//i know how it it goes...but the ending was superb

but many people want Lulu to pull a Akatsuki stunt >.>

lolz

I think I just saw double in here...

Anyway on topic

I think al "monogatari" series are awesome! Recently saw neko and it is superb

hoho...true

monogatari series is great...the character development is amazing

but I think neko never can beat senjougahara...:p

Edited by hansjr777
Araragi is a boss.

a total boss lol

[spoiler=small nise spoiler] http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0jjomPm071qc35m6.png

Since I'm here might as well recomment an anime I finished recently: Kaiji (both s1 and s2)

Suprisingly good anime with plot twists, fear of death, gambling, mind games aaaand manly tears :)

Edited by radiantmadness
Since I'm here might as well recomment an anime I finished recently: Kaiji (both s1 and s2)

Suprisingly good anime with plot twists, fear of death, gambling, mind games aaaand manly tears :)

Seconded, more people should check this series out. Really unique and VERY entertaining in several ways.

Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor - MyAnimeList.net

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't want to make a new thread, so I'm just going to ask for a recommendation here. Looking for an anime with cool infodumping (mystery, magic or shounen, etc). Must NOT have a VN adaptation (or if it does, it must be very unlikely to be translated). Should be a full season (24+ EPs) OR has at least 2 half-seasons (12+12). Don't mind the art much, I just want good writing. Maybe something with politics or sci-fi.

Edited by evollove
Don't want to make a new thread, so I'm just going to ask for a recommendation here. Looking for an anime with cool infodumping (mystery, magic or shounen, etc). Must NOT have a VN adaptation (or if it does, it must be very unlikely to be translated). Should be a full season (24+ EPs) OR has at least 2 half-seasons (12+12). Don't mind the art much, I just want good writing. Maybe something with politics or sci-fi.

I don't know if this fits, but what about To aru majutsu no index series, and the spinoffs to aru kagaku no railgun?

Also, it seems you have somewhat my same motto (location)... <.>