Can't play Rewrite

It's none of that. I got the same exact message and my graphics card is an AMD Radeon 6000 series. My sister knows japanese

and she said it read something along the lines of "this game is Japan only" and "hardware specs not matching region" stuff

I tried all sorts of stuff, then I thought it was probably something basic I might have overlooked,(In this case a fixed .exe) so I

scavenged the VN addons pages till I found it, and the game worked after that.

Now.. i didn't bookmark the page to give you the link to the exe files (it contained 3 exes to try them out)

but I can send you the exe that worked for me if you'd like..

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I have a problem regarding this game too.

Well first of all this is what I did after extracting part1 of rewrite this is what had appeared

Rewrite_disc1.iso

Rewrite_disc1.mds

Rewrite_disc2.iso

Rewrite_disc2.mds

So I tried mounting both of it and after that tried to run the rewrite-r3.exe

but the siglus (visual arts) is crashing

I don't what the steps of installing this so it would reallllllllly help a lot of people if anyone could give an instruction on how to install this.

Ps: pls help me I'm desperate

Ok I have a problem regarding this game too.

Well first of all this is what I did after extracting part1 of rewrite this is what had appeared

Rewrite_disc1.iso

Rewrite_disc1.mds

Rewrite_disc2.iso

Rewrite_disc2.mds

So I tried mounting both of it and after that tried to run the rewrite-r3.exe

but the siglus (visual arts) is crashing

I don't what the steps of installing this so it would reallllllllly help a lot of people if anyone could give an instruction on how to install this.

Ps: pls help me I'm desperate

Okay, did you mount them separately?

Mount disc 1.. and go ahead with the installation. After it tells you to mount disc 2, unmount disc 1 and mount disc 2. Run the patch after you install the game. Get the final Rewrite patch here Amaterasu Translations. If siglus still doesn't work, read the readme from the link. There are a few things you can do.

Okay, did you mount them separately?

Mount disc 1.. and go ahead with the installation. After it tells you to mount disc 2, unmount disc 1 and mount disc 2. Run the patch after you install the game. Get the final Rewrite patch here Amaterasu Translations. If siglus still doesn't work, read the readme from the link. There are a few things you can do.

ow and also am I suppose to only mount the .iso files or the mds?

or both?

Sorry to bother you guys again but I just can't figure out how to fix this bug.

I was able to run it by these following steps:

. I tried mounting disc_1iso and disc 2 iso in both different virtual driver

. tried installing the patch in local disc C (which is Key folder)

. After that I tried copying the game data from disc 1 to the key folder

. then I copied the game data in disc 2 then saved it in the same folder where I had pasted the game data of disc 1 (which is both inside the Key folder)

. By pasting the disc 2 game data in the same folder I had replaced the things that was saved in the game data of disc 1

. then after that I replaced the SiglusEngine.exe in Game Data with the SiglusEngine.exe in the "no DVD"(which is inside the folder where you extract Rewrite).

. Then I started playing it by clicking the new "siglusengine.exe" in the game data.

But for some reason I simply get this kind of bug

Rewrite_zps7ec84f25.png

I do have my regional settings in japanese. Can anyone pls help me T^T I don't know if I did the right steps so it would be reaaaallllly helpful if anyone can give out the instructions on how to install this.

Also I can't seem to put it in full screen and the only thing I can click is the start game.

Edited by Ushio

Don't even use the nodvd that came with Rewrite. You don't need it. Just do these steps (after you completely uninstall the game, might as well start over)

1. Mount disc 1. Run the setup. It'll start installing the game

2. It'll ask you to put in disc 2. Just UNMOUNT disc1, and MOUNT disc2. Just do the disc1 and disc2 stuff separately instead of trying to mount both of them.

3. Installation finished. Run the latest Rewrite english patch

4. Run Siglus. (don't use the nodvd, the english patch will make it so you don't need to keep the .iso mounted)

If Siglus isn't working at this point, use the Siglus that OMA provided earlier and replace that after step number 4.

Edited by desi

The fact that the installer doesn't ask you to insert disc 2 already shows that there's something wrong.

>After that I tried copying the game data from disc 1 to the key folder

>then I copied the game data in disc 2 then saved it in the same folder where I had pasted the game data of disc 1 (which is both inside the Key folder)

>By pasting the disc 2 game data in the same folder I had replaced the things that was saved in the game data of disc 1

Have you completely removed and deleted all the stuff that you'd copied earlier before you tried to install it properly on your second attempt?

Have you tried running it inside your Rewrite folder? Should look like this inside http://puu.sh/25px4

Yea, you're supposed to run it INSIDE the rewrite folder.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

ok now I'm able to run it but there's still a problem.

this is what I did:

1. I mounted disc_1iso. file then click the autorun, there were bunch of japanese text so I just keep clicking the left buttonRewrite!.png

2. After installing it gave me a message to put on disc 2, so I unmount disc 1 then mount disc 2 after installing it something pop up with a japanese text, but since it has only 1 button I pressed it.

3 I installed the patch where the rewrite folder is. And so I was able to run Rewrite by it automatically playing after installing but the text is all over the place and I even tried putting the thing that OMA has given, but even so the outcome is still the same.

BUGBUG.png

Not only the text but I can't use the configuration and the options only the start game and exit are the ones I can click.