Hello...I was a fan of the Koihime Musou series ever since I downloaded the game from this place.

I was waiting patiently for the Shin Koihime Musou partial translation to be done for quite a while.

Since I come and go to check out new releases of English version of eroge here now and then, I don't really know what happened or when it happen...but I just got to know so I made a account to ask.

As I was saying today when I check the partial translated download section of the site, I found that Shin Koihime Musou has been removed from that page, I wonder what happened?

Did the translation group just stop the project?

I've also been checking out the Asian community translations of this game, but from what I've googled I don't think they made any progress other then the last partial translation patch 0.1v

(They finished Shoku faction main line, as well as partial Go and Gi faction main line)

Anyways...thank you for everyone's time reading this and hope I can get some info about this topic and if can, some info on translation progress of this series.

Thanks!

I don't remember Shin Koihime Musou ever being in the partial translated download section of this site nor having an English translation at any point in time. Are you sure you don't have it confused with something else? I mean, even Koihime wasn't a fan translation project.. MangaGamer did it.

Edited by desi
I don't remember Shin Koihime Musou ever being in the partial translated download section of this site nor having an English translation at any point in time. Are you sure you don't have it confused with something else? I mean, even Koihime wasn't a fan translation project.. MangaGamer did it.

I know Koihime Musou was done by MangaGamer, but I'm quite sure at the partial translated download page had a link that lead to the forum about Shin Koihime Musou.

That's why I was surprise to find the link and topic gone when I came back to do some check up on the progress.....

I am also quite a Koihime fan and I took the game from this site about a year or so and since then I looked for Shin Koihime translations but its dry

Nothing at all not even a partial like you suggest but I may be wrong.

But yeah the only hope of playing that is to learn jap :(

hmmm...like I said since I was waiting patiently for it to be done, thus I did not download the patch from this forum...so I can't prove anything at the moment.

I am positive there was something though.....

Since there WAS a group making English translations so I didn't suggest this at that time; even though I do not understand Japanese but I am a fluent in Chinese.

I can help if the group is still interested in the project, I could get the Chinese patch and translate it in English to help what was not already translated. (Just the translation though~lol...dunno how to make patches)

meh...still need to know what actually happened though

• 1 month later...

Shin Koihime Musou is about 3x the length of Koihime Musou, and Mangagamer has stated that the market is too small at this point to cover the cost of the license (including voices) and the cost of translation. Considering the original Koihime Musou only sold ~2000 copies (and that was their bestseller), it's really no surprise that they won't commit to such a large project. Honestly, we'll be lucky if they even throw the occasional non-nukige our way considering the pitiful sales of Mangagamer's titles.

As an aside, I think the original Koihime Musou is awful, though I'm sure there's those who'd disagree. Shin Koihime Musou is supposed to be better written.

As an aside, I think the original Koihime Musou is awful, though I'm sure there's those who'd disagree. Shin Koihime Musou is supposed to be better written.

Shin Koihime is way better than Koihime..about 10times

and Karin now have her own route XD (the best in SKH)

Shin Koihime Musou is about 3x the length of Koihime Musou

Are you sure about that? Because Koihime is quite long and, for example, on vndb there's written >50 hours for the first and 30-50 hours for Shin (supposedly the time needed to complete every scene). I ask because I'm not well informed but I know that Shin has an awful lot of heroines and it actually makes sense that it would be longer, but until now I thought that maybe there are more heroines but less scenes for each.

Are you sure about that? Because Koihime is quite long and, for example, on vndb there's written >50 hours for the first and 30-50 hours for Shin (supposedly the time needed to complete every scene). I ask because I'm not well informed but I know that Shin has an awful lot of heroines and it actually makes sense that it would be longer, but until now I thought that maybe there are more heroines but less scenes for each.

the scripts and ploy is longer..

and you have the choice to involve in 3 different kingdom..

but koihime were considered long because of those time wasting gameplay..but in reality..its about 30something hours to read everything

while..each route in SKH..takes roughly a bout 20something to 30 hours plus~

the scripts and ploy is longer..

and you have the choice to involve in 3 different kingdom..

but koihime were considered long because of those time wasting gameplay..but in reality..its about 30something hours to read everything

while..each route in SKH..takes roughly a bout 20something to 30 hours plus~

I recently played it so I can say that Koihime is 40+ hours (but not much more of a round 40 hours imo) of text only if you read every scene, but the battles are quick... they are annoying and silly and one feels like it takes more because of the Ougi scenes, but they are still ~20 battles 10-15 minutes long, just think that the Home Base Phases/Battles ratio is pretty much 2:1. Is Shin Koihime gameplay any different?

Edited by Uzuki Sepia