Visual Novels Translation Status [05/05/2013]

It's still better to get a schnitzel without french fries than getting no schnitzel..

That might be true, but while you're munching on the meat there will always be some feeling of regret and anger in you belly. And that's propably not a digestive-related problem...

As for the ero problem: it might be possible to insert the english text into the original VN. Let's hope for the best!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with desi.

The bottom of the homepage shows it'll have an ESRB rating. Since they'll actually be submitting it to the ESRB, I highly doubt it'll have any ero content.

Well, there have been games that got the AO rating. No store will actually carry it, but it's being sold over the internet, that wouldn't matter.

Some info about it straight from MG

C'mon guys, stop pre-ordering from Play-Asia!

We're working on getting the webpage for it up on our website right now, actually. So you'll be able to buy it directly from us in a few days. Once it's ready we'll be making a post with more details about the game. For one thing, the translation is being handled by Active Gaming Media [AGM], the same company that worked on Demon's Souls and No More Heroes.

To quickly answer some of the major questions though:

1) Yes, it will be all-ages. We informed AGM how the visual novel audience feels about the removal of erotic content, but after discussing our advice with their client, they decided to make it all-ages in order to try and approach a wider market. (They've already submitted the game to the ESRB for review and a rating.)

2) As for the demo version currently available on their website--they have informed us that what is currently on the site is NOT the final version of the scripts. The scripts are currently still undergoing review and editing.

Source: MangaGamer.com • View topic - Birth of a new English VN company Moenovel

Thats what fan-made ero patches are for.

Because all-ages releases like Aselia the Eternal always get a fan-made patch that reinserts the H-scenes.

I think the decision to censor the H-scenes is a really bad move that demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the English market. And by English market, I mean their potential customers.

Because all-ages releases like Aselia the Eternal always get a fan-made patch that reinserts the H-scenes.

I think the decision to censor the H-scenes is a really bad move that demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the English market. And by English market, I mean their potential customers.

You're wrong, the +18 version was never translated in the first place.

Dakkodango (translators) made the patch for the +12 because it contained the 2 extra routes for Kyouko and Tokimi.

Kono ichi no Hate de completely lacks all of the rape/sex/naughty scenes, and has no equivalents whatsoever.

The adult graphics replacer basically takes off the towels on the spirits for the bath scenes, and makes some characters have "panty shots" in some of the cg gallery pictures.

I saw a picture somewhere on the net of Aeselia standing over you with blood spattered on her, and her panties showing for virtually no reason in that scene when you first meet her.

Normally it looks like she does fully armored with no blood.

Edited by Ryu

It seems sarcasm doesn't cross the Wired very well. Aselia the Eternal was officially released by JAST USA, essentially the same product that was fan-translated by Dakkodango. The adult scenes have not been reinserted by fans. I present this as a contradiction of the claim that such scenes can "just be patched back in later". Also, there IS a version of Eien no Aselia that has all the added content from the PS2 version AND the adult material from the original. JAST chose not to localize this "ultimate" version because the loli content made them squeamish (other reasons too, but this was the dealbreaker).

Personally, I played Aselia the Eternal in the original Japanese, and although I bought the localized version I have no motivation to play a censored game.

Edited by sanahtlig