Hey I have two questions. 1. How old is Kotarou in the normal routes? I mean from Kotori's route it seems he might actually be a few years older than everyone in his class. 2. Is the Terra route on a different timeline or something? Because it seems Kotarou is much older than all the girls, but in the normal routes it seems like Nishi and imaniya(can't spell his name) know him from somewhere? Or am I wrong.

Might want to throw a spoiler tag or spoiler warning up there.

Anyways, did you finish the game?

Remember the Terra bad ending? That's what happens in each of the five routes. He gets the drug administered and forgets the events. Kotori uses the ribbon to save him and his aging gets slowed down while in the coma. Touka and the others know about him, but obviously he doesn't remember. Now in Terra, he goes down a different path. In each of the other paths, he would get injured by Kagari. In Terra, he leaves the forest and does nothing to her.

Rewrite End Game Spoilers

From what I remember, Kotarou is a few years older (10 years I think?) than the girls. The reason he doesn't look it is that he is aged really slowly while in a coma for cca. 10 years and because he became half-human, half-familiar with the use of Kagami's ribbon.

The Terra route is simply what happens if Kotarou had never attacked Kagami and ended up in a coma (which is why there is a bad end in the terra route when you attack her, and you end up starting from when the game normally starts(ie the 5 heroine routes)).

Edit: Haha, beaten to it by Desi.

koutarou starts off way older than the heroines. like desi said , every normal heroine route follow Terra's bad ending where koutarou attacks and tries to restrain Kagari in the forest and gets himself all mangled up , thats when a younger kotori "fixes" him with a ribbon , making his ageing slow in the process. You can assume koutarou has been in a coma for a bunch of years since all heroines are closer to his age by the time the VN starts. Of course with the drug he doesnt remember anything. Terra's route takes an ever17'ish approach in terms of different possible branches of reality (the tree diagram Kagari is constantly building). She does this because she wants to save Earth as possible but thats only possible by creating better memories so the planet doesnt enter re-evolution (the planet kills everything in the face of the earth and uses their recycled energy to build more stable lifeforms that do not threathen it , because the planet is a living being as well (TREEHUGGING). ANYWAYS , Terra's route throws away all doom and gloom that pretty much all other routes end up in and forces you to choose the only branch of reality in which its possible for koutarou to create "better memories" (all those greyed out choices mean that they lead to humanity's extinction)

TL;DR = BURIKKU...............WINKERU?

[spoiler=rewrite and g senjou]

Touka and the others know about him, but obviously he doesn't remember.

i know its for the sake of terra, but normally such a big thing would have been revealed at least in the guardian routes. Esaka doesn't even hint about it, only imamiya seems to hint at it during their first meeting. But well, this sort of thing is common in order to preserve the plot or something(for instance, in g senjou, maou is perfectly in sync with azai kun during the heroine side routes with no room for any other interpretation)

Edited by pramit
  • 2 weeks later...
[spoiler=rewrite and g senjou]

i know its for the sake of terra, but normally such a big thing would have been revealed at least in the guardian routes. Esaka doesn't even hint about it,

And why should he hint abut it?

[spoiler=Rewrite][A weak low-ranked superhuman lost his memories and doesn't age/aging slowly when he's in coma. Compared to what the high-ranked Guardian officer can do, that's not even that big a thing. What does revealing it would achieve? There's no point in it. Esaka is trying to protect him from further harm and doing that is just the opposites of it. And in case you don't remember, Akane did hinted on it in her route. http://puu.sh/2WAqm[ So it's not that all preserve. There's even a CG showing a loli Akane in Kotarou's dream.

But of course, Rewrite is too fucking long that by the time people reach Moon and Terra most of them may have forgotten what the heroine routes was foreshadowing before. Heh.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf