Yandere Review by OneManArmy

This review is kinda spoilerish so you may want to avoid it!

Although I don't think this is necessary.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/OneManArmy369/nhje_zpslsichqzm.jpg

Description

This is a kill or be killed brutal and deadly love story. Can you stay alive all the way to the ending?

The girls are all violently possessive and go head over heels after sex. Every single one of them is sick!!

Please be aware that there are elements in the story that the faint of heart may find too grotesque.

The vocals are not part of the main program. They are only there as bonus material.

Art

I liked the work of the artist because he mainly used dark and bold colors and I'm a fan of those. He also created a great difference (through the facial expressions) between the cute and the berserker side of the heroines. There were two weird looking CGs though but whatever. Oh and the backgrounds were solid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Music

The music is rather mediocre and there are like 5 different tracks in total, which is obviously not a lot of variety. I did like that standard guitar theme because it was kinda laid-back but well, you certainly don't play this game for its music. And to be honest, I turned the music off after clearing half of the routes and listened to other stuff. The sound effects were okay I guess.

Voices

I just want to note that this game doesn't have any voices. There's like one voiced sentence at the good end of each route but that's it. Man, this game would have been a lot better with voices, especially when those girls turn into yandere.

The Characters

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/OneManArmy369/wmxr_zps7db4endz.jpg

Saki is your over-protective and slicetastic childhood friend who cares more about you than about herself. She mainly cooks food for you or wants to have sex, these are basically her two reasons to live.

As for the rest of the day, well, she pretty much stalks you whenever she finds the time for it. Also, she's a yandere.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/OneManArmy369/rul2_zpsuienqvjx.jpg

Yuumi is a big boobed teacher of doom from your school who's kinda outgoing but not a person you want to have as your teacher. She's in love with the protagonist since a long time and often picks him in class for reading stuff aloud. She also abuses her authority quite often to force the protagonist to meet with her after school to...give him eh, some private lessons in biology. Also, she's a yandere.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/OneManArmy369/abif_zpsxzpcp42c.jpg

Maika is your shy and cute kohai who always has some safety pins in reach but remember, still waters run deep. She was, and still is, someone who gets bullied and the protagonist helped her once and that's the reason why she felt in love with him. She doesn't play a big role in the other routes besides her own but she certainly knows how to ruin your day. Also, she's a yandere.

Story

The story is very deep and focuses on many little details which will later form a big picture full of awesomeness and...wait, what story? No seriously, you get some slice of life stuff at the beginning which is suddenly destroyed by the jaelousy and bloodlust of the girls, that's it. I would rather call it a setting than a story.

Score

I really wanted to play that game last christmas where it originally was planned to be released but I couldn't, so now my motiviaton was a little bit weaker. Anyway, I enjoyed the game because visual novels where you can see a lot of gore or bloody² scenes are kinda rare. And the game did a fantastic good job when it comes to the protagonist because he really sucks ass, I hate him, fucking shithead. But exactly because of this I was able to enjoy his deaths to my heart's content and I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to hate the protagonist. My favourite route is the one of Saki, although I've to admit that Maika's was the best one in terms of insanity. It's not really surprising and I don't want to be Cpt.Obvious but if you like Yandere then go for this game.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc486/OneManArmy369/v7t6_zpsfwq74o68.jpg

^How can you say no to her?

6,4/10

Edited by OneManArmy

Nice review, doesn't really look like it spoils anything except a wee bit in the character descriptions (but even then it's not bad). Yandere's really not my thing, so I'll avoid it myself, but I'm sure this'll be helpful for people who are interested in a bunch of jealous girls killing a douchebag protag; I suppose there is some catharsis in the act.