Muv-luv alternative... anime?

Yo guys!

So yeah i almost pissed myself playing muv luv series, is by far my favorite game ever, then i noticed they made an anime of it \( ^0^)/

Is it worth watching? i mean would it kill my perfect game memories? just what happened with silent hill 2, the 1st movie was awesome, then i saw then 2nd one... i wish i have never done that =_=

At the end i ended with a lot of questions,

did Sumika actually controlled the beta when they attacked with the 1st susano-o? why dint the beta attacked the escape stations that were being built for alternative V? what kind of creature did the "beta king" meant as the only silicon-living creature? what happened at the end with the "beta world"?

Did the anime recalls that kind of events or is just a side story? i saw the image and i cant recognize any of the characters

So the ending question: Is it worth seeing?

The anime is Total Eclipse, the side story to Alternative. It doesn't adapt that epic VN that you just played. It adapts Muv-Luv Alternative - Total Eclipse and only 2/3rds of it. I haven't watched it and I probably don't plan to, but a lot of Muv luv fans did not like it. But who knows, maybe you'll like it.. just remember that it won't adapt what you played.

For anyone interested: Age's president wanted to make the anime adaptation of the trilogy but for sponsor-related problems we endend up getting MLTE adaptation and statements declaring that the animation of the trilogy would have depended on the success of MLTE anime sales. And MLTE sales were mediocre.

It should be all on ANN.

There are few good episodes, but rest of them is below average. It should provide a bit of entertainment as long as you won`t expect deep story or interesting character development etc. You won`t find any deeper connection with MLA except for the same world, beta and a bit of trivia. In other words it shouldn`t disturb your memories connected with a MLA in any way.

I enjoyed the anime, but mainly because it was a nice reminder of MLA more than it being a 'good' anime in its own right. There are also a few references to the trilogy that you wouldn't know without playing them (like G-elements were mentioned a couple of times, I think). It's also full of fan service, but...oh well. The first couple of episodes were pretty cool, and the last few were also quite nice, but some of the middle-ly ones were a little naff. One thing that was cool is you get to see some of the different TSF designs from around the world, and it is in a different perspective since they're not actually based in Japan. If you liked MLA, you'll probably get a kick out of watching the anime, even if it's not the greatest piece of work (don't expect amazing character development, but it's a bit of fun).

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod