Grisaia no Kajitsu Problems

Well, we finally get Grisaia no Kajitsu and there are bound to be people that run into problems.

First, let's start with the basics.

1. Download and install the game. Make sure you have Japanese locale on.

2. Download the English patch or here. Grab the improved v1.1 English patch here http://tsukuru.info/dl/download.php?id=50. You don't need to install the 1.01 patch for the game as the English patch does this for you.

Note: Even though the game version says 1.0 after you install the English patch, the 1.01 updates did get installed, so don't worry about that.

3. If all goes well, you should be able to run it.

Remember that the video patch available on the tlwiki page is used ONLY if you want subtitles in game. It's generally not recommended since you'll have much inferior video quality, so if you want subs for the OPs and EDs, you should probably just use the torrent available for separate videos.

Issue #1: Can't save - check to see if %APPDATA%\Frontwing\Grisaia no Kajitsu exists in your computer. If not, a save folder has not been created for you and you'll run into various problems with the game. This is because you probably have weird symbols in your username like ö, etc. To fix this, make a new windows account with normal letters and run the game from there.

Another way to do this if you don't want to make a new account or change your account name is to open up the startup.xml file in the config folder via notepad and you'll see :

%USERPROFILE%\%brand%\%title%

And change it to:

.\save

Issue #2: Black Screens/Can't play OPs/EDs - You'll need to make sure you have a proper codec pack installed like CCCP.

Issue #3: Sachi's route option is in Japanese - Download and put this http://t.co/PfdhROpHQl in your game folder.

Feel free to post problems you run into and I'll add them if there is a solution and if they're worth pointing out.

Edited by desi
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I installed the game and the patch fine (Everything is in english), but if I change the resolution to anything over 800x600 (Both fullscreen and windowed) and start playing I can't do anything but left click or the game will crash. Any key I press just freezes and crashes the game. I have CCCP installed and my username has no crazy characters, so I have no idea why this would happen. Any insite would be great. Thanks!

Hmm, that's weird. I can suggest the usual stuff like

1. Try to right click and run as administrator. Then try to go to your options and change the resolution and see if it works.

or

2. Run in compatibility mode by right clicking the .exe and choosing a operating system like windows xp

Are you running the game on Windows 7? 8?

No idea why, but reinstalling it and then running it in Japanese Local works. Thank you very much for trying to help me!

Glad you got it to work. Did you not have it on Japanese locale the first time?

Got this error after installing the game and applying the patch.

I´ve updated my directx but keeps giving me this error [ATTACH=CONFIG]9421[/ATTACH]

You may need to download the runtime libraries for directX (older drivers for 2005>2008 software)

google: directx runtime installer, download it and install it, then try running Grisaia again.

Q: I'm not sure, what's the wizard asking for here?

http://i40.tinypic.com/1zcoi0j.jpg

Because I thought it was asking for the path but I read something about a password

You only get that if you're not connected to the internet while installing the game or click that key button for manual input. If you just click next without clicking that other button (above back, next and quit) then it will just authenticate it automatically and you don't need to write anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can just install the English patch v1.1. It's the updated patch. That's the only patch you have to download after downloading the game. The admin just hasn't gotten around to updating it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
desi do u know where to download / know the password for installing the game ? my friend and i encounter the same problem after we DL the game and then install it, the game require Password in the installing session, can help ? :(

Are you referring to this problem? https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-tech-support/2973-grisaia-no-kajitsu-problems-2/#post57913

• 1 month later...

I downloaded and instaled the game

I did all the things that the Installation Instructions say, the game starts but if i klick on Configuration/System the game freezes i can change all the other settings like sound or text without problems

so anyone has a clue whats wrong?

(realy sorry for my bad english i hope you understand the things i want to ask/say:D)

Edited by pyzx
I downloaded and instaled the game

I did all the things that the Installation Instructions say, the game starts but if i klick on Configuration/System the game freezes i can change all the other settings like sound or text without problems

so anyone has a clue whats wrong?

(realy sorry for my bad english i hope you understand the things i want to ask/say:D)

*try running the game on a window or fullscreen depending on the display mode you were using while running it.

*download the bugfix patches that the translators issued after release

*run the game under compatibility settings for windows xp (this way you'll disable several graphic upgrades [directx10] which might be causing you trouble if you're on a low end pc)

*google and download directx runtime installer, install and update if needed

*run the game as admin

hope this helps :3

*try running the game on a window or fullscreen depending on the display mode you were using while running it.

*download the bugfix patches that the translators issued after release

*run the game under compatibility settings for windows xp (this way you'll disable several graphic upgrades [directx10] which might be causing you trouble if you're on a low end pc)

*google and download directx runtime installer, install and update if needed

*run the game as admin

hope this helps :3

Yeah Thank you it works fine now :D