Violet Hill: A Community VN Project - Development

Update:

Current votes for 5th heroine:

non loli kuudere - 3

classic tsundere - 2

trap - 1

dandere -1

We already have a kuudere XD 2 kuudere in a single VN?

Why do I suspect this will be the winning personality? x3

By the way: PLEASE DO VOTE ON HAIR COLOR, HAIRSTYLE, BODY BUILD AND 3 SIZES.

otherwise I will use the finger of creation and give her the looks that match my tastes. :3

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I do feel the first chapter is very fast paced, mostly because I'm not sure if it's a good idea to introduce characters every other chapter.(I ended up introducing 3 of them in a single go)"

Hmmmm...I mean there's certainly different ways to go about it, sort of depends. It might be the type of thing where you'll have to write a little bit and see whether it works or not. You could have brief glimpses of the other characters in the hallway in previous chapters to not really 'introduce' them as such, but just to give a little bit of playful foreshadowing. Or maybe have a rumour circulate around about one of them just to make the reader a little interested. You might want the other heroine to not actually attend their school, that might be an interesting dynamic (if you want, you could even have them part of a sister school (that's maybe very small?) that borrows some of the facilities so she's an unofficial member of their club...if she even has to be involved with it at all! Just an idea). Also be sure to be careful when writing so that things don't become too...'crowded' with too many heroines. Side characters are a little better in that respect (I mean look at seacats!...mind you, you have to be pretty confident in your ability if you want that many characters), but just a general word of advice.

Anywho, still not completely sure what I want the final heroine to be...definitely NOT a trap (sorry yachi), but I probably don't want another kuudere (as much as I love them) or else there might be some characterization steric hindrance. Dunno, sort of depends what sort of character the loli kuudere is since there's mini archetypes (these are often mixed in with each other).

1. Controlled kuudere (One of the common types) - Pretty in control of her emotions, and, as a result, has a cool exterior presented by her emotional control. More subtle actions imply a lot more from her than from other people. Often rather snarky and blunt. May be completely anti-social (borderline dandere?).

2. Just Introverted (Other common type; sort of like me in real life...) - Kuudere appearance to strangers and people she doesn't know that well. Friends will know the person as caring and lovable (hell, even very talkable), but they won't talk much to people outside their close circle of friends; slow to warm up to, can often be cynical and snarky at first. My favourite type

3. Mood-dependent kuudere - May be kuu one day she's in a bad mood and dere the next day. Not my favourite type as it's borderline clinical insanity, but it's a type that exists.

4. Tsun-Kuudere - Akin to yumiko in grisaia (just don't make her route terrible). Can show physical aggressiveness occasionally (especially with people she doesn't know), or can just come off being provocative. More tsun tsun elements can probably be incorperated.

5. Dandere - Yeah, I know it's not kuudere but it's sort of a close offshoot. I tend not to like them as much as kuudere.

Or you could have an eccentric and aloof person. Maybe kuu-esque?...Dunno. Throw a scientist and/or tomboy in there for fun maybe. If they're a scientist, make them a biochemist because they're the best types of scientists.

Conclusion: I don't know.

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod
Guys, don't forget about this: x3

well, Haircolor/style... Long and (preferably) straight dark hair is my fav by far (my sig, Haru and Tsugumi as example)! As for body build and sizes, dunno just something normal/average.

And yes, that's right... I'm bringing a boring and probably too normal opinion in this topic, haha. There will be no 'physically aggressive tsundere', 'non loli kuudere', etc... from me :D

well, Haircolor/style... Long and (preferably) straight dark hair is my fav by far! As for body build and sizes, dunno just something normal/average.

And yes, that's right... I'm bringing a boring and probably too normal opinion in this topic, haha. There will be no 'physically aggressive tsundere', 'non loli kuudere', etc... from me :D

You sir, are a man of fine tastes. ;3

Update:

Current votes for 5th heroine:

non loli kuudere - 3

classic tsundere - 3

dandere - 2

trap -3 (oh God)

We have a tie. Next vote will essentially decide everything so, think carefully before you do.

5th heroine appearance FINAL:

Straight long Onyx hair, average build, indigo blue eyes, clear skin, humble fronts.

Update: Adding Heterochromia to final heroine (dark green and indigo blue) why? because it's a bloody great idea!!! :DDDDD

Edited by Helvetica Standard
We have a tie. Next vote will essentially decide everything so, think carefully before you do.

classic tsundere (don't make her too agressive, please)

Update: Adding Heterochromia to final heroine (dark green and indigo blue) why? because it's a bloody great idea!!! DDDD

+1

She should wear a slightly longer skirt though, you can see her ass in the second picture.

I second the longer skirt,

Man, you're hard to please!

Her sprites are complete, you should have told me yesterday right after she was created. XD

You don't have to worry as her sprite wont expose her unmentionables in any way and her casual outfit is on the conservative side.

As I was saying in the SB last night... I can't believe I haven't included a single blasted pantyshot in my VN! I foking love pantyshots!

urgh...must..resist...must resist...