Demon Master Chris error

You two huh? I figured out the problem. I think. How much memory do you have? It kept crashing when I had it and Firefox open at the same time. For some reason or another, Firefox steadily takes up more and more memory the longer its open and so does Demon Master Chris. The "solution" was to close the former and leave the latter open. This prevented more crashes but then the slowdowns start. Again, it could be attributed to the fact that I only have 3GB of memory and I have no idea why the game keeps jumping from 200MB of it to 900MB in mere minutes.

tl;dr Close the other memory hogs.

Again, it could be attributed to the fact that I only have 3GB of memory and I have no idea why the game keeps jumping from 200MB of it to 900MB in mere minutes.

Seriously? Even with 3 gbs memory, this thing still slows down or even crashes? Damn, my notebook is 2gb....

It's not the lappies or the RAM, It's the engine. DMC was programmed with Ren'py

This is an infamous "memory overflow" error that happens sometimes when handling

many lines of code. Using 1 or 2 script sheets manages to save a lot of resources but

this is not the case with DMC (conventionally speaking the game is poorly coded and not optimized for low end pc's)

What you can do is to try and run it under compatibility settings for XP and disable transitions and effects

within the settings menu, this will prevent the game from crashing often. If you're on a netbook make sure you have

the "high performance" power plan enabled (control panel ---> power options )

It's not the lappies or the RAM, It's the engine. DMC was programmed with Ren'py

This is an infamous "memory overflow" error that happens sometimes when handling

many lines of code. Using 1 or 2 script sheets manages to save a lot of resources but

this is not the case with DMC (conventionally speaking the game is poorly coded and not optimized for low end pc's)

What you can do is to try and run it under compatibility settings for XP and disable transitions and effects

within the settings menu, this will prevent the game from crashing often. If you're on a netbook make sure you have

the "high performance" power plan enabled (control panel ---> power options )

So long as I can play this thing without having to close Firefox. Also...

update!

http://i.imgur.com/YSORz80.png

How'd you get those bars? I see a bit of red and green for me but how do the bars show up for you? Furthermore, how long did it take for you to grind that high?

How'd you get those bars? I see a bit of red and green for me but how do the bars show up for you?

Huh? I don't know what you mean but it appears when I "Arrange A Party".

Furthermore, how long did it take for you to grind that high?

2-3 hours. It depends on the area where you grind and your current level. Some tips which I just discovered myself.

1. Increase the stats of Chris only! She's your DAMAGER and TANKER althroughout the game.

2. Never change her clothes. Keep her in her original GothicPunk outfit. It increases her thunder attacks, therefore buy only THUNDERSTORM.

3. Chris should be on the first slot always. When you managed to boost her STATS, she can do CRTICALS at first attacks, saving APs for your minions and their lives.

Grinding:

1. Do it close to the portal.

2. Don't buy potions! You have 6 members in a party with 3 doing the actual battle. Switch minions when their health is on critical level. They can regain their health unless they're DEAD or STRIPPED NAKED^^

3. NOTE: Check your EXPs during grinding. If you're receiving 2-3 exP per battle, then go to the next higher dungeon.

Update!

http://i.imgur.com/JRCuLKD.jpg

I bet the game twice but hit the BAD END. I missed a dungeon. Oh, listen to you minions when you "Hangout with your Party" they give important infos... and keep visiting Anna if available. Try to captre all the kinds of minions. They hold important infos.

Me, on the other hand, I have this problem

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9891[/ATTACH]

It says something about an ordinance (maybe a missing file) called swscale2.dll

Xana, my love

Nope, you're just missing a .dll file. it comes with the game and it's supposed to be inside the lib/windowsi86 something something folder

if it's not there then redownload the game, maybe it's corrupt or didn't download at all.

lov

• 7 months later...

Uhh...not sure whether Im posting this in the right place or not but...BUt I have checked EVERWHERE to try get my Demon Master Chris to work correctly and I honestly have no idea. The VP and AP bars along with like the bars in which the shops items names are in are not showing up. It's really irritating to play when I just have to look at numbers in battle. -_- If someone could point me in the right direction of a solution to this problem, that would be great. :D

• 4 months later...

i can't save plz help i need to save i have the most shittiest RAM and it over heats (i'm too poor to get more fans so don't ask plz) so i need to turn my computer to cool it off so i need to be able to save to turn it off it keep saying something went wrong i don't understand what it says the only thing i do understand is one word and that is error TTnTT