Visual Novels Translation Status [04/20/2014]

Hmmm I'd have to say the school days MC was worse in my opinion. Sawada Yusuke was an absolute wuss and he was such a wuss I had to drop that VN part way through because I couldn't stand him but at least he wasn't a compete and total asshole like Makoto. I felt sorry for Yusuke kinda (even if I couldn't stand him) but Makoto pissed me off.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

I don't see the point in your explanation to be honest. By going with the "It's not like the author fucked it up by accidentally forgeting his guns and superpowers. He is supposed to be a spineless wuss." logic, all of the characters are written as intended. I compared his "suckness" to that School Days MC. Maybe you're implying that the School Days MC "happened by accident" and he was not supposed to turn out like that?

It doesn't make much difference in any case, the MC sucks no matter if it's intended or someone was holding the writer at gunpoint forcing him to write a character that like. Ah, one more thing. There's also this thing called opinion, but that's for another post. :>

Of course every character is intended (unless the author used a random generator to write).

On the actual topic: everybody is free to dislike characters and their defining tropes. You should just be aware that they are not "bad" in the sense of badly written, only in the sense of "I don't like them" if you happen to not enjoy their concepts and the author's intention. In this regard Heart de Roommate actually does a lot things right (especially the emotionless girl in the middle).

Edited by Cross

I actually loved the entire School Days series. Yes, Makoto is a dick (literally and figuratively) but his character role is not only intended, but brilliant. It's like Joffrey, everyone hates him, because he does a damn good job of being hated. That being said, gotta give Makoto props... he's a PLAYER in the most ridiculous sense of the word.

Of course every character is intended (unless the author used a random generator to write).

On the actual topic: everybody is free to dislike characters and their defining tropes. You should just be aware that they are not "bad" in the sense of badly written, only in the sense of "I don't like them" if you happen to not enjoy their concepts and the author's intention. In this regard Heart de Roommate actually does a lot things right (especially the emotionless girl in the middle).

"On the actual topic: everybody is free to dislike characters and their defining tropes."

NG+ on Kamidori have so much new stuff that you don't even feel like you are playing the same game, it almost feel like you are playing a sequel.

Also be ready to spend even more times on NG+ then you did on your first playthrough.

Wait so is there really that much new stuff in NG+? And also another question *MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT*

I know Yuela's route at least goes through the whole war with Disnafrody and the Shogun... are the other three routes the same thing? Or do they each go off and have problems with their own? Like for example does Serawi end up in some war with the elves, or does Emelita end of in some conflict with her past if you choose their routes? I just want to know because that's a major determining factor in whether or not I play their routes.

On another note, I also finished Yumiko's route in Grisaia, and I finished Koihime Musous for the second time yesterday. Next on my list is Amane in Grisaia, followed by Michiru and maybe the pink haired girl (blanking on the name), but I'm no lolicon so they shorty is out IMO. After that comes I/O, Comyu, Clover Days, and finishing up my second runthrough of G-String.

Edited by Shadolance
Wait so is there really that much new stuff in NG+? And also another question *MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT*

I know Yuela's route at least goes through the whole war with Disnafrody and the Shogun... are the other three routes the same thing? Or do they each go off and have problems with their own? Like for example does Serawi end up in some war with the elves, or does Emelita end of in some conflict with her past if you choose their routes? I just want to know because that's a major determining factor in whether or not I play their routes.

Basically that, yeah. They all have some major conflict, but with different people. One ends fighting an unborn god in a flying city, the other has you fighting godzilla and a support character turned evil.