Visual Novels Translation Status [05/11/2014]

meh, so the miu route is the last route left?He really should just finish it then, he's almost 50% into the last route, that must mean the translation is bordering 90% complete or so, it'd suck to just not finish it by this point, even if he retires for good after this.

Hmmmm you know I don't think Chronicles 01 has any sexual content. Despite the NSFW picture on the VN site I think that's from something else. Not that I'm complaining mind. A good VN doesn't need sexual content. I just found it curious. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Hmmmm you know I don't think Chronicles 01 has any sexual content. Despite the NSFW picture on the VN site I think that's from something else. Not that I'm complaining mind. A good VN doesn't need sexual content. I just found it curious. Maybe I'm just missing something.

It does have sexual content, it just opens up when you finish the three main stories.

MangaGamer Staff Blog » Blog Archive » Announcing Sakura Spirit!

Mangagamer announces Sakura Spirit, though it's probably been listed under the translation status blog for a while but I'm not sure about that.

(This page - MangaGamer Staff Blog » Project Status )

The "shininess" of the characters kinda reminds me of "Eroge! Sex and Games" or what it's full name was.

EDIT: Heh, all ages and it's coming to Steam, interesting.

(Those preview pictures don't exactly look all ages to me but I guess for these project that's more like a T rating instead of a M one or how it say.)

Edited by jbeckman

It kinda reminds me of the bad endings in the X-Change trilogy, first one wasn't that big but the two others had like ~20 or so endings.

Had to use a walkthrough for those games and even then I missed several scenes, that other game, Yin-Yang was a bit lighter from what I remember but I guess Jast changed a bit there from earlier licenses such as Virgin Roster and those other slightly darker titles and of course the whole Rapelay debacle a few years later.

EDIT: Of course from what I remember VN's then had a bit more complicated and non-linear choices so without a walkthrough or a lot of saving and loading for testing various paths it was pretty difficult to figure out what choice led where.

(Whereas now you immediately target one path/girl and then choose inside/outside during the sex sequences, heh but of course there are exceptions just that those larger games don't get licensed that often here in the west due to costs and other reasons.)

EDIT: Wonder if Jast has stopped altering translations and content in games now, then again maybe they did that a while ago already aside from the ever edited character age localization.

(Though if it works it's not that bad of a compromise, especially compared to cutting scenes or otherwise editing content though I believe Hirameki were the ones that really took that to a new level removing entire routes and changing the game to a DVD movie with choices.)

Edited by jbeckman