Visual Novels Translation Status [12/18/2017]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable news just surfaced 18+ Rakuen Released : visualnovels

This can't be reality, can it? xD

Related KS update: The Grisaia Trilogy: Three Huge Visual Novels for PC by sekaiproject —

Kickstarter

Kai's gonna love it :D

Gotta tell you, actually is hard to believe. When I found out this mourning I thought that maybe I'm misreading again lol.

Now is time to give sekai what they deserve and pirate the shit out of it...

I bet it'll be on nyaa by tomorrow morning :D Though don't hold my word for that at the moment, you never know for sure with VN piracy :)

That is okay...I haven't read meikyuu grand route yet because it ends in a cliffhanger, by the time I'm done with that the torrent should be out.

I had hoped the new translation of Hoshizora would be a bit better than StaircaseSubs's. Perhaps it is, but...

line 1: If memory serves me, Mare herself said she wouldn't be here on cloudless nights.

line 2: So does that mean she couldn't come here when the sky isn't clear?

...I'm beginning to have some doubts...

That is okay...I haven't read meikyuu grand route yet because it ends in a cliffhanger, by the time I'm done with that the torrent should be out.

The Eden of Grisaia - Unrated Edition [Denpasoft] :: Sukebei

I said it would be up by tomorrow morning, LOL xD

Edit: But what I didn't predict is that Sekai is hated so much that even two torrents would pop out one after the other: グリザイアの楽園 -LE EDEN DE LA GRISAIA- :: Sukebei

LOL :D

Edited by TakiMinase
The Eden of Grisaia - Unrated Edition [Denpasoft] :: Sukebei

I said it would be up by tomorrow morning, LOL xD

Edit: But what I didn't predict is that Sekai is hated so much that even two torrents would pop out one after the other: グリザイアの楽園 -LE EDEN DE LA GRISAIA- :: Sukebei

LOL :D

Is there even a reason to like Sekai? Imo Sekai are more or less the equivalent of EA for VN. They don't seem to care about their customers, they release subpar products, they always try to get money in every way they can, spout bullshit all the times etc.

Is there even a reason to like Sekai? Imo Sekai are more or less the equivalent of EA for VN. They don't seem to care about their customers, they release subpar products, they always try to get money in every way they can, spout bullshit all the times etc.

Now, now, no need to start calling names :D As a Westwood fan, i hate EA with all fibre of my being, but unlike EA SP is not yet guilty of causing developers to shut down, so i don't think it's right consider them on the same level.

And isn't it them who gave a genre a boost to popularity though? That, and we have an entirety of Grisaia in English, those are reasons enough for me. Am not exalting them, and criticizing them for their shortcomings is definitely necessary, but there is no need to go to extremes.

I am too old to be jumping on this drama wagon.

;84800']Now, now, no need to start calling names :D As a Westwood fan, i hate EA with all fibre of my being, but unlike EA SP is not yet guilty of causing developers to shut down, so i don't think it's right consider them on the same level.

And isn't it them who gave a genre a boost to popularity though? That, and we have an entirety of Grisaia in English, those are reasons enough for me. Am not exalting them, and criticizing them for their shortcomings is definitely necessary, but there is no need to go to extremes.

Grisaia didn't benefit in way by being picked up by sekai. Like dio said, the first game already had a fan translation, and koestl was working on the later games even before the kickstarter was a thing. We would have all the games a lot faster if it stayed as a fan project...The only good thing out of this is that koestl and his team got paid, they really deserved.

I don't think the medium as whole benefited that much from sekai actions either, they continue to flood steam with shitty sakura games and other bad oelvn, making life harder for other publishers that actually release good visual novels.

;84800']Now, now, no need to start calling names :D As a Westwood fan, i hate EA with all fibre of my being, but unlike EA SP is not yet guilty of causing developers to shut down, so i don't think it's right consider them on the same level.

That is completely wrong, Sekai likes to take credit for making VNs more popular but that is a lie. They used to be a fan translation group and only started doing things officially after they saw that VNs are getting popular.

Sekai even claims that they were the first ones to bring VNs to Steam which is also a lie, if you check Steam you can see that MG was the first with Jap VNs and even before that English original VNs had made it to Steam.

So ye only thing that Sekai did was steal licenses and deliver a lesser quality product then MG and JAST would have done.

And this is not going to the extremes, they literately have done a single thing right since the day they turned into a company, even to this day some people still haven't gotten their Kickstarter rewards for Sekais first projects.

Edited by Pasa
We would have all the games a lot faster if it stayed as a fan project...

Not to say that SP were fast, but it could've gone either way (worst case, koestl could've dropped Grisaia at some point due to work). Also, not exactly related to koestl, but we also received Chiruchiru spin-off, side stories and 4 volumes of Phantom Trigger and all of those were simultaneous English/Japan releases (granted people weren't really happy about Frontwing's own translation).

Yeah, quality leaves much to be desired most of the time. Still, i could count VNs released on Steam before SP on fingers of both hands (yeah, MG's Go!Go!Nippon! among them). SP were not the only one, but i don't think they had no impact on popularity.

So ye only thing that Sekai did was steal licenses and deliver a lesser quality product then MG and JAST would have done.

And this is not going to the extremes, they literately have done a single thing right since the day they turned into a company, even to this day some people still haven't gotten their Kickstarter rewards for Sekais first projects.

Well, blaming them for "stealing licenses" is a bit of a stretch, although i'm not going to argue about quality. "Stealing license" from JAST has a perk of product not being stalled for years, though.

I do agree that failing on delivering KS rewards is bad, though.

So, to summarize, people hate SP for:

1. Dovac (he's no longer being public, though);
  2. Overusing Kickstarter (never backed a single one of theirs, lol);
  3. Failing on delivering KS rewards in full (not making it better for SP, but haven't seen a single Kickstarter with zero comments about not receiving something, tbh);
  4. UnQCed and delayed releases.

So, yeah, SP should get their shit together with last two, but i actually expected more than that for the amount of hate they get.

For me personally the worst thing is that they killed Aroduc one of the best fan translators we had by stealing his script for Baldr Sky. And now not only does it mean that we have to wait a long time for it but everything is implying that it's going to be a censored only version as well.

And they will never get their shit together because the whole point of that company is to scam everyone out of their money for as long as they can.

;84807']Dovac (he's no longer being public' date=' though)[/quote']

Actually, he is still being public, just not so much on twitter like some other places. You can find him on Sekai's discord channel, he still posts his bullshit there (like that comment linked here earlier in this thread).

For me personally the worst thing is that they killed Aroduc one of the best fan translators we had by stealing his script for Baldr Sky. And now not only does it mean that we have to wait a long time for it but everything is implying that it's going to be a censored only version as well.

And they will never get their shit together because the whole point of that company is to scam everyone out of their money for as long as they can.

Even if they got their hands on script, is it for sure that they are going to use it in the end?

And by censored, do you mean mosaics or lack of 18+ version? Cause if latter i can only recall G-Senjou no Maou (and they are going to release Unrated version after all).

You can add a lack of image editing to the list. Even most fanTLs do that, too much effort for sekais "professionals" though.

No, they aren't going to use aroducs partial script. If they did any lawyer would be salivating over getting such an easy case

You can add a lack of image editing to the list. Even most fanTLs do that, too much effort for sekais "professionals" though.

No, they aren't going to use aroducs partial script. If they did any lawyer would be salivating over getting such an easy case

They will just edit them a bit and say its a new translation.

;84814']Even if they got their hands on script, is it for sure that they are going to use it in the end?

And by censored, do you mean mosaics or lack of 18+ version? Cause if latter i can only recall G-Senjou no Maou (and they are going to release Unrated version after all).

Sekai is lazy so they use it for sure, as said above they just edit them a bit so they dont get into trouble. And yes with censored I mean no 18+ version.

Edited by Pasa
It's SP that bad? It's worse than JAST USA?

I prefer SP over JAST USA

Ye Sekai is that bad. The only bad thing about JAST is that they are slow, while Sekai is both slow and actively trying to scam people.

Errr... Easy case for Sekai or Aroduc? xD Aroduc himself already is breaching the copyright law by translating the game without a proper license by the JP dev (which Sekai got), you do know that, right? Though I am not familiar with the law, I think this is the case, no? I wouldn't like Sekai to use his scripts but if we are talking about the law here, Sekai cannot get in trouble if they decide to use the scripts they have now. Or am I wrong about that? :)

Edit: And one more patch by Tsurezure, one more route finished Tsujidou-san no Jun’ai Road Update #29 (Saeko Route Patch) – tsurezurescans

Now only one route left till the end. I think their main TLer is going to be burned out pretty much after this. He really gave his best to see this through.

Edited by TakiMinase