Men at Work! 2 .........Installation?

Ok I have had this game for a while.When ever I install it the Japanese version works, but when I try to use the English patch I get an (Error saying Insert Disk MaW 3 or MaW 4) or something along those lines.I have already tried the download site comments but none of it works for me.So if anyone knows how to install it that would be great,and don't bother explaining setting locale to Japanese. My system is always set for Japanese.

My system is:

Windows Vista Ultimate, Service Pack 2 , 32 Bit Operating System

Thanks!

Edited by Breakthrough

OK Got It Working

1. Set locale to Japanese

2. Make a MAW2 folder on your desktop :Maw2= Men at work 2

3. Extract downloaded rars into the MAW2 folder

4. Make 3 subfolders: SAVE Music Movie

5. Move .avi files or veido clip files to Movie Folder

6. Move .wav files or Wave Sound files to Music Folder

7. Move .dat files to SAVE Folder: (Except game00.dat, game01.dat, game02.dat files)

8. Right click on English patch (Men_at_Work_2_English_v1.0.exe) and open properties

9. Click on compatibility tab

10. Put A Check In The Following Boxes,Then click apply

Compatibility Mode

Run this program in compatibility mode:If you checked this then the [Windows Xp (Service Pack 2)] box will no longer be grayed out

Privilege Level

Run this program as an administrator

11. Now run the Men_at_Work!_2_English_v1.0 patch (I downloaded mine from mirror moon)

12. Click Next

13. Agree to terms , then click next

14. Put a check in Subtitled OP movie, then click next

15. Click Browse...load the whole MAW2 Folder from your desk top, then click next

Then it should install!Good luck

Edited by Breakthrough
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks. I was having problems getting the game to run right myself. I still can't get the opening movie to play, but that's an incredibly minor point all things considered.

I didn't have a problem with the opening movie,you could try reinstalling it or getting a new copy/re-download.But I don't think you miss anything life threatening just by missing it.

(And welcome to erogegames.com)

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm having problems installing the actual game. Every time i try to instal I get a window with 1155 on it. On the mirror moon forum it said that it appears when my comp it not on jap locale, but my computer is in Japanese locale and this should not be a problem because i have many other eroges and visual novels currently installed on my computer like Muvluv, Chaos;Head, and kamidori and they installed and play fine without problems... *sigh*

I have finished all the eroges i was currently playing and was planning on tackling this next but i kinda want to give up now. Anyway please help me out.

Hello, I'm having problems installing the actual game. Every time i try to instal I get a window with 1155 on it. On the mirror moon forum it said that it appears when my comp it not on jap locale, but my computer is in Japanese locale and this should not be a problem because i have many other eroges and visual novels currently installed on my computer like Muvluv, Chaos;Head, and kamidori and they installed and play fine without problems... *sigh*

I have finished all the eroges i was currently playing and was planning on tackling this next but i kinda want to give up now. Anyway please help me out.

previously..i extract the whole game files from the iso..

inside there have those file..just take all those out and apply the patch and you are ready to go~

I have another version of the game (which is simply a .rar of already installed game), so I can't test it myself, but several guys on the main website said that the following works for them:

Moving the folder to non-system drive won't let UAC (if you use it) mess with the game.

I don't have any files with Japanese filenames in my version.

Edit: it's probably a part of MaW4 Special Edition (maw2 folder from its DVD containing 4 files: setup.exe, 1 .msi file and 2 .cab's), which does use Japanese filename for its MSI installation package:

メンアットワーク!2 ハンターアカデミーへようこそ.msi

If you're in Japanese locale and you're getting 1155 error (which I get as well if I run aforementioned setup.exe NOT in Japanese locale), then check that MSI has the correct name.

As stated above, you don't really have to install MaW2, manual extraction works too.

I have that version. Installed it with setup.exe (if I tried to run the .msi file, it just says something about setup.exe, probably telling me to run that instead). Now, the English patch itself has a problem (only with this version maybe?). It doesn't want to patch the game (at the default path at least - "C:\Program Files\Studio e.go!\maw2_plus", I didn't try installing it anywhere else) and you get an error saying something along the lines of "Patching a Japanese version of the game is only possible if you run the patch with Administrator privileges". There is a simple solution for it - go to the game folder where you installed the game and just move "maw2.exe" out of the folder somewhere (or just delete it), run the patch again and it will work fine.

I have another version of the game (which is simply a .rar of already installed game), so I can't test it myself, but several guys on the main website said that the following works for them:

Moving the folder to non-system drive won't let UAC (if you use it) mess with the game.

I don't have any files with Japanese filenames in my version.

Edit: it's probably a part of MaW4 Special Edition (maw2 folder from its DVD containing 4 files: setup.exe, 1 .msi file and 2 .cab's), which does use Japanese filename for its MSI installation package:

メンアットワーク!2 ハンターアカデミーへようこそ.msi

If you're in Japanese locale and you're getting 1155 error (which I get as well if I run aforementioned setup.exe NOT in Japanese locale), then check that MSI has the correct name.

As stated above, you don't really have to install MaW2, manual extraction works too.

O I see. My .msi file was "______-____2!_____-___-___.msi." Weird. o.O I changed the name to the japanese one and the setup.exe worked. Thank you.

Edited by NP-3228
  • 4 years later...