Sankarea - la morte ragazza amica

So, the anime is running strong. At least to fans of the manga like myself. Figured I'd toss up a discussion thread for the show, and see what other people think.

We are up to the 2nd episode as of this post, and I think things are moving along nicely. For the most part things are keeping to the manga. The stuff about her family came later. I suppose it doesn't hurt too much here though.

The /fun/ starts at the end of next episode. So it will probably be episode 4 by the time things get really interesting.

They are really taking their time with things, and matching up with the manga wonderfully(though I miss the nude of Wanko in the bath *cough*). There's a good sense of impending doom. And while I don't want to spoil anything, a certain image in this episode was great foreshadowing for those of us who know what happens.

I do however miss the inner monologue of the main character. After he drops her off into the poisonous bushes around her home, he thought the line as a narrator 'this was my last chance to save her.' as he rode the bike off into the moonlight. That was always an awesome piece of imagery to me.

Oh well, nothing to do but wait for next week.

Attaching the aforementioned nude image. As much ecchi as they still left in, nothing wrong with appreciating what they didn't show. ^.^

ksankarea_c02_32.jpg

The manga has gotten really intense, can't wait till the anime catches up a little to the manga. And because I hate having to wait every week for a new episode, since I lose enthusiasm towards the anime after a while I think I'll just wait till the anime reaches around episode 6 to start watching. Cheers for Sankarea :D

I've never read the manga, so I don't know anything about the seires but still,

Was I the only one who thought her dad was a Pervert just from the opening of the first episode?

Im assuming you can read the manga on Onemanga or Mangafox right?

Heh, just watched episode 3. And they said the Last Chance line I was talking about in the first 30 seconds. XD My faith in this anime grows with each episode.

The cliffhanger ending here was as I expected, but it was still quite good. They rehashed some of the story, but there were enough new scenes that it kept interesting. Such as the drainage pipe, and poor Ranko's 'chafing'. :o

There were a couple of really nice art choices as well: The moon during the Last Chance line was well represented, but I think I probably prefer the image in the manga more. I'm still very happy they kept the line in however, and I think it gives a good feel for the foreshadowing to come. Also, I really liked the impending storm cloud covering Rea in shadow when she's there talking to her father. It's a little thing, but has a great impact on the mood and feel of the scene. The image at the end of Babu sitting in the blood covered flowers was great too. The typical shounen anime just doesn't seem to give these sort of artistic touches that add so much impact. At least to me.

Of course now the fun really begins.

Edited by Haika
I didn't really see the cliffhanger in this episode, but otherwise all I have to say is OUCH!!!!! that had to hurt.

I hurting just thinking about it.

Nah, it's all good since she fell into a now bloodstained flower bed. =P I'm sure that pain was nothing compared to the emotional distraught she's had to put up with since birth.

Although I hate the dad, I kind of hate the mom more for not doing anything. She's equally at fault, if not more for being this cruel at watching all of it happen time and time again, then acting coldhearted towards her flesh and blood. Sure, the dad's a total creep, but at least he showed her "affection."

So tempted to spoil things about the mother, but I'll be good. Suffice it to say, there are circumstances.

you mean the fact that they don't look a like (the mother and Rea)?

doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that ciurcumstance.

technically the father doesn't look like Rea either.

So tempted to spoil things about the mother, but I'll be good. Suffice it to say, there are circumstances.

I'll all caught up with the manga now (volume 5). I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say I understand the "circumstances." Geez, the spoiler tags need to work. >_>

I'll all caught up with the manga now (volume 5). I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say I understand the "circumstances." Geez, the spoiler tags need to work. >_>

I fully agree. You can cheat with a white text color, but spoilers are a forum mainstay. Wonder why we haven't gotten a working spoiler tag here yet.

So I was wondering when this anime aired. According to Doki Fansubs (the group I download from) it airs on Thurs. at 1655 UTC. The time zone is just UTC right? no + or -.

If that is the case episode 4 has been out for almost a day now.

I've really been liking this show so far. I'll definitely keep watching it, and I'll probably read the manga too. I think I'll wait till after the show has ended, when I'm left wanting more.

hey, what fansub group do you download from for sankarea? I use Doki but they aren't probably gonna get it out for a while, any recomendations for temporary useage?

Commie is really fast, but their subs aren't as good. I usually watch the Commie version when I can't wait.

Thx for the info dan.

Im almost done reading what is avalible of the manga, and i gotta say, this is probably the best and yet worst covered manga ever. I can't find any info on when the weekly releases are or even if the story is still going.

Thx for the info dan.

Im almost done reading what is avalible of the manga, and i gotta say, this is probably the best and yet worst covered manga ever. I can't find any info on when the weekly releases are or even if the story is still going.

Sadly, it's a monthly manga, not a weekly. Still going as far as I know, should have another chapter come out in may. Ch. 27 came out just a few days ago for April.

• 3 weeks later...