I can't install this game on my home PC... it gives me a Installation Error 1603 and my PC has always been set to Japanese Locale...

http://sadpanda.us/images/871068-N5HN7CD.jpg

Can I install this game on another PC then copy the installed/patched folder to my Flash Drive then save it on my PC?

And if it's possible, why isn't anyone have uploaded their installed/patched game so that those who are having a bit problem installing it can just DL it and play it on the go?

Edited by AzureGrimoire
Can I install this game on another PC then copy the installed/patched folder to my Flash Drive then save it on my PC?

Dunno but give a try. And please remember that kamidori's save folder is located under C:\Users\Name\AppData\???

Edit : Oh yeah and number 1603 is a fatal installation error btw.

You receive an "error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation" error message when you try to install a Windows Installer package

Edited by OneManArmy

And if it's possible, why isn't anyone have uploaded their installed/patched game so that those who are having a bit problem installing it can just DL it and play it on the go?

well, the reason is, the game itself designates a separate folder outside of the game folder for save files... that's why no one has done it before...

I can't install this game on my home PC... it gives me a Installation Error 1603 and my PC has always been set to Japanese Locale...

http://sadpanda.us/images/871068-N5HN7CD.jpg

im sorry i cant help u but can u show me your PC screen? im really interested

Dunno but give a try. And please remember that kamidori's save folder is located under C:\Users\Name\AppData\???

Edit : Oh yeah and number 1603 is a fatal installation error btw.

You receive an "error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation" error message when you try to install a Windows Installer package

In XP? I use Windows XP... (I'm using themes on my PC...)

The answer you r looking for is yes, you can move an entire folder from other pc and it will work too.

I have quite the same problem like you too my xp wont install it no matter what, but it play the moved game folder fine with japanese non unicode thing

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, this is my first post, so hello to everybody.

I have the same problem with saving my game. I also installed the game on my other computer cause I can't install it on my PC with Win7, but laptop with Vista managed to do that, then copied everything back to my pc. Everytime I try to save game I get an error:

imgur: the simple image sharer

I made exactly the same folder with save file as in the other computer (user name is different in each other) and nothing. Any ideas?

At the start - I couldn't find the AppData folder, it was hidden, so I just pasted C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Eushully\神採りアルケミーマイスター\SAVE\ then did the same directions but with user name from the laptop. I also had wrong text than 神採りアルケミーマイスター, so I changed it, tried to delete the save file, but the game didn't even make new one. I'm out of ideas.

Edited by Blah

@Blah I believe the directory for the save file in the 7 are svaed at different location than vista

I will check when i got back to the front of my laptop

*update it actually the same stated by other member before

For now you said it was hidden?

May be enable the show hidden file option in "folder option"

Then try looking for it if u found it rename/moved it out of the place than try saving the game once more

Ps. Welcome to the board too!

Edited by Exsilon

As far as I know they're in the same location, but in my case user names are different. Now it's not hidden, I have simple access. I also unmarked "read only" attribute on the whole Users folder and I got this error:

Meaning that it can't find that file. I don't know if this is important, it can be some other stuff and those characters are weird but I thought I also tell you that.

As far as I know they're in the same location, but in my case user names are different.

I am actully out of tricks here but i thinks you should put the save file in the PC current user's username.

Also my savefile has the readonly enable so u might want to reable it.

There should be a save file in *PCusername:Appdata: Local: Eushully...

If not try put the save file in

Goodluck

I already had this save file there. I think the problem is with some registry keys, the game doesn't even know about this folder. I tried to install game on my pc, just to get that save folder.

Anyway, I have this error when trying to install:

And then the usual 1603 error.

I thought it's the problem of polish character in my user name, I changed it and still nothing. Maybe someone can tell me how to install it properly or something about my save problem...

I already had this save file there. I think the problem is with some registry keys, the game doesn't even know about this folder. I tried to install game on my pc, just to get that save folder.

Anyway, I have this error when trying to install:

And then the usual 1603 error.

I thought it's the problem of polish character in my user name, I changed it and still nothing. Maybe someone can tell me how to install it properly or something about my save problem...

It may be a long shot, but do you have admin privileges on that PC? To me, that save issue sounds like the game can't create the save folder because of that, but it could be something totally different. Try to run the game as an Administrator and see if it will create the folder, also try to install it the same way (right click on the setup -> Run as Administrator). It's worth a try at least.

Edit: I just saw that first picture you posted - that "S?awek" could be causing the problem, do you have any strange letter in that "?" ? If so, then the game can't create the files, since it's some strange letter, which the Japanese locale doesn't like. If that is your Windows username, then it may be a problem to install the game. The same is with the saves - it may sound silly but the whole problem could be in that strange letter in your Windows name.

Let me know what your username is or rather what that "?" letter is, in case I'm totally wrong here. Also, do you use the same name on that Vista system (with the "?" letter) or something different, i.e. a name with normal letters only ?

Edited by killerinsidee