Visual Novels Translation Status [Weekly Updated][05/20/2012]

@everyone who was talking about RuiTomo

Ixrec was pretty impressed with RuiTomo's humour, and had stated that he would probably translate it one day just to 'prove he could', but after reading Coμ -Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku-, he stated that RuiTomo wasn't a translation candidate simply because Coμ was better than it in nearly all aspects.

@Stoopet

I understand that everyone has their own opinions, but it may be for the better if you didn't speak in such accusatory tones. Each to their own, and there's no need to insult other people's intelligence based on what they think.

As for the lack of 'top-tier' games being translated, most of the times its due to the game's lengths and lack of dedication, a 50-100k line script takes a very long time to translate for most people, and on top of that, MangaGamer and JAST mostly picks nukige because they're easier to license. Since they're a legitimate business, in order to gain the licenses to translate games from the more famous and popular companies, they need to show that they can achieve good sales, and also pay for all other parts of the game, not just towards the company that made it, but towards the voice-acting people, singers for the OP/ED, etc.

As for popular games, IIRC Irotoridori no Sekai and White Album 2 are pretty popular in Japan, and Yoakemae Yori Ruiiro Na might have been pretty popular when it was released.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you see any PC version of it - Amagami ?

Lol you sure you're quoting the right person?

ultimecea was the one who said there's a PC version.

Ixrec was pretty impressed with RuiTomo's humour, and had stated that he would probably translate it one day just to 'prove he could', but after reading Coμ -Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku-, he stated that RuiTomo wasn't a translation candidate simply because Coμ was better than it in nearly all aspects.

@Stoopet

I understand that everyone has their own opinions, but it may be for the better if you didn't speak in such accusatory tones. Each to their own, and there's no need to insult other people's intelligence based on what they think.

As for the lack of 'top-tier' games being translated, most of the times its due to the game's lengths and lack of dedication, a 50-100k line script takes a very long time to translate for most people, and on top of that, MangaGamer and JAST mostly picks nukige because they're easier to license. Since they're a legitimate business, in order to gain the licenses to translate games from the more famous and popular companies, they need to show that they can achieve good sales, and also pay for all other parts of the game, not just towards the company that made it, but towards the voice-acting people, singers for the OP/ED, etc.

As for popular games, IIRC Irotoridori no Sekai and White Album 2 are pretty popular in Japan, and Yoakemae Yori Ruiiro Na might have been pretty popular when it was released.

I hear ya bro.

Well, quality is definitely better than quantity. Also, Both jast and mangagamer mostly license regular 10-30 Hour eroge, Mangagamer has barely 3 Nukiges if i remember, not sure abou Jast though, i've only seen their regular ones.

Oh yes, i remember them making a fuss about White album 2 on a japanese blog.

Agreed, Size of the game and the amount of time that the translators set aside for translating can largely effect how long it takes for the games to be released.

I think I remember somewhere on the Staircase Sub blog that they try to cover around 250 words a day at 30 minutes each day, Which so far I've seen that they stick to, Sure I would love for them to work hours and hours each day so that the eta of the finished thing would be less then a year but the work would become sloppy if they did that each day, at the end of the day I just guess that it's the Company/ Translators ability and agility that can effect it.

Also there are a hell of a lot of VNs being translated by different people and yet I can only find 2 or 3 that I actually want to play, Either my standards are to high or I'm starting to lose interest in VNs..

Lol you sure you're quoting the right person?

ultimecea was the one who said there's a PC version.

I hear ya bro.

Well, quality is definitely better than quantity. Also, Both jast and mangagamer mostly license regular 10-30 Hour eroge, Mangagamer has barely 3 Nukiges if i remember, not sure abou Jast though, i've only seen their regular ones.

Oh yes, i remember them making a fuss about White album 2 on a japanese blog.

i remember there is a PC version!!!!!!!!!

Someone's translating Rance 6 and plans to release a short teaser patch soon (He won't do any other partials, but I can understand that).

And by soon, I mean this weekend, not a few months.

Hoo?? Nice, I hope this project makes the guys on HGTP to focus on Rance Quest (That, if Aroduc is no translating it already).