I don't what I'm doing!!

As the title suggests, I'm green as grass at this downloading biz where Hentai games, or if you prefer, Eroge games are concerned. What exactly am I supposed to do to get these things to work? Once I've extracted the files to a folder then I get these different components and I don't have a clue as to what they are or what they mean. What is a crack file and why is a crack file necessary? I'm used to just extracting the rar file and there's the movie, ready to play. Not so with this stuff. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to use to open it, after I've extracted the files.

So anyone who's willing to help a newbie on this, I sure would appreciate it. I just downloaded Secret Wives Club and I assumed that the Crack file was the file that actually held the game, but I don't know. Anyhow, when I clicked on it to open it I got an error message that said something about "can't use the connected file GGD", whatever the hell that means. Now for those of you who are chuckling over my plight just try and think back to a time when you didn't know squat about this stuff either.

In any case, any and all help will be appreciated. And do me a favor, I'm not a computer whiz, (obviously) so keep it simple.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ogleman65:confused:

"Can't use the connected file GGD"

->You're attempting to run the crack file as if it were the game executable. You need to copy/cut & paste the crack (.exe file) to the game installation directory (where you installed the game on you harddrive) and then run the game. (Basic "Pirating" skill 101...)

Really can't be more specific then this.

For all other questions check out the F.A.Q section.

http://erogedownload.com/faq/

Protip: change your applocale in japanese aswell, most eroge (except "officially translated ones" from mangagamer/jast) require you to change your applocale in jap. Tutorial can also be found on the f.a.q page.

Also:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Can%27t+use+the+connected+file+GGD

Google is your friend - use it when in trouble

Edited by Caelistas

its simple..

first change your region and language to japanese...

i assume you know where to change that but..just in case its located at the CONTROL PANEL

restart your computer and you should be able to play it..

but if it fails...

just backup all your drivers and update it though an old game like SECRET WIVES CLUB shouldnt have this kind of problems..

and you can actually read other threads in this location because it does gives you all a clue to identify the problems~

As the title suggests, I'm green as grass at this downloading biz where Hentai games, or if you prefer, Eroge games are concerned. What exactly am I supposed to do to get these things to work? Once I've extracted the files to a folder then I get these different components and I don't have a clue as to what they are or what they mean. What is a crack file and why is a crack file necessary? I'm used to just extracting the rar file and there's the movie, ready to play. Not so with this stuff. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to use to open it, after I've extracted the files.

So anyone who's willing to help a newbie on this, I sure would appreciate it. I just downloaded Secret Wives Club and I assumed that the Crack file was the file that actually held the game, but I don't know. Anyhow, when I clicked on it to open it I got an error message that said something about "can't use the connected file GGD", whatever the hell that means. Now for those of you who are chuckling over my plight just try and think back to a time when you didn't know squat about this stuff either.

In any case, any and all help will be appreciated. And do me a favor, I'm not a computer whiz, (obviously) so keep it simple.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ogleman65:confused:

Like cael already said, please use ivan's guide : FAQ | Eroge Download

Can anyone help me? I downloaded Deardrops torrent and when I play the game, it has glitches that turn the background completely black. It doesn't affect the running of the game but it's really annoying. thank you.

do you mean, you're playing it in window mode and you're desktop background turns black while you're doing so???

I suggest that you just ignore it or play in full screen mode...

It works fine now. Thank you very much.

glad to help...

oh, and by the way, next time you encounter another problem regarding eroges or anything, I suggest that make your on thread, the one who made this thread might get mad at you for getting out of his/her topic...

now that's done, have fun...

• 5 years later...